Author Topic: Weapon Damage Converted to Elemental without Rune  (Read 14210 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Weapon Damage Converted to Elemental without Rune
« Reply #15 on: 06 August 2018, 09:34:03 »
my dreamkiller is now poison elemental archer.. i want to at least benefit from my dex investment (to equip bow) so i took the poison skills as well

it's still somewhere early act 4 epic (i think).. lolz haven't played in a few days.. I'm being hit again with 2 reasons i dislike from weapon users:

1) it's only as good as the weapon I'm using.. I've searched my TQvault for bramblewoods and the best i have is dire bramblewood (flat vit damage).. it'll probably have to do.. i will only use it when i get to legendary.. right now I'm just using meerkwood bow

2) i have to actually click on the target.. I'm spoiled with my casters just having to click wherever my mouse ends up in

I'm still only in epic but it feels like i still deal good damage even if i don't reduce resists.. it seems like monster types that have high resistance against one type of elemental damage are weak against another type of elemental damage.. no way of proving but i think:

1) fire elementals (fire sprites and some act 5 monsters are resistant to fire but weak against cold

2) frost elementals are resistant to cold but weak against lightning and probably fire.. sea creatures like turtles are weak against lightning

3) plants seem to have some resistance to lightning but i think they are weak against cold and fire

monster types that have good resistance against my damage seem to be beastmen.. but they are weak against dex based damage.. i have traps and poison

have 2 deaths so far both from ordinary mobs dealing poison damage because i play leroy jenkins with this char

when i get to maybe late act 3 legendary and if it's still doing good, i hope to make a character showcase thread just like @mammoth_hunter

it plays just like a brigand but with distort reality
« Last Edit: 06 August 2018, 09:43:51 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: 11 August 2018, 12:42:00 »
i found 3 falcon cape already with this same character, the last 2 were in the same playthrough.. wet de? and tq-db doesn't say it but it has 50% elemental conversion.. hmm seems like the game is telling me to try falcon cape.. and i just might

the items I've found so far that have elemental conversion are:

eitr charm - 20% converted to elemental
blessing of the moirae - 33%
hofud - 50%
golden agris helmet - 50%
gambanteinn - 50%
falcon cape - 50%
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #17 on: 11 August 2018, 16:57:20 »
Blessing of the Moirae is one item that makes things easy. For me its also one item I have tried not too long ago so I will likely pass on it for now. People here praise Chakrum of the Sun and this one is similar, you get some of the most useful stats this game has on just one item. Call it OP but if you take it you won't fail.

But if you wanted a 2H bow things are more complicated. I think TQ has too few slots for items. Thats an impression after spending lots of time in more modern competitors. If you just put eitr on two rings that leaves out demon's blood or legendaries and is a very drastic impact overall. You can't just give players eitr and call problem solved.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: 11 August 2018, 20:26:17 »
can't use blessing of the moirae because i have no str to equip shield.. and i really don't like the short range.. it's fine for now but it's still in epic act 5.. actually, I'm considering equipping 2 eitrs + gambanteinn (90% conversion).. and equipping tunic of the magi + crest of hypnos.. those 2 items should take care of all resists even in legendary.. but i think that would be like last resort.. for now I'm thinking equipping lots of total damage then just enough resists to make it low positives or zero on legendary.. then just change items like getting more vit when I'm against Hades

edit: tunic of the magi + crest of hypnos + torc of the ancestors
« Last Edit: 11 August 2018, 20:33:51 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: 11 August 2018, 21:05:38 »
Sounds like using three blessings at once. I don't mean any offense, just sarcasm.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: 11 August 2018, 21:23:25 »
Sounds like using three blessings at once. I don't mean any offense, just sarcasm.
;D

I'm also looking at:

golden agris
gambanteinn
SBC cuffs with primal magma (attack speed) this one has poison res
tunic of the magi (10% total damage)
torc of the ancestors (30%)
leggings of the defiled (10%)
green bow tyrant's of speed (30%) found this with my thunderer

the 2 rings I'm not sure yet but one is likely occult of immortality with demon's blood

total damage boosts my envenom weapon and elem damages, as well as PGB and distort reality.. I'm likely keeping PGB because it's fun and i have too many projectiles already so i chose it over throwing knife

what do you think?

i looked at your elemental sage and oh wow your DPS is 7k.. i can't go anywhere close to that.. i have traps though and hopefully my damage will be fine late game
« Last Edit: 11 August 2018, 21:34:56 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: 17 August 2018, 06:58:23 »
when looking at these 2 weapons, it seems like tyrant's of speed should be better.. but in-game, it feels like they're just on par because of the damage spikes when reduced resist triggers

Spoiler for Hiden:

and since bramblewood requires 20 less dex, i think i'll go with it

also, a mere flat 55 vit damage means 500 DPS difference?

Spoiler for Hiden:

i'll go with the last pic as my setup.. tunic of the magi is purifying of the impetus (poison and slow res).. that was epic craftsmanship reward.. the normal craftsmanship reward was scholar's golden agris of reasoning.. i can't wear it because my resists get burned

i've written too many on this thread already, i don't feel like making a showcase thread anymore  :-\
but i can say it works, it's just so F***ING DIFFICULT TO GEAR  ;D
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: 17 August 2018, 20:07:19 »
What I said - there aren't many gear slots in TQ. Conversion takes quite a few. Then you need to get damage for it somewhere too, you can't just rely on nonexistant intelligence. Its better with a shield because one more slot. But with a bow you end up sacrificing defenses or using multi resist gimmicks, or both.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: 17 August 2018, 21:13:08 »
i know that too that's why i dislike using a staff even though i play casters.. but Sommelier was born to be an archer so an archer he stays

and i got lucky with quest branch offering something.. the permanent resist reward was +5 to elemental.. so my resists now are 35 elem, 46 pierce, 80 vit, poison, bleed, 10 physical.. my DA is 970 which i can get to 1k when i max premonition

and i play x3 and in heavy mobs, most oftentimes than not, range is better than resist.. that also applies to 3 bosses.. plus, there is always scroll of elemental shielding

my other dreamkiller, str + int caster, is using a shield but meh don't know if i will continue playing it.. but maybe sometime in the future

edit: it's easy to play.. very difficult to gear but easy to play.. i drink mana sometimes but I'm used to that.. it's nothing compared to my casters where i carry 50 energy pots with me all the time
« Last Edit: 17 August 2018, 21:28:32 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal