Author Topic: Things that you want to see on this forum in 2018  (Read 35909 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Things that you want to see on this forum in 2018
« Reply #45 on: 21 January 2018, 10:12:56 »
I'm also for putting the AE section above the IT section.
Another thing that I don't get is why there are so many subsections... Most of them are empty, I feel it's cluttering the forum. Would it be possible to have like :
- one section for each mod that already has a thread
- one "Other mods" section for all else, and only if threads about a certain mod begin to multiply, create its own section ?
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: 21 January 2018, 13:10:45 »
Gameplay wise IT, AE and probably Ragnarok should be merged. Having three separate "General" sections plits up the community too much, and it's not necessary: AE basically is IT, and builds that work in AE also work in Ragnarok.

What I don't want: separate build section per mastery as on the old TitanQuest.net. That never made sense to me, as you never know under which of the two masteries to post.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Malgardian

• Spectre
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: 21 January 2018, 13:32:40 »
Generally, I think the whole "Anniversary Edition - Mastery Mods" and "Immortal Throne - Mastery Mods" sections can be put into small subforums of both AE and IT and their respective modding subsections instead of taking up a huge amount of front page space for no actual content.

AE/Ragnarök should really be up there below the "General" section as it's the most recent.

Creator of the Patchfix for Fanpatch 1.17

~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~
Going Postal - Terry Pratchett

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #48 on: 21 January 2018, 13:37:49 »
*serious mode

i agree with everything soa and Laionidas said.. also the separate build section mastery, before i also classify a mastery if it's support or main.. after trying out more builds, all masteries, and all skills, i no longer think it's right to classify whether a mastery is support or main.. a mastery is both a support and main.. besides, isn't TQ all about finding synergies between the 2 masteries? that is what separates TQ from other aRPGs

the gameplay section too.. it's easy to classify if it's for TQ, IT, or AE/R.. if a new player don't know, he/she can easily ask in the comments

also for the other mods section, if one mod pops up, then it will be time to create it's own section.. as it is now, we don't even know if there will be a UL or SV release for AE/R.. there may never be one

edit: Malgardian's post appeared while i was writing.. i also agree AE/R should be up there
« Last Edit: 21 January 2018, 13:44:14 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: 21 January 2018, 14:04:27 »
Alright, moved General discussion AE/RAG up there.

Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: 21 January 2018, 14:12:11 »
I understand the main point of masterys mods, i really do, most will be forever empty, but who knows, tomorrow can appear some1 asking for it.

Give bit of time to think for a better solution to fix the issue, but for now one of main points is done, moving the AE section.

I will see what i can do.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: 21 January 2018, 14:20:11 »
That thing with Mastery lists is done on purpose, and there won't be a point to change it. It required at least 4 hours of work to be done for both IT and AE.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: 21 January 2018, 14:23:36 »
Give bit of time to think for a better solution to fix the issue, but for now one of main points is done, moving the AE section.

I will see what i can do.
of course.. it's always best to think things through.. that coming from me? lol.. but one can simply post in the general discussions section
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: 21 January 2018, 15:09:27 »
*serious mode

i agree with everything soa and Laionidas said.. also the separate build section mastery, before i also classify a mastery if it's support or main.. after trying out more builds, all masteries, and all skills, i no longer think it's right to classify whether a mastery is support or main.. a mastery is both a support and main.. besides, isn't TQ all about finding synergies between the 2 masteries? that is what separates TQ from other aRPGs

the gameplay section too.. it's easy to classify if it's for TQ, IT, or AE/R.. if a new player don't know, he/she can easily ask in the comments

also for the other mods section, if one mod pops up, then it will be time to create it's own section.. as it is now, we don't even know if there will be a UL or SV release for AE/R.. there may never be one

edit: Malgardian's post appeared while i was writing.. i also agree AE/R should be up there

The problems I see in changing are: if we make them classes instead of masteries you're looking at a total for all 3 of 59 classes.  And people don't classify builds very often - which is why splitting them made sense in the first place.  Plus we want to rebuild the TQ/IT knowledge that was on TQ.net so old guides will be posted.  Yes, we know that some are TQ, others IT and others for AE/R and can label accordingly, but that doesn't mean everyone is going to mark their builds up properly. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: 21 January 2018, 15:41:15 »
didn't i say all in one page?

That never made sense to me, as you never know under which of the two masteries to post.
« Last Edit: 21 January 2018, 16:09:17 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: 04 February 2018, 23:04:46 »
alright I'm putting this here.. I'm not letting this get away.

an option to delete comments

I've seen 2 comments get deleted just recently.. you should give us the option too.. even if it's just a comment and not the original post.. pretty please?   ;)
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: 04 February 2018, 23:21:46 »
alright I'm putting this here.. I'm not letting this get away.

an option to delete comments

I've seen 2 comments get deleted just recently.. you should give us the option too.. even if it's just a comment and not the original post.. pretty please?   ;)
But you have ability to edit your posts, why would you delete your posts?
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: 04 February 2018, 23:45:23 »
i once tried to delete a comment.. it looked like this:

deleted comment

that looked ugly.. and my name shows on it.. if i see that on other people, i would think "what has this guy done this time?"

plus sometimes we post a comment that's not appropriate for the topic.. and then after posting, we suddenly realize that.. it's not a problem for you but what about us? we have to keep bugging admins just for a simple task :)

it wouldn't hurt if it's just the comment.. like nothing happens if i delete this comment right? so that's all I'm asking.. just the comment and not the original post

i also feel irked that i have to be careful here.. in other forums, i feel safe to post knowing that i can delete it afterwards.. like one time someone asked for my email.. i posted it and deleted it like 2 minutes after.. that's because i want only him to see my email.. i get that we can PM here but i think you get my point.. if my post is bugging you, you can delete it but please consider  :)
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: 05 February 2018, 00:45:20 »
The main purpose of moderators is to support members and to control members when its necessary. On many forums even editing posts is not available for users, here you can edit posts. Giving that ability will only cause problems for us, members will mock moderators and admins all the time. With delete button member can delete post or topic, in discussions he could remove his posts and leave following posts without purpose, answer on something which doesn't exist. Also what if member wants to delete all of his posts? We will have to restore all which require a lot of time to work on it.
i posted it and deleted it like 2 minutes after.. that's because i want only him to see my email
You have to be careful with what you are posting on the internet (forums, facebook, ...) because you think you deleted something, but that is not deleted. Here if you post some sensitive information it will remain in recycle bin, which means its available for administrators to see it, so what do you think, is that the same everywhere else? Obviously yes, your information may remain available forever for administrators of that place and maybe for everyone who is in site staff.
I can guarantee that you are safer here than on the most of places that you were visiting. Using private messages is the best method to share something with someone, but again message may remain in your or in inbox of person who sent/or received pm.
Keep on mind that you can use as well "Report to Moderator" button which is located at bottom-right in each post, and with this button you can report not only problematic members, but your problems as well, or to ask for deletion of something.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: 05 February 2018, 07:43:21 »
botebote77, that's what PMs and e-mails are for.  Never post your contact details on a public forum for however brief a period.  There are archive sites out there that grab info on a regular basis and even though you delete it, it may still be floating around on the net somewhere. 

As efko says you have the ability to delete your posts, but it will show on the forum as you said.  Sorry, but that's the way it works here and on other forums. 

I deleted two of your posts because you asked me to, even though the reasons for doing so weren't really good enough to warrant doing it.  I also said it was the last time and to be more careful in what you posted.  Because posting something and then deciding it wasn't worth posting isn't a good enough reason for mods/admin to delete things.  If you want to do it you have the ability, but the deletion will be seen. 

I haven't tried it on this forum, but on another one I belong to you can also give a reason for the deletion of your post so you can say "I didn't really mean that" or "incorrect info", etc, etc.   As will the mods/admin if a post is inflammatory, racist, abusive, etc. They will state the reason for a deletion of that nature.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal