Author Topic: Tatsumonkey's Guardian Guide  (Read 4934 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Tatsumonkey's Guardian Guide
« on: 13 August 2018, 15:07:28 »
Construction of a Guardian
Prologue
Before I begin, allow me to mention that I indeed did search for some guardian discussion threads though available, still left me with some questions which lead me to start this thread hopefully to answer my questions and aid me to construct a decent character.
Goals
What I’d like to achieve is basically to tank most if not all the monsters thrown to me in game be it Normal, Epic and Legendary. Secondly is to able to mend my own wounds. These two made me look at the combination of Defence & Nature
As opposed to the popular belief of “Highest DPS == best character” I decide to tailor a character more toward my playing style of hack & slash RPG.
Yes, granted my damage might be miniscule, but not all battle are won with burst/spike damage. Endurance is another method much less explored.
Background
My background to this game is really small. I’ve only reach Egypt with an Assassin. Therefore my knowledge regarding items, monsters, bosses, mechanics and such are really zero. (which is why i created this thread)
Skills
I am at the point where every skill sounds appealing when i read it. However having said that from past experience (mostly from Diablo 2), on higher difficulties some skills are really useless because of either diminishing returns or monster buffs are way too high (their HP, Damage, Resistance)
For the moment this is what i have planned out
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Guardian&master1=4&master2=5&sa=0&m1=32-4-0-12-8-0-8-1-0-8-1-0-1-0-1-0-0-1-1-1-0-0-0&m2=32-0-1-12-6-1-1-0-6-1-6-1-0-8-6-8-1-1-0-8-6-0-0
Reasons for Choosing
I did not opt for Concussive blow because I did not want to limit myself to mace class weapons. From what i read, spears have good pierce chance and that avenue of weapon seems appealing (though the attack speed might be a set back)
1 point wonder skills would be adrenalin rush and the resilence just to give it a small boost. For the moment it doesn’t appeal to me to invest more than one point.
For the nature side, mainly i took the HP boosting skills, and ability to heal. Im not sure as to what value of heal i should be taking as i am not aware of the cooldown of that skill.
My idea of the nature tree is to have skills that increase regeneration (like sanctuary) and if i get bursted damage on, heal self (regrowth)
The plague side is for damage. If i understand correctly, the % should scale along with the difficulty yes? Example in Normal monster with 100 HP (skill description 10% reduction in enemy HP so reduces 10) and perhaps in Epic the same monster would have 1000 HP thus resulting in the skill reducing 100 HP (is this correct?)
As you can see also there is alot of room for improvement, If i understood correctly the max level would be 65 and according to the calculator, i still have a couple of levels to go.
-Guide by Tatsumonkey

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titan-quest-guardian-guide/

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal