Author Topic: Pantheon Mod - Development  (Read 269083 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Deities Mod - Development Thread
« Reply #300 on: 28 July 2018, 15:05:14 »
Hmm, I have this idea and I need your oppinion.
Working on Hermes right now, and he has dual wield, so... I was thinking to move Dual Wield tree from Ares to Hermes. My reasoning: I've never seen a Hoplite depicted to dual wield weapons, and Ares is the idealization of a Spartan hoplite. He needs his spear and shield... Hermes, on the other hand is a rogue - they often use offhand weapons to block, more a fencer type.
If I do it this way, I can include some unused spear animations in the records for Ares - there is a spear triple hit, 360 degree hit, (like in Underlord), I can make them work with sword/axe too. Also the Batter skill can be put in Ares, he always wear a shield in pictures and can have some small use of shields.
What do you think of this idea?

Edit: I settled up with the above idea. The more I think about it, the more I like it. Finally there will be a decent passive spear tree :) Tough luck if you prefer vanilla.

« Last Edit: 28 July 2018, 16:23:33 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #301 on: 28 July 2018, 16:24:56 »
Man! That's a tough one. The Dual Wield tree in Ares Mastery was worth 4 Skills. So if you remove the whole tree, you'll need to compensate with 4 new skills, right? My thoughts:

- just one shield skill (Batter?) seems pretty underwhelming to me, and since Hoplites were -historically- all about Lances and Shields, you shouldn't be shy to add more shield skills. But the Athena Mastery too is all about shields. Like I said that's a tough one ^^,

- as much as would love to dual wield spears this is still a no-no. Mainly because this is historically inaccurate,

- the Hoplite Shield weighted around 13 pounds (6 kilos!) so having a skill reducing Strength Requirements for Shields makes senses. So a Skill like "Runeword: Feather" (reducing Strength Requirements for Weapons and Shields) is a possibility,

Edit: I see your version of "Weapon Training" in Ares Mastery includes a new feature: reduced Requirements for Melee Weapons. Could you make it work for Shields too?

- maybe some people will hate this part but here's the idea: the Shield and Spear were the Hoplite's equipment par excellence, so for a Hoplite the loss of his shield was almost considered a crime in Greek cities. So what about giving double bonus (or wathever bonus^^) for holding both a Lance and Shield in your two weapon slots? That would be an incentive (or not),

- when you say "Hermes, on the other hand is a rogue - they often use offhand weapons to block" does that mean you found a way to make this character block with a weapon?  :o

« Last Edit: 28 July 2018, 16:44:36 by CrocMagnum »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #302 on: 28 July 2018, 17:56:17 »
On your points:

The Dual Wield tree in Ares Mastery was worth 4 Skills. So if you remove the whole tree, you'll need to compensate with 4 new skills, right?
- as much as would love to dual wield spears this is still a no-no. Mainly because this is historically inaccurate
It is quite possible to make 4 spear passive skills, replacing the dual wield tree... there are enough animations in the main game, only need to make them do different things. Brainstorming:
- 1 passive spear skill, adding flat pierce dmg and %pierce ratio
- 1 passive, hitting 2 targets and bleeds (the menad "spear whirl" animation, used by the player in AE was designed for double hit)
- 1 passive hitting 3 Targets, no other effect (there is also such animation, unused atm)
- 1 ultimate passive, 360 arc, +%Phys dmg, hits up to 6 targets and reduces flat OA or Fumbles for a duration. If you played Soulvizier/Underlord, there is a Tempest skill that use cool "roundhouse kick" with spears :)
So Ares will still have AoE. It will activate less often because of the lower speed, the damage however will be tremendous.
On dual wielding spears, I dont plan to ever do it.

- just one shield skill (Batter?) seems pretty underwhelming to me, and since Hoplites were -historically- all about Lances and Shields, you shouldn't be shy to add more shield skills. But the Athena Mastery too is all about shields. Like I said that's a tough one ^^,

- the Hoplite Shield weighted around 13 pounds (6 kilos!) so having a skill reducing Strength Requirements for Shields makes senses. So a Skill like "Runeword: Feather" (reducing Strength Requirements for Weapons and Shields) is a possibility,

Edit: I see your version of "Weapon Training" in Ares Mastery includes a new feature: reduced Requirements for Melee Weapons. Could you make it work for Shields too?

- maybe some people will hate this part but here's the idea: the Shield and Spear were the Hoplite's equipment par excellence, so for a Hoplite the loss of his shield was almost considered a crime in Greek cities. So what about giving double bonus (or wathever bonus^^) for holding both a Lance and Shield in your two weapon slots? That would be an incentive (or not),

Yeah, shields are tricky. If i add too many shield skills to Ares, it will become close to Athena... I think ima move Shield Charge to Ares, replacing War Wind, and reaname it to Shield Ram. The way i imagine it, Athena is the calm strategist, and Ares is the rushing type...
Btw, when I said Ares is embodiment of the true Hoplite, i forgot about Athena, she is one too. So Ares + Athena would make the perfect Hoplite. I think to change the class name from Conqueror. Or name it just Warlord, it sounds cool.

- when you say "Hermes, on the other hand is a rogue - they often use offhand weapons to block" does that mean you found a way to make this character block with a weapon?  :o
I meant most dual wielders use offhand both to parry and attack. But you just gave me an idea, it can be made indirectly: Parry - a dual wield passive that gives a chance of % Physical resistance or Dodge, or a chance of +X Armor if possible.

Thanks for the response Croc, i'll think more on your suggestions.

Edit: Thinking more of that parry thing... I got another idea, to make a shield that is using a sword mesh and require both less Str and more Dex to equip. Maybe a Rogue related unique item. Idk if there is any point tho...

« Last Edit: 29 July 2018, 16:05:24 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #303 on: 29 July 2018, 15:30:10 »
Early Hermes Draft:

Some of the skills are not ready yet. If you have an idea for the missing skills, I'm open for suggestions.
I moved bolt traps back to Hermes from Hephaistos. Hermes can invent devices too, so they fit him.
The fire traps in Hephaistos will be removed and replaced with 2 ranged mini siege striders, that will be permanent pets as the Automaton.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Flix

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #304 on: 29 July 2018, 21:46:00 »
Just wanted to stop by and say this looks really cool.  I really miss having a ton of mastery mods to choose from in AE.  I have the vaguest recollections of someone planning something similar for TQIT on the old forums.  Who knows, maybe it was you?   ^-^

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #305 on: 29 July 2018, 22:51:36 »
Thievery looks very clever!  :o

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #306 on: 30 July 2018, 03:07:48 »
Just throwing this out there man but for Hecate's mastery could we have some kind of spirit version of ice shard, maybe using the projectile that the bone scourge quest boss uses? ^^,

This would be so kool for necro themed builds (am playing one atm in AE as a Diviner)
Also just assuming Hecate would be the most appropriate for such a skill.
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #307 on: 30 July 2018, 03:19:19 »
Just throwing this out there man but for Hecate's mastery could we have some kind of spirit version of ice shard, maybe using the projectile that the bone scourge quest boss uses? ^^,

This would be so kool for necro themed builds (am playing one atm in AE as a Diviner)
Also just assuming Hecate would be the most appropriate for such a skill.
Bone scourge is in Hades, right?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #308 on: 30 July 2018, 05:42:29 »
Yeah, the one in the Necromanteion. Iirc it shoots a spirit bolt that looks super ghostly ;)
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #309 on: 31 July 2018, 18:15:14 »
There is a chance I can get my comp back (fixed) tomorrow. I hope everything goes well.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #310 on: 01 August 2018, 21:13:15 »
Nope, it's not fixed, but they game me the harddisk. Finally I can recover my data!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #311 on: 01 August 2018, 23:51:31 »
That's a small victory at least ^^

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Hector

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #312 on: 02 August 2018, 21:22:02 »
"Ares and Athena were never seen eye-to-eye with each other."

- Rise of the Argonauts (2008)

Hi, nargil.. although I never got to write this down; I've been following your mod for quite a while.. your ideas, visualization, everything about this project looks totally awesome and I appreciate your efforts for this..

BTW, did you play this game by any chance? Its about the adventure of Jason and his Argonauts (Hercules, Atalanta, Achilles and Pan) trying to acquire the legendary Golden Fleece in order to resurrect his dead wife.. its an astonishing story with god-related dialogue choices, moral decisions and beautiful side quests accompanied with a solid fighting system..

The skill system in this game actually reflects some of your ideas and are very similar.. Dedicating the player's deeds to 4 patron gods.. serious attention to different kinds of weapons and how each of them are related to their own gods.. Ares with mace skills, Athena with spears, Apollo with shields and Hermes with swords.. there are both active and passive skills just like in TQ with weapon procs, activation after being hit, on low health any many other things..

If you didn't play it, I'd definitely suggest it.. It could give you some nice ideas for you to use them in your own mod just by looking its skill trees..
Some of its voice actors also worked on TQ and its a nice touch to hear them as well.. 
« Last Edit: 02 August 2018, 22:09:40 by Hector »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #313 on: 02 August 2018, 21:57:21 »
No, I havent played it, is it for PC or consoles? I only watched some videos and listened to the soundtrack. Looks like a neat game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #314 on: 02 August 2018, 22:01:14 »
Btw, last night I uploaded like 80% of the important files from the hard disk to Mega. I can breathe more freely now...

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal