Author Topic: Multi-Mastery ideas in order to build a realistic warrior  (Read 5154 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Multi-Mastery ideas in order to build a realistic warrior
« on: 22 January 2018, 01:14:46 »
I have a Warden at the beginning of epic and I want him to be a true warrior who is not only expert at just one weapon type.. What I'm trying to say is, I want him to be both efficient at spears and swords equally, charging into fights with spear and changing to his sword depending on the situation.. You know, something like hero warriors do in movies.

I'm planning to multi-master by using tqdefiler.. it works on chars who don't touch act V and I just skipped it at the end of normal difficulty by using defiler for this reason.. to be able to pick Hunter + Defense + Warfare..

Now I'm gonna go ahead and remove Hunting but keep its suitable skills, then choose Warfare and become a slaying conqueror warden, or in other words, a true warrior.

Would this ruin my game? How can I make it work, make the necessary adjustments so he won't be an abomination? I'd like to hear your ideas on this..

Adrenaline... Battle Rage.. Battle Awareness plus Art of the Hunt.. it feels like one or maybe two of them has to go away..or should rally be one of them which will bite the dust? Herbal Remedy feels cheesy too for a real warrior.. Man I'm so clueless... ???
« Last Edit: 22 January 2018, 01:36:44 by Hector »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Multi-Mastery ideas in order to build a realistic warrior
« Reply #1 on: 22 January 2018, 07:45:03 »
Main problem I see is that you simply won't have enough skill points to do everything you want.  Here's a Conqueror using what I think you'd probably want minimum.

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titancalc-anniversary-edition/TitanCalc738c738c738c.html?mastery=Conquerer&master1=5&master2=3&sa=21&m1=32-0-1-0-6-12-0-0-6-6-6-12-0-0-6-8-6-6-0-0-6-0&m2=32-6-1-8-0-8-6-0-0-0-0-0-0-6-0-0-0-0-0-6-0

That takes you up to level 56 with the various skill points bonuses added.  Now when I play (no farming, just straight playthrough) I usually finish around level 60-61 so there's not many points left over for Hunting.

This is what I'd take from Hunting

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titancalc-anniversary-edition/TitanCalc0d1e0d1e0d1e.html?mastery=Hunter&master1=7&master2=0&sa=21&m1=32-0-0-6-0-12-6-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-8-0-1-0-0-0-6-0&m2=0

which takes you up to L17.  That's an L78 build which you simply wouldn't reach on a straight playthrough or even by farming like forever.  The base game cap was L75 and it was rare for anyone to bother playing/farming long enough to get that high.  Even if you did the expansion on all 3 difficulties you'd still struggle to reach that level.

And I've left out skills like Battle Standard and Colossus Form which would be useful and possibly Call of the Hunt and Study Prey.  So what are you going to drop?  Because several things will probably have to go.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 22 January 2018, 10:58:07 »
I have a Warden at the beginning of epic and I want him to be a true warrior who is not only expert at just one weapon type..

(...)

I'm planning to multi-master by using tqdefiler.. it works on chars who don't touch act V and I just skipped it at the end of normal difficulty by using defiler for this reason.. to be able to pick Hunter + Defense + Warfare..

You're making this harder than it has to be.

If you want a character that is not bound to one type of weapon, just pick a none-weapon specific class. I'm playing a melee Diviner, getting Psionic Touch as my LMB attack. I can use any melee weapon I'd like, and even bows. There're other classes like a Guardian that can pull it off too, but any melee character with Dream or Rune mastery and an int. based secondary is the easiest, since Dream and Rune both have a LMB melee skill that doesn't favour a particular weapon type.

Warden is by far the worst you could start out with  :-\

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 22 January 2018, 17:21:30 »
And I've left out skills like Battle Standard and Colossus Form which would be useful and possibly Call of the Hunt and Study Prey.  So what are you going to drop?  Because several things will probably have to go.

Thank you for your suggestions, I'll look into them.. And yeah I actually thought about dropping the ones you mentioned as well.. maybe only keep Study Prey cause it feels like any good tactical fighter would probably observe his opponent before striking..

One little issue though...I think I couldn't explain it well before.. once you remove a mastery in defiler, those 32 points is added to your total spendable skill point pool and all those attribute points come with the mastery are taken back from you.. So there is no loss/advantage here.. I'll have enough skill points and just add them to fill up Warfare and I'll also keep the maxed Hunting skills with me.. Actually this is totally fair cause I won't have an extra 32 points for the third time so no unjust benefits in regards with attribute points..

You're making this harder than it has to be.

If you want a character that is not bound to one type of weapon, just pick a none-weapon specific class. I'm playing a melee Diviner, getting Psionic Touch as my LMB attack. I can use any melee weapon I'd like, and even bows. There're other classes like a Guardian that can pull it off too, but any melee character with Dream or Rune mastery and an int. based secondary is the easiest, since Dream and Rune both have a LMB melee skill that doesn't favour a particular weapon type.

Warden is by far the worst you could start out with  :-\

Sir, your claims are totally right..Warden is one of the worst ones if you want an all around good melee fighter..but the main focus is not supposed to be the mechanics of the game here.. it sounds illogical I know that, but I don't want any fantastic enchantments on his offense.. the only acceptable damage type besides physical and piercing is bleeding.. and even they were acceptable, how could a tiny amount of electrical burn or some ADCTH would help him, especially against undeads or constructs? Yes, if he was a Diviner, definitely.. but he is not..

Actually this topic was asked by someone else in the old forum and there were a lot of ideas in it.. sadly I don't remember the contents of that discussion and there is no way to read it again so here we are..

Which skills should stay, which ones should go? I'm not a good decision maker and I'm definitely sure I'll make stupid mistakes in the end.. okay let's add equipment choices into the question too..should +skill equipment always be the priority or resistance gear could be more crucial (especially once I reach Act III in epic).. maybe wear a suitable set gear through twinking and let its harmony cover all the aspects for me?

Edit: You know what? Unreasonable amounts of health regeneration can also be considered as a part of overly fantastic enhancement anyway.. I'm so lost.. this topic was a bad idea I guess  :(
« Last Edit: 22 January 2018, 17:48:03 by Hector »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 22 January 2018, 17:41:44 »
Sir, your claims are totally right..Warden is one of the worst ones if you want an all around good melee fighter..but the main focus is not supposed to be the mechanics of the game here.. it sounds illogical I know that, but I don't want any fantastic enchantments on his offense.. the only acceptable damage type besides physical and piercing is bleeding.. and even they were acceptable, how could a tiny amount of electrical burn or some ADCTH would help him, especially against undeads or constructs? Yeah if he was a Diviner, sure but he is not..

Actually this topic was asked by someone else in the old forum and there were a lot of ideas in it.. sadly I don't remember the contents of that discussion and there is no way to read it again so here we are..

Which skills should stay, which ones should go? I'm not a good decision maker and I'm definitely sure I'll make stupid mistakes in the end.. okay let's add equipment choices into the question too..should +skill equipment be always the priority or resistance gear could be more crucial (especially once I reach Act III in epic)..

Hmmm,.. makes sense, but in that case i would start with Rogue, coupled with Defense or perhaps Nature.

A recent patch changed Blade Honing to work with axes too, so Rogue is moving away from the 'spears only' doctrine. Rogue's poison and trapping capabilities might actually be considered an acceptable damage type for a warrior type character, as it is non magical and a lot of historic cultures used these mechanics  :P

Finally, Rogue might be a good mastery to go for piercing damage on swords, though that's something surprisingly uncommon. I've tried to set up a thread before, but got no replies:

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=165.0

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 22 January 2018, 17:52:09 »
Ahahahaha historical cultures eh? No denying, you got me there.. and that was a good laugh thanks ;D ;D

Gonna check your thread now..

Edit: Medea,

Would Onslaught make me overpowered since I'll have both Art of the Hunt and Shield procs with it? Would War Wind be a better choice compared to shield charge? How can I sustain dealing optimal amounts of bleeding damage throughout the game?

I guess these were my final questions.. If you say these things would make me overpowered, then I'm gonna abandon this idea once and for all.. 
« Last Edit: 22 January 2018, 18:48:13 by Hector »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal