Author Topic: Bramblewood bow question  (Read 6150 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Kress512

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Bramblewood bow question
« on: 31 August 2019, 18:18:20 »
Hello everyone!

So I have a Bramblewood bow with "the Betrayer" suffix. So it has two resistance reduction mods on it. Something like this:

25% chance of 57 reduced resistances for 3.0 seconds
25% chance of 37 reduced resistances for 3.0 seconds

I would like to know the mechanics behind it and how the program calculates in this case. Does it do two separate roll for every single basic attack? If yes and if I am really lucky, do they stack with each other?
Or the program just rolls them separately (in whatever order) and the first one that is applied is the one in effect?

If they stack this combination is very OP, much more so than the original item, but if not then there is a chance that the lower value overwrites the previously applied higher one making this item effectively worse than if it was a with a single mod with high reduction.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bramblewood bow question
« Reply #1 on: 31 August 2019, 20:11:43 »
AFAIK, it has 2 separate chances to reduce resistances.. and if one RR procs while the other is still in effect, it stacks additively.. I say you got lucky with that affix.. welcome to the forum

(given that both are absolute and both are from the same weapon)

edit: ack wait.. today my knowledge of RR got jumbled.. I double checked apocalypse80's guide

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titan-quest-resistances-guide-by-apocalypse80/

and he listed "of the betrayer" as percentage RR.. it's really weird considering the wording doesn't say 37% reduced resist.. it just says 37

still, both should take effect and not just overwrite the other, but not stack additively

does anyone know if the devs changed the wording on "of the betrayer"? maybe from TQIT to TQAE?
« Last Edit: 31 August 2019, 20:42:05 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Kress512

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 31 August 2019, 20:49:42 »
Thanks for the answer!

I have not heard about "the betrayer" being percentage but I am going to try to test it. Maybe with someone in pvp.
In the meantime, if someone knows more please feel free to shed some light on it. :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 31 August 2019, 20:52:33 »
now looking under BIG EXAMPLE, from the same link, he listed "of the betrayer" as -40%.. in-game it doesn't have a %

urrrgggh now I'm confused.. if I still have TQIT, I might install it just to check

apocalypse80 is very good and very knowledgeable, if he says something it's probably right
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 31 August 2019, 21:26:37 »
ahhh hey wait.. I did some digging and found an image via Google search.. look at the spear

https://images.app.goo.gl/KcBmiPuSYLgaHURk6

it looks like a pic from TQIT.. it says 33% reduced resistance for 3.0 seconds.. so it is possible that the devs changed "of the betrayer" suffix
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Kress512

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 31 August 2019, 21:43:26 »
It says flat reduction for me on all these items, so unless it is bugged, it is really absolute reduction and not percentage.

However, I tried to test it in pvp with a friend of mine and it didn't reduce the resistances AT ALL, netiher percentage nor absolute reduction took place, so here is one more mystery for ya...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #6 on: 01 September 2019, 06:59:54 »
- The guy name "SilentMeteor"'s answer in your question thread on steam (i thought it's your thread) right. Check it.
- RR effect of "the Betrayer" suffix in AE v2.8b is Absolute.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 01 September 2019, 09:09:21 »
ah right.. maybe it doesn't stack when RR1 procs first then RR2 procs on the 2nd hit.. the only time it can stack is if both procs at same time

I'm confused why he multiplied 25% by (1-25%).. i mean the item says 25% chance to proc so isn't it 25% chance to proc?

Kress, maybe it's a bug unique to PvP but resistance reduction still applies on PvM.. I don't have anyone I can test PvP with anymore.. everyone quit TQ years ago
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 01 September 2019, 10:18:48 »
oh f*$k this sucks big time.. I tested a little bit with my bone charmer just hitting the dummys on Sparta.. if you hit after casting study prey, you easily see your damage goes up.. but if you just attack with bramblewood, it doesn't do damage spikes anymore.. iirc it used to have damage spikes months ago.. but now, no damage spikes happen.. even if you take away a few points from study prey so the RR is less than the bramblewood's, you can still see your damage goes up.. but if bramblewood only, no study prey, it doesn't seem to trigger the RR

I think this is worth reporting in redmine.. I won't do that though.. the amount of bugs and the unstableness of the game right now, I just want to quit TQ

edit: perhaps of the betrayer is bugged as well.. and maybe other chance to proc RR
« Last Edit: 01 September 2019, 10:23:03 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #9 on: 01 September 2019, 10:34:34 »
oh f*$k this sucks big time.. I tested a little bit with my bone charmer just hitting the dummys on Sparta.. if you hit after casting study prey, you easily see your damage goes up.. but if you just attack with bramblewood, it doesn't do damage spikes anymore.. iirc it used to have damage spikes months ago.. but now, no damage spikes happen.. even if you take away a few points from study prey so the RR is less than the bramblewood's, you can still see your damage goes up.. but if bramblewood only, no study prey, it doesn't seem to trigger the RR

I think this is worth reporting in redmine.. I won't do that though.. the amount of bugs and the unstableness of the game right now, I just want to quit TQ

edit: perhaps of the betrayer is bugged as well.. and maybe other chance to proc RR
I remmember i said any RR effect that reduced all resistances don't work on dummies in game.
I tested it since Ragnarok v1.57 or previous one.

And if you don't like TQ anymore, just leave. I'm tired to your complain day by day  O0.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal