Author Topic: New Ragnarok Items Showcase (spoilers)  (Read 43842 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: New Ragnarok Items Showcase (spoilers)
« Reply #30 on: 17 March 2018, 21:24:12 »
good eye on the rat's pack.. that probably proves passives from items and skills stack.. the only mechanic still unproven is whether passives from same items stack.. like 2 jagged silks.. but i think it does too.. i think you mean Einherjar's line though.. Einherjar's fate is a sword.. it says it grants reckless offense although you still need dual wield or reckless offense to equip two weapons.. maybe it meant it gives chance to proc reckless offense.. i have 2 Einherjar's sword i could maybe test whether the chance does stack but it only gives 4% chance to proc.. 4% wouldn't be noticeable
« Last Edit: 17 March 2018, 22:09:18 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Shazen

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: 17 March 2018, 21:54:20 »
I was using the spear actually, sorry about that. Unfortunately i've got no Jagged Silk at the moment, but if the volley from them indeed stacks, i'd seriously consider using those instead of double Skeletal darts for my dragon hunter :P.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: 21 March 2018, 11:58:28 »
i have too many rogues already but this one almost makes me want to make a trickster

I'm almost crying right now

but i also found a club that gives +2 to hunting.. and no it's not like thorny maul.. it doesn't have pierce

i like that the devs make us think differently.
I'm almost laughing right now
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #33 on: 22 March 2018, 02:09:33 »
Very nice items, and the weapon is ... amazing. Sure that you can make a good bleed/poison build with that kind of items.

I am still searching for Gorgon's edge to begin a poison build but it doesn't want to drop. On the other hand, one should not forget blue ragnarok items, like dagger of Basbona, truly unconventional. I wonder how to make the best of it. With some gear maybe it is possible to go all along epic mode with it for trash mobs, and switching to conventional weapon for boss.

The pic is not in english so here is the description: https://www.tq-db.net/search/basbona.

I 've made quick test in act 4 (normal) and the Thousands cuts skill triggers around 1 over 10 hits. The unconventional effect is the fact that this big retaliation is not single targetted but 4 m radius. It's a nice item for Xmax  ;D. With a crowd all around a melee toon, it should trigger often. In my test in normal (but without Xmax), when the effect is triggered all monsters around die suddendly.

I hope there is a legendary version of this effect. It would be possible to think about a true retaliation build, supported by damage reflect coming from defense, storm or dream.
« Last Edit: 22 March 2018, 02:12:04 by Tauceti »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: 22 March 2018, 09:28:47 »
I want to consult everyone's opinion regarding this item (attached below):

The +skills bonus say that it's an item made with a Druid in mind. What confuses me is the generous bonus on +% and flat DEX on the item. Is there a DEX-based theory builds for Druids I'm not aware of? Normally you'd associate the class as a pure mage. Not even as a hybrid.
xmax hardcore is the only way to play this game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Benitot

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: 23 March 2018, 14:28:08 »
I want to consult everyone's opinion regarding this item (attached below):

The +skills bonus say that it's an item made with a Druid in mind. What confuses me is the generous bonus on +% and flat DEX on the item. Is there a DEX-based theory builds for Druids I'm not aware of? Normally you'd associate the class as a pure mage. Not even as a hybrid.

I am not aware of such build but it may save you some stats point if you intend to use some high dex requirement items like SBC. The ring could also be used by a sage or a ranger or some other hybrid builds using these masteries.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Firebrand

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: 25 March 2018, 22:55:46 »
Among the horde of characters I've been planning to start and try, the Berserker ranks pretty high. There is a number of reasons for this.

First of all, just the name does it, really. When Rune Mastery came out, I excitedly looked up the new class names for its combinations. I thought to myself that Warfare with Rune just had to be Berserker. No other way about it. And then it was! I wanted to play one for a long time, and now it's available.

But there's plenty character-wise, too. Dual Wield, Hew, Cross Cut, Tumult, Reckless Offense, Runeword: Explode... Can you imagine the sheer number of melee procs? Thunder Strike and War Wind for two area-hitting charge skills! Runeword: Feather and Weapon Training for obscene amount of offensive ability (criticals, anyone?).

However, there are issues. I just couldn't decide whether to go for Intelligence and Rune Weapon or the conventional Strength-based route with Onslaught. Both seemed to have their merits, but I'll stop discussing that as it does not belong to this topic, most likely.

The thing is... I think I've found something to sway me towards strength.

Look at this and bask in its glory. The -10% bleeding resistance aside (which honestly isn't such a huge penalty), this seems surreal, both offensively and defensively.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure its Sacred Rage will not stack with Rune's Sacred Rage, as it's a buff and I'd guess it's not possible to have two instances of the same buff active at the same time. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I think I tried with an Earth Enchantment granted by an item earlier, and it didn't work, as suspected.
« Last Edit: 25 March 2018, 23:04:19 by Firebrand »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: 25 March 2018, 23:20:09 »
A nice blue for a Strength berserker, when added to dodge attacks (30% chances at ultimate level) and ignore pain from Onslaught tree (20% physical and pierce resistance). Not bad  ;D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #38 on: 23 April 2018, 12:41:14 »

These lol op boots are from normal but seem to have incorrect armor value. Like they are heavy armor. There is a bunch of act 5 MIs like that.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Firebrand

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: 12 May 2018, 02:57:26 »
Normally I'm not much into resistances on items for the sake of resistances, but look at this thing.

178% fire resistance, wow. Looks pretty good for bladeflinger Sorcerers, too. Other knifethrowers as well.

On the other hand, what even is this thing. It looks completely absurd.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: 12 May 2018, 09:29:01 »
Oh you found a Nidbow  ;) i am still searching it. A great bow, useful for testing the Gautrec's trick but also for a bone charmer.

About the 1st item, i am not a fan of such heavy resistance in one elemental compartiment. Usuallly it will be wasted since gear with elemental resistances is not hard to find.
But well it can be useful for storm users and surely for knives

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #41 on: 03 June 2018, 12:19:47 »
Found a new blue throwing stick today: Rungu.  Plus 1 to all Hunting skills.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline koderkrazy

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: 07 June 2018, 08:53:23 »
Here are some:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: 25 June 2018, 08:39:27 »
this one is easy to find but it's so weird it's worth posting here

what made this even weirder is the unknown abilities, i tested it and the ring seems to heal me but after some hits, it seems the monsters attack gets amplified.. but i'm not sure as i've only tested it once.. too dangerous
time to necro

was just browsing steam forums and saw this

https://steamcommunity.com/app/475150/discussions/0/1726450077637075258/#c1726450077641316460

i was correct :) after a few hits the damage i took was greatly amplified

it's not the andvaranaut skill that was causing it though.. the andvaranaut skill probably is the gold drop
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline koderkrazy

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: 25 June 2018, 09:15:08 »
From what I understood from NGDevTwo's replay is this:
The ring is crafted based on the Andvaranaut ring lore.
        The ring was magical generated gold.
         It was cursed to bring misfortune and destruction to whoever possessed it.

-500% physical resistance reduction on wearer may be the curse part.
-The skill, as per db, gives increases gold drop chance by 100 and modifies monster gold drop when it procs.

@botebote77  I see 0 health instead of 1232

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal