Titan Quest - Anniversary Edition > Anniversary Edition - General discussion

Hunting/Rune Archer Build?

(1/4) > >>

Rorarimbo:
Hello Guys. After 10 or so years when I was playing in Gaming club I now gfound about TQAE+Ragnarok and got them in my Steam account.

I see there are some balance changes plus I dont really remember or ever known alot about the games mechanics. Im wondering what Archer build you can suggest for me. Back in TQIT Hunting/Dream and Hunting/ Rogue were good options for an archer. Honestly Im considering to try Hunting/Rune. I never played Rune mastery before. From my initial research I see people prefer throwing weapons but can it work well for an archer build? I used to have Brigand and Haruspex anyway and if they are going to be the same but somewhat worse than I remember I better try smth else.

I know in this game everything should work but Im pretty bad at games like that  and I have no gear so I need a build that will make it somewhat easier for me. Thats why Im asking if Dragon Hunter can be a good Archer or not? Thanks.

efko:
Welcome :)

Rorarimbo:
Thanks

Cleglaw:
It definitely works for an an archer build.  The one advantage that bows have over throwing weapons is considerably more range. Throwing weapons are a heck of a lot faster.  Marksmanship works with both.

Welcome to the forum.

Rorarimbo:

--- Quote from: Cleglaw on 17 February 2018, 15:00:21 ---It definitely works for an an archer build.  The one advantage that bows have over throwing weapons is considerably more range. Throwing weapons are a heck of a lot faster.  Marksmanship works with both.

Welcome to the forum.

--- End quote ---
You just destroyed me there  ;D. I saw all those throwing weapons being added but  I never cared to actually read the whole descripion of Marksmanship that says: "allows you to fire and throw". While Wood Lore now says:"bow spear or thrown objects". Until now I havent realised they were addad to these skills. Well this means the build is 95% the same its a choice between range - bow; survivability - shield plus throwing weapon; dps - duel wielding throwing weapons. These are some skill points that could be reajusted in acordance really. Despite I realise how noob I am. This makes me really happy  ;D. /there is npo reson not to try the Dragin Huner now. Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version