Author Topic: "New " Tower of Judgment  (Read 5316 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
"New " Tower of Judgment
« on: 21 January 2018, 18:07:29 »
With Ragnarök expansion, the Devs changed Tower of Judgment map size, reducing the number of floors , 5 floors into normal 3 floors. Making the dungeon bit smaller and more faster to complete.

What you think ? You like the change ?

In my opinion, i liked way more the old version, it was big indeed, but it had more stuff to kill, more exp, farming and so on, maybe it just me :S!

They could improved the tower by making some fixed heroes here and there, more content, instead of delete half of the size.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
  • Sometimes you just gotta march on Mount Olympus.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
Re: "New " Tower of Judgment
« Reply #1 on: 21 January 2018, 18:16:48 »
I haven't made it that far in AE so I'll have to wait to tell you :D
Your inventory is full *Plays intense game of tetris*
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #2 on: 21 January 2018, 18:25:34 »
I think it's best if they reduce the overall size of the game, which is far too big (original TQ was quite big then they added act 4, and now act 5).
It takes a very long time to level up a char with Ragnarok, except if you go for accomplished hero.
Maybe they should have left the same overall size for ToJ, but letting the player take a shorter route instead of having to go though all 5 domains. This way you can choose between rushing and exploring the whole dungeon.
I think the game needs to be wider, not longer ; like giving you options when you advance to explore one way or another, without feeling compelled to clear the entire map. It would increase replayability.
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Malgardian

• Spectre
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 21 January 2018, 19:10:49 »
Maybe they should have left the same overall size for ToJ, but letting the player take a shorter route instead of having to go though all 5 domains. This way you can choose between rushing and exploring the whole dungeon.

My exact thoughts as well. Not too bad a change, though

Creator of the Patchfix for Fanpatch 1.17

~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~
Going Postal - Terry Pratchett

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 21 January 2018, 19:14:31 »
I haven't made it that far in AE so I'll have to wait to tell you :D

Me too.  :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cleglaw

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 22 January 2018, 01:06:05 »
I like the change. Like others have said -- the game is long.
The last dying words of Dominique Bouhours, French grammarian
"I am about to — or I am going to — die: either expression is correct."

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cygi

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 22 January 2018, 08:07:02 »
I disagree.

H'n'S game should be long, so this map cutting is a change in a wrong direction.

And if you want short game, you can always play linear shooter which lasts for 5-7 hours. ;)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 22 January 2018, 20:17:35 »
I disagree.

H'n'S game should be long, so this map cutting is a change in a wrong direction.

And if you want short game, you can always play linear shooter which lasts for 5-7 hours. ;)
It's already long (still very long after this little cut), but in a wrong way because it's linear and can be repetitive (due to the fact that there is no randomness and maps are narrow). If any content is added, it should be endgame maps, like elite zones in legendary only, or things that can help vary the playthrough (make some areas wider with differents paths...). I'm saying that without being for short games.
With Ragnarok, it's like they realized that adding more acts makes completing a class a lot longer (plus they added classes with the expansion). So it becomes very hard to try out every class.
Hopefully the accomplished hero function balances things : you need to complete 11 acts (act 5 being the longest) ; you had 12 in TQIT.
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Pazuzu

• The Omnipotent
  • Forum Moderator
  • Keel
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 23 January 2018, 01:37:46 »
I always prefer larger dungeons with as many opponents and heroes as possible. I havent reached act 4 yet since i bought AE, but i ll take a look once i get there.
Corsair Carbide Air 540 - Asus Maximus VI Hero - Pentium G3258 5Ghz - Thermalright TS 140 Power - Samsung EVO 850 250GB - Corsair Dual Airflow Fan - Corsair Vengeance 8gb - Nvidia GTX 750Ti.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal