Titan Quest - Anniversary Edition > Anniversary Edition - General discussion

Regen Build

(1/3) > >>

wolpak:
Has anyone really tried a dedicated regen build?  I was goofing around with blacksmith and made an almost 1000 HP/sec build which would require a ridiculous amount of farming.  But then I looked at Ankh of Isis and Viny Growth.  So, I just created a new level 40 character and threw a bunch of yellows on him.  Give him Dream and Hunting with their HP regen skills and filled him full of epic Viny Growths and Isis's.  With no items dedicated to HP regen (I had items that gave +skills which in turns boost HP regen) and putting 4 Viny Growths on my armor and 3 Isis's on my bling, I was sporting around 450 HP/sec.  I just walked around and I barely felt a thing.  Could this work with enough HP to get through spikey damage?  Would it work better with Nature with Heart of Oak +HP and Briar Ward Sanctuary for regen?

botebote77:
450 HP regen/sec sounds nice.. but you also have to make sure you don't become too squishy.. squishy characters can die in legendary in just a split second

Medea Fleecestealer:
I did try this a few years ago as I was curious how high you could push HR in the game.  I had/have 3 characters: a Diviner, an Haruspex and a Harbinger.  Iirc because I haven't played them for a while now, the Diviner was using just green items like "of the Glade" which have HR as part of their stats, the Haruspex a mix of greens and uniques and the Harbinger was uniques only.  I also had the TQDefiler mod to allow socketing of uniques.  All the characters are into Legendary though they have died along the way several times.  In TQIT it was the Harbinger with socketed uniques who came out on top with 900+ HR while the other two have 800+ each.  Again, not checked them recently in TQAE, but I think the numbers have changed and it's either the Diviner or Haruspex who now has the highest.  Of course their resistances suck pretty much since everything is socketed with either Ankh of Isis or Vinyl Growth.  I don't currently have the characters installed on my PC so can't check exact figures but I believe the highest is now just over 1,000 HR.

WNG:
With incredible optimization, I believe you can go above 3k hp. regen. per second.

But even if you get this high, you will remain potentially vulnerable to huge bursts of damage and have undesirably low resistances.

wolpak:

--- Quote from: WNG on 01 November 2018, 10:27:25 ---With incredible optimization, I believe you can go above 3k hp. regen. per second.

But even if you get this high, you will remain potentially vulnerable to huge bursts of damage and have undesirably low resistances.

--- End quote ---

Clearly burst damage is the real threat here.  Damage over time likely has no impact so stuff like poison should be negligible.  If you are going to dedicate to HP regen and focus to overcome the obstacle of burst damage, obviously you need to mitigate as much as possible AND have enough HP to persevere, which is really the goal.  If you have 10K HP and are hit for 11K, 2K regen won't help.  But if you have 12K HP, then you shrug it off as you are back to full health in a couple seconds.  How much HP is enough though?  Originally I thought Defense might be the best second class, but it may be Nature for the HP boost.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version