Author Topic: Registration problems  (Read 6672 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Accolon

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Registration problems
« on: 30 October 2020, 02:08:12 »
Verification engine isn't working in symbols only case. So, for send a message me need dozen time to press by reply button until case letters only or numbers only appear.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Registration problems
« Reply #1 on: 30 October 2020, 02:39:39 »
Hello @Accolon 
I just did full testing with all symbols related security questions. Everything works as it should without problem. Can you be more specific how does it fails for you? Can you solve these 2 so maybe we find where is the problem?

question: enter symbols only (remove letters and numbers): a4<9t$m%k?#b23.5rnm-sd
Your Answer:

question: enter symbols only (remove letters and numbers): a49t*m`ksd4b_23~5rnmdawf4}dwe&tw=k
Your Answer:

So as it question say, enter only symbols, copy everything in required field, then remove every letter and number

English letters: a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z.
Numbers: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
Symbols: everything else in this case.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 30 October 2020, 02:46:17 »
Also before posting always use Preview button. That is a gold rule at the forums.
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Accolon

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 30 October 2020, 21:22:37 »
Hello Efko.
I just did full testing with all symbols related security questions. Everything works as it should without problem.
I speak with one forums membership, and he never encountered such an occurrence. With verification button, I mean.
Can you be more specific how does it fails for you? Can you solve these 2 so maybe we find where is the problem?
Well, verification button disappear completely. ??? Sadly, I don't save problematic question for symbols only.
question: enter symbols only (remove letters and numbers): a4<9t$m%k?#b23.5rnm-sd
Answer: <$%?#.-
question: enter symbols only (remove letters and numbers): a49t*m`ksd4b_23~5rnmdawf4}dwe&tw=k
Answer: *`_~}&=
So as it question say, enter only symbols, copy everything in required field, then remove every letter and number
Yes, that's exactly how I did it.
Also before posting always use Preview button. That is a gold rule at the forums.
Yes. And "he" says, that verificaion is not correct (for symbols). Hmm, may be FireFox "eat" some symbols.
« Last Edit: 30 October 2020, 21:28:17 by Accolon »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 30 October 2020, 22:38:27 »
Ok, so we both agreed that you know to solve security questions.
Hello Efko.
I just did full testing with all symbols related security questions. Everything works as it should without problem.
I speak with one forums membership, and he never encountered such an occurrence. With verification button, I mean.
Yes. And "he" says, that verificaion is not correct (for symbols). Hmm, may be FireFox "eat" some symbols.

I speak with one forums membership - I guess you only need to get more posts so you won't have problems, or maybe you tried manually to enter symbols and at some point some symbol is not the same as required.
With verification button, I mean - that doesn't exist, need screenshot to know what is that about.

Also very important thing to know is that you need to make few posts to be free of security questions, so with more posts you get more privileges as forum user. My advice is not to use private messages if you have 0, 1, 2 and maybe more posts, but with posts you will not have more annoying questions. Fair enough, don't you think?

Still if there is something broken on forum, I would like to know what is that so try to reproduce it, need proof for that.
« Last Edit: 30 October 2020, 22:40:26 by efko »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Accolon

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 31 October 2020, 07:11:11 »
maybe you tried manually to enter symbols and at some point some symbol is not the same as required.
There is third or two version with symbol verify. So, me thinck it's hardly for incorrected entering, what I see. After all, I answered correctly in two other cases. There is some way to test it? How I can invocate to appear verify button again?
that doesn't exist, need screenshot to know what is that about
It don't exist anymore. But it exist before you move my message into this topic and set it "Started by Accolon".
Also very important thing to know is that you need to make few posts to be free of security questions, so with more posts you get more privileges as forum user.

Aye. And this is public message number four. ^-^
My advice is not to use private messages if you have 0, 1, 2 and maybe more posts, but with posts you will not have more annoying questions. Fair enough, don't you think?

Via PM anyone can to communicate in native language :). Can you count answered (five times, for ex.) PM too, or it's ensure vulnerability for bots?
Still if there is something broken on forum, I would like to know what is that so try to reproduce it, need proof for that.
But how? Creat another account? AccolonsVerifyProblem, for example? Or you can set my message by zero/ remove me from author of the topic? ::)
« Last Edit: 31 October 2020, 07:20:31 by Accolon »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Accolon

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 02 November 2020, 01:22:55 »
I tried to create a new account, but only one account allowed by one e-mail.
Spoiler for Hiden:
public/4LuL/JB82q21P3
Verify is ok in number/ number case.

Lucky, verification window as same as when me sending a message
Spoiler for Hiden:
public/4HYa/574i49AHu
public/2Ead/32JQ2sF5F
And there is proof - verify is not ok in symbols case.
« Last Edit: 02 November 2020, 01:58:35 by efko »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 02 November 2020, 01:57:54 »
Ok, thank you for reporting. I will investigate deeply if any problem exist.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 02 November 2020, 06:45:26 »
Since you seem to have successfully registered on the forum back in May, I'm not sure why you think you need to register here again. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Accolon

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 02 November 2020, 07:28:29 »
Since you seem to have successfully registered on the forum back in May, I'm not sure why you think you need to register here again.
Me not need it for communication through the forum. I'm try this to restore verification functionality that does not work for me in case of symbol's question. But this is not necessary because the same mechanism is involved in registration and he also swear at the symbols entered from my computer.
« Last Edit: 02 November 2020, 07:30:44 by Accolon »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 02 November 2020, 18:42:20 »
Maybe it has to do something with your and browser of your friend, space not removed before or after inserting in required field or similar. Anyway everything else said up, periodically will check everything and we often change questions.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal