Author Topic: TQAE BUG: Questlog carried from normal to epic difficulty entirely | Help needed  (Read 3294 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Azuralian

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Dear TQ Fans,

As above, I am facing a huge gameplay problem with my conqueror (which actually forced me to start another character - with the same thing occurring again).

After finishing Act V and killing Surtr with my 47 lvl character (I used TQ Defiler for name changes, char backups, etc.) I went through the portal to credits and decided to start Epic difficulty (as usual);
to my disdain, however, I quickly found out after seeing no mobs next to the Helos horse quest (while on 6P difficulty) that the entire questline with main and side quests from all acts has appeared exactly as I left it in Normal, but during my Epic playthrough. It is worth mentioning that no portals are activated and some of the quests seem to be displayed in the Polish language (which was the initial one before my switch to English).

I was not discouraged entirely and decided to start a new character, also a conqueror. Right now I am halfway through Egypt and decided to make a copy in Defiler with enabled epic difficulty to foresee possible disappointments and to save myself some time. Sadly, I have proven myself right because straight after I entered Epic mode on my copy I spawned next to reincarnation fountain in Helos (without entry cutscene) with exact full quest log of my first character (all main quests + the majority of sidequests done)...

I really do not know what to do - I reinstalled the game after the first occurrence of this bug and, as you can see from my post, without luck.
Do you have (hopefully) any hints how to deal with this game-breaking problem? I would be much obliged!

With best wishes,
Azuralian

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Never heard of the problem before, but might be something to do with Defiler since it isn't up to date with the AE version of the game.  Try a character without using Defiler at all and see what happens. 

If it happens again and the game is a legit copy then report it to THQNordic here

https://redmine.thqnordic.com/projects/titan-quest-atlantis-community/

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Azuralian

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Thank you for your answer @MedeaFleecestealer!

I obviously hold a legitimate copy and have been using characters without Defiler (and I do not think this is the main reason since the software should have no bearing on the quests at all).
I think your advice is my best shot - thank you very much! I will report that to THQNordic.

Best wishes,
Azu

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: TQAE BUG: Questlog carried from normal to epic difficulty entirely | Help needed
« Reply #3 on: 06 July 2019, 19:34:36 »
« Last Rated on: 06 July 2019, 19:44:32 »
but what happens if you just delete everything on the epic folder of your save char?
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Azuralian

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
but what happens if you just delete everything on the epic folder of your save char?

Modern problems require modern solutions <3
Thank you very much for your kind advice (it worked just fine)!

Best wishes,
Azu

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal