Titan Quest - Anniversary Edition > New Projects

Hamunaptra Mod - Development

(1/39) > >>

Prosoro:

Teaser Trailer:

Hey, so thought it's time to get going with a development thread for the mod  :)

Overview

Hamunaptra is a new mod being made for Titan Quest:AE, though I did start making it way back before AE was a thing so it may work fine in IT (will test at some point) but of course there would be various features missing.. more on that later haha.
The mod introduces players to a new world (map) set in ancient Egypt along with a campaign to play through.  Characters start from level one and are thrown into an adventure that is considerably more challenging than the base game, requiring a survivalist approach to stay alive.  Exploration and careful attention to the environment is key here; things like blood stains or footprints in the sand can lead to much needed potions and gear from other, unfortunate adventurer's  ...or on the other hand you might be led into the midst of a Cultic gathering.  In any case, while loot is plentiful, potions are all the more precious.  The world itself is designed to be more open with minimal markers for things like dungeon/tomb entrances, further encouraging you to search out the map and discover stuff! That said, the way forward is always clear enough and areas aren't excessively large so that you end up traversing some vast, boring desert.

Aside from the world itself, other core features are secret areas, again paying attention to the environments/walls etc is a good idea  ;), new items and sets to collect, huge cities that are both hub areas and places to explore and delve into themselves, many new types of hero monsters to encounter, memorable Npc characters and a unique storyline.

> For more information, screenshots and other details check out the website. <
Background

The idea for this project was in part from wanting to re-create The City of the Dead from The Mummy film in Titan Quest and have fun exploring more dangerous tombs/areas than in the base game.  Things escalated and the project grew as I gained more experience with the modding tools.  This is where tq.net was so helpful, but you can only read so much and I had to learn a lot from just trying out things, failing, then re-trying.  This of course = modding though right  ::)  The other part of what drove this project into existence was that I had played and farmed Titan Quest, particularly act 2 which is my favourite act, way too many times and wanted to have a go at creating a new world to, well, farm and loot stuff in.  I guess the third reason for working on Hamunaptra is that there are so many Mastery mods out there for TQ and very few new world/map mods. Hopefully if all goes well though, I can add another map to your guys' Custom Maps list in the game menu  ;D

Current Development: (updated as the project progresses)

-Overworld and underworld areas complete (98%- some to be polished)
-Npc's added (need to link with quests)
-World is populated (70%)
-New Hero Enemies added (30%)
-New Items created and in-game (45%)
-Lore features (25%)

Major Features Still To Do:

-Quests and Music

Other Features/Ideas:

-Factions
-Easter Eggs ^^
-Dread "challenge" Dungeons
-Moar art

Regarding time-frame, I'm working as much and as hard as I can on it and at this stage am aiming to have the first build ready for testing sometime early this year.  So full release of the first chapter will likely be not long after that ...buuut it all takes time.  At the end of the day I want to give you guys something that's complete and, most importantly - fun to play!   

CrocMagnum:
Nice going, Prosoro! The Mod seems promising. O0

Sincere good luck on your future endeavours.

Malgardian:
Nice! Cool idea to give an overview about your progress so far, good luck and much success!

Typhon:
Factions? Now I'm really interested!

Prosoro:

Thanks guys! Appreciate the support  8)

Onto the first dev update, had one of those elusive but immensely satisfying modding victories last night; finally managed to get containers (ie: Sarcophagi and Chests) to summon monsters! New traps yes! Very happy and the possibilities haha this is gonna be fun making all kinds of surprises for you guys to raise your shield at  ;D

I know this has been done before in Legion of Champions, but I figured it out and think Bumbleguppy would be proud heha.

See below for results! "...the occupants of the campsite wondered with alarm why a random sarcophagus just appeared out of thin air! So they opened it of course"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version