Titan Quest - Anniversary Edition > Anniversary Edition - General discussion

Disappointments About New Update (v 1.54)

(1/4) > >>

botebote77:
welp so i post here again (to the possible dismay of some people here :)  ) .. but I've always wanted a dedicated TQ forum and this is it.. and one of my earliest comments in this forum still holds true

"you have answered my question.. thank you.. i hope you pull more TQ gamers in this forum.. let me help by posting an unusual build and an unusual question and perhaps it can attract new and even experienced gamers.. that is my hope and i wish this forum the best"

now to my actual post:

for those who know me, i usually don't express disappointments to updates in this game.. this might be the first time I'm expressing disappointment in this game.. there is one major flaw with update version 1.54.. not a bug but a flaw

- Added a special ally.

yiva is very tough.. not a fast mob killer but very tough.. with minimal support, yiva could kill toxeus 1 on 1 even in legendary, the thorns is not enough to kill her as she is a runesmith (rune/defense).. and because she is a runesmith, the game becomes like a multiplayer with you finding a random buddy online but without the difficulty bump.. from my tests, squall and energy shield (from storm) is enough for her to kill toxeus.. HoO and regrowth is also enough.. granted, the game only becomes easier near end game after you beat loki.. but still, the joy of farming secret passage has greatly been diminished.. I've always found it fun trying to think of ways of how to beat toxeus.. from using %less damage from undead, to using monster lure from hunting, to not opening the gate and killing toxeus from outside.. gone are those days, the devs pretty much decided you just stay away and let yiva do the job

oh and that primrose passage, yiva can clear the whole map alone (one sidenote: you can't open orbs if yiva is still present.. after clearing the map, you have to disband her first before opening orbs).. what happened to you being the hero of this game? your character has been reduced to a mere spectator.. what happens if yiva dies? you just save and exit and talk to yiva in scandia again, no need to farm another loki's wand.. not getting yiva for the sole purpose of gimping my toon is against my philosophies for this game or any other games of this genre, which is exploiting every resources the game offers (without cheating) to further strengthen my toon.. again this only happens near end game.. but the joy of farming and the joy of finding ways to beat toxeus has greatly been diminished

i know many people will disagree with me.. many people want this game to be easier.. but people who are in my position i think will understand

tholuneve:
Wow.
I haven't farmed Loki's wand yet so I never recruited Yiva. But according to your description, I guess I can save the time to do that. I agree with you that this game should not be made easier. A powerful ally who can kill everything for you (note that she was defeated by Loki and you saved her)...that's exactly not what I want from this game.

botebote77:
yeah kill speed wise she's not that strong.. but she's tanky and gets your auras.. you can also control her as a pet.. good thing i retired my melee bonecharmer relying on permanent CotH and unearthly power spamming study prey.. yiva would've been a beast

it would've been ok for me if they made it like diablo 2 where every resurrect of ally costs a ton of gold

btw i saw this in the changelog

- Fixed a bug where conversion of physical to elemental damage went over 100%.

kudos you proved the devs wrong they had to correct it

sauruz:
Well reading your toughts and i agree, making a perma strong allie is making the game alot of easier, she could deal with last area solo before the final boss, killing the stuff kinda of fast.

The days of runing solo are kind over, now theres that option, its like having a boss with you, if she was more support/tanky is one thing, but that is complety different.

Medea Fleecestealer:
Um, might pick her up if I'm playing a petmancer, but not sure otherwise.  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version