Off-Topic > Around the world

How did you choose your username?

(1/6) > >>

WNG:
Simple question, right? Maybe it's just me, but I like to know where does all those cool usernames come from.

In my case, it's just my initials. Not tough to guess ^^

What about you?

efko:
I played dota1 and about 2011 some admin on dota bot was causing me problems without special reason and I was banned for asking him why is he doing that and of course after arguing with him. So he was abusing his powers and I had to report that, and I knew 1 guy who was high server admin and used 4 letters of first part of his nick "efko" and then added 3 more letters to have similar nick so I thought that may be some kind of advantage/protection to not be completely banned, later I got used to it and I made it short like now. So for me it was some kind of symbol of power, expected to not be banned there because on some forums admins don't like to see bad words towards them. 2nd part which won't be posted here was from how I was marking dvd-s, had movies, games and music on them so some friends never returned me disks, but then I bought marker and was marking each disk with 3 letters, so no mistake.

mammoth_hunter:
I think I lost it after the second "dota" word, but maybe its better this way

I used my nickname for like 15 years in many different places, it does not have to mean anything, I think I was impressed with what is called Pleistocene park at the time. Haven't heard from them for quite some time though. I guess google should still know what it is. Its the exact case when he will be better at telling the story.

Flix:
Back in 2003 I joined my first online community, the Larian Forums, to talk about what was at that time my favorite game, Divine Divinity.  The Divinity universe has a race of imps, who tend to insert nonsensical phrases like "Flixerflax!" into their broken English.

So inspired, I signed up with Flixerflax as my name on the Divinity forums.  I've shortened it to just Flix everywhere else I've registered.

Cygi:
"Cygi" is a diminutive from my last name.

Simple. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version