Author Topic: Items Not Working Properly  (Read 4378 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Thanatos

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Items Not Working Properly
« on: 15 December 2017, 12:27:48 »
This is a possible bug topic, sorry if it goes elsewhere, not sure where to post bug questions...

Anyway, I noticed that my Illusionist toon was getting 0 health regeneration even though I had a shield that has 25% health regen on it. I simply am not getting the HR benefit from the item. Also noticed that I'm using that Venom Heart amulet that gives +2 to Stinging Nettle, but when I invest a point into that skill I don't get the +2 to Stinging Nettle either.

Is this type of problem common? I sure hope my toon isn't broken.  :o Any suggestions?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Items Not Working Properly
« Reply #1 on: 15 December 2017, 12:40:22 »
I doubt it's the toon, more likely a problem within the game itself.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Thanatos

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 15 December 2017, 12:42:18 »
Ok. I reported it in the Steam Forum as a bug. Maybe they are unaware of this problem.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Thanatos

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 15 December 2017, 23:56:29 »
Wow. I realized the problem. Someone pointed it out to me...

I had no idea that there was - health regen on gear.  :P Now I feel silly. I was wearing a chest piece that had - 2.0 health generation. I completely overlooked it. Didn't even see it! Well..now I know.

As for the Venom Heart not working...that still remains a mystery.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 16 December 2017, 14:02:31 »
Oh yeah, plenty of HR on gear and weapons.  I was actually running 3 HR toons for comparison over on the old forum.  A Diviner using green Exalted and "of Regeneration" gear, Harrowing staves, etc, an Haruspex using a mix of green and uniques with HR and an Harbinger using uniques only to see who could get the highest HR.  Iirc the Diviner and Haruspex have 700+HR while the Harbinger has 900+HR.

And yes you need to watch out for some gear/weapons that have minus HR.  Desecrated gear and Reckless weapons both have that as part of their stats. Sacrificial necklaces are another - while it's useful to keep one handy so you can swop it out when reporting for quest rewards since they increase %XP earned when wearing, I wouldn't wear one all the time.  I like my HR far too much and Sacrificial can make it vanish very quickly!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Thanatos

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 16 December 2017, 16:47:51 »
You just schooled me on the fact that I really need to get used to what the affixes and suffixes mean in Titan Quest. Some of them are self evident like you mentioned: of regeneration. In Grim Dawn I have most of them memorized. Now I have to get familiar with the TQ ones.

Health Regen is a very useful stat isn't it. Looks like you've went deep and optimal with it. I'll keep my eye out for regen gear. The - health regen is an interesting feature. I still haven't even gotten a toon into Legendary yet, so I'm still amassing greens and blues. I hope there's some legendary items with health regen. I'm not that familiar with the item database yet.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 16 December 2017, 17:33:27 »
It was just a fun thing to try out.  Iirc someone was talking about health regen on another TQ.net thread and I thought it might be fun to see how far it could be pushed.  Bear in mind that these builds were looking for HR first and foremost, resistances and anything else are way secondary - and given that TQIT (and I assume AE as well) knocks your resistances down by 75% in Legendary they may very well suck.  I haven't looked at them for a while, what with GD testing, but I did put them back into the save file to try out in AE and the expansion so will get around to them some time.

I'm still the same with GD affixes and suffixes. I know some, but still have to look at others to see what they do.  As for TQ affixes Exalted is the only one and is always on a green item, suffixes are Recovery, Regeneration, Renewal, Rejuvenation and can be on both yellow and green items.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #7 on: 16 December 2017, 17:56:36 »
-80% actually in primary resistances and -100% in bleed and vit.. isn't it fun? :)
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal