Author Topic: Deities Mod - Early Development  (Read 1824 times)

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Deities Mod - Early Development
« Reply #120 on: 15 December 2017, 15:52:40 »
Last night i reworked many things in my Artemis tree idea. I think it's looking better now.
Changes:
- Bow and spear use separate skills again. Both have new/revorked passives, the only passive they use together is Volley.
- Ensnare and Barbed Netting are combined and made a Nymph modifier. Reason - i've never seen anyone to use Ensnare after normal difficulty or a viable build made around it.
- Wolves will stay as a permanent summon for now. Max limit reduced to 2.
- Moon tree is removed and replaced with Survival type skills. Moon skills still exist, bur are scattered across the mastery.
If you want to see the new tree, check the Artemis post in first page.
Now remains to implement the changes ingame and test it.

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: 16 December 2017, 16:06:59 »
Updated skill tree:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Icons and descriptions are not done yet, but most skills work as intended. Nymph casts nets now :)

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: 17 December 2017, 02:32:39 »
All new skill descriptions done. Now remains to do icons and effects.
I think 4 tiers of nymphs and wolves is too much... ill reduce them to 2 tiers each and leave the best looking ones. In vanilla game most people doesnt up nymph much, only her skills, and i want her to look cool from the start :)
There are some problems with nymph herbal remedy skill that i can't find the cause for. This is what the skill does:

Spoiler for Hiden:

First problem is that she is supposed to cast it on the player (and wolves if they are close), but it seems she cast it more on herself.
Second and bigger problem is if anything hits me or a wolf who has it, the aura dissapears immediately.
Aura is set as Buffother skill, i tried making it a heal skill but then it doesnt show at all...
« Last Edit: 17 December 2017, 02:39:04 by nargil66 »

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: 17 December 2017, 07:55:45 »
New tiered spartoi concept (now wielding spears to look more like hoplites):

Spoiler for Hiden:

Right to left:
Spartoi - Sown Warrior
Spartoi - Sown Veteran
Spartoi - Sown Champion

The only thing left are bracers and greaves and some color tweaks for the items. Then i can finally attach them to the mesh.

Edit: All meshes attached. Second shield (spartan one) made more bronze looking, tweaked color of torso harness. Added greaves. This is almost final. Also made status icons for spartoi and dragon, finally they show in the ui and can be controlled.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Edit2: Made leveled invisible spears and shields and fake spartoi attack to show their damage in the ui.
« Last Edit: 17 December 2017, 20:55:04 by nargil66 »

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: 18 December 2017, 07:32:45 »
Edit: All meshes attached. Second shield (spartan one) made more bronze looking, tweaked color of torso harness. Added greaves. This is almost final. Also made status icons for spartoi and dragon, finally they show in the ui and can be controlled.

Success! Nice work on those warriors Nargil66  ;) Bet you're feeling that 'breakthrough' goodness right now eh?  :D I managed to finally get Portals working in my map last night so am also stoked atm as well- the joys of modding!

I was curious about the final tier of Spartoi, the one with the Shield of the Korybantes.  It seems from the pics that they are all wearing (re-textured) Harness of Command, but this guy is somehow wearing a 'double' Harness?? Looks so awesome, but how did you do this?

~  Anything new for TQ? See what Unearthed StudiosNZ has been up to - Details at www.hamunaptramod.com  ~

Lurking no more..

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Club Member
  • Sometimes you just gotta march on Mount Olympus.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: 18 December 2017, 12:37:12 »

Success! Nice work on those warriors Nargil66  ;) Bet you're feeling that 'breakthrough' goodness right now eh?  :D I managed to finally get Portals working in my map last night so am also stoked atm as well- the joys of modding!

I was curious about the final tier of Spartoi, the one with the Shield of the Korybantes.  It seems from the pics that they are all wearing (re-textured) Harness of Command, but this guy is somehow wearing a 'double' Harness?? Looks so awesome, but how did you do this?
I was never able to get portals to work in the map editor :\ or Fountains for that matter. Good job!
Your inventory is full *Plays intense game of tetris*
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: 18 December 2017, 13:13:32 »

You should tell me how you did it some time. Or we can join forces lol... together we shall rule the Galaxy >:D
About the armors - I used Hunter's armor mesh with partially deleted texture for second tier, and when i use it with Harness of Command mesh, half of it dissapears :).

Edit: Testing new aspis sheld for tier 3:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Edit2: Nvm, ill remove  the bronze buckler and use all 3, but maybe make new look for Korybantes or Deimos and use it as 3rd tier.
« Last Edit: 18 December 2017, 18:18:01 by nargil66 »

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: 18 December 2017, 21:32:19 »
Here is a mix of Deimos and Korybantes, the bump texture i made is giving me problems tho. It became too flat and more glossy than i wanted it to be. I have very little experience with making bump maps, another skill i have yet to learn.

Edit: Went back to origin Deimos bump and changed the texture instead. Here is new concept of the tiered spartoi:

« Last Edit: 19 December 2017, 12:05:39 by nargil66 »

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: 20 December 2017, 15:40:14 »
Back on Artemis tree. The Nymph's Herbal Remedy is fixed, thanks to BG. Added icons and mastery description. This is how it looks for now:

I'm not completely satisfied with the icons tho. Some are too light, others oversaturated. I'll fix them in future, as well as tweak some of the Ares icons. But right now im kinda lazy to do it :) I want to make some of the other mastery trees. Since many of the masteies are incomplete in drafts, there are 3 choises for now:

1.Apollo
2.Athena
3.Hephaestus

Which of these masteries you want to see next? This time it's your choise :).
« Last Edit: 20 December 2017, 15:42:52 by nargil66 »

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Club Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: 20 December 2017, 16:10:27 »
Hephaestus sounds like a cool one :P
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline sauruz

• Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: 20 December 2017, 16:12:57 »
i would like to see Apollo, that mastery sound like very support type, which is great :)
"Welcome to new home, be nice and strong ! "

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Club Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: 31 December 2017, 14:51:00 »
I'm going to assume this will require Ragnarok expansion as well?
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: 11 January 2018, 18:04:53 »
Well, for now its playable on both AE and Ragnarok, but i guess when its more developed it will include the expansion.

Ok, after taking a small break, i'm ready to continue. Since there were only two votes, i'll make the final call. Next mastery will be Hephaestus, because it's more interesting for me to make, especially the traps and the Automaton. I'll do Apollo right after it.
« Last Edit: 11 January 2018, 18:07:15 by nargil66 »

Offline Bumbleguppy

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: 11 January 2018, 20:21:04 »
I cast a late vote for Hephaestus. :D

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Club Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: 15 January 2018, 01:41:22 »
Glad I bought the Ragnarok expansion, this mod would be more worth it for the price than the actual new act.
Spoiler for Hiden: