Author Topic: Contribution topic for Soulvizier  (Read 5756 times)

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Contribution topic for Soulvizier
« on: 11 July 2019, 22:57:22 »
I talked some time ago about creating a “help topic” for Soulvizier, so that people can contribute to parts of the mod. I think the best way is that I give a list with specific tasks.
Need = Texturing a hero/monster, based on an existing mesh, or adapting the mesh if you can, creating new FX (for a hero skill, or as a graphical enhancement)
I take care of creating the dbr files, balancing everything.
Just answer to this post if you would like to try something, so that I can update this post.

NEW ELITE MONSTERS
Here is the work that needs to be done for elite monsters groups of act 5.

•   Cernunnos Druids
Akin with stags/deers. Nature magic, Hunting skills.
Some inspirational pics :
Spoiler for Hiden:

Needed, one or more of the skins below. The elite group could consist in a mix of these :
-   A special skin for an on-foot version (bow) – human with short antlers or stag helm
-   A special skin for a mounted version (spear) – same human on a stag
-   A special skin for an on-foot version (staff) – man with a stag head [DONE]
-   A special skin for a mounted version (bow) – some sort of centaur with a stag head
Use a green or brown base for textures.

For their monster armor, some could be MI. Here is a list of items that could be used as a base. It would be nice to have green projectiles like the Nymph arrows for the druids staves or bows.

•   Ljosalfar Blades
Sword + offhand warriors. Armor MI would be the existing Alfheim armor panoply. Sword + offhand would be new MI.
Needed :
-   A special skin for sword (with a bit of an elven vibe) + offhand (it could look like the warrior is having golden light in his hand)
-   If someone has ideas on how to improve the looks of Alfheim warriors ? That said this elite group would have higher chances to drop MI armor so the skin wouldn’t matter this much as it would be covered with armor more often.

Here is a list of items that could be used as a base for MI swords :
For the offhand, a shield retextured

•   Runic Giants
Elemental Giants with dual-throwing weapons.
Needed :
-   A special skin (maybe based on normal Jotun with a helm and different skin/hair color)
-   A special MI throwing weapons (elemental iridescent orbs ?)
-   A FX for a special attack (like Storm Surge with all 3 elements)

•   Black Elves
I think I’ll turn them into an elite group because they already seem more powerful than the other monsters in the base game.
Needed :
-   If someone has ideas on how to improve their look ?

Spoiler for Hiden:

NEW HEROES
Some heroes that need to be created :

•   Llobjenar, Twisted Emissary : Chaos Imp/Staff. Dream/Occult
Style : Bleeding + Vitality damage, petmancer
Skills : Psionic Weapon + synergies, summon Chaos Imps, Shadow Link + synergies
Needed :    
-   A special skin (dark purple skin with red wings). Have the hero wear a staff, if not possible throw a beam like psionic beam ?

[To be expanded]

NEW RELICS/FORGED ITEMS
Several items have already been made.
If you have ideas, or know existing items from another mod that could fit here, feel free to propose.
« Last Edit: 22 April 2020, 14:09:09 by soa »
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Contribution topic for Soulvizier
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2019, 03:03:54 »
Nice ideas... Cernunnos druids and blade elves - ill try to help on both. And with the dvergr offhands as well.

On the druids - first two ideas are easiest to make, as a stag mount already exist. And they can drop their stag helms as MIs. On the other hand, they will look just like humans... hybrid human-stag druids souns more unique.
Which idea do you lean more to?

About the elves - imo they can be improved as texture as well as mesh - they look kinda fat right now. Also, ljosalfar and dokkalfar both wear black... why would light elves wear dark colors?
Last thing, this is an half-elf knight texture (human mesh) made some time ago, using some parts of Allskins textures. Something similar may fit the Blades:
Spoiler for Hiden:
If you imagine them in a certain way, just show me concepts or pictures that you like. I'll try to recreate.

Edit: if you need more Nixie heroes, there is a quite famous one - Lorelei:
https://www.britannica.com/place/Lorelei-rock-Germany
« Last Edit: 13 July 2019, 03:11:31 by nargil66 »

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2019, 10:19:10 »

On the druids - first two ideas are easiest to make, as a stag mount already exist. And they can drop their stag helms as MIs. On the other hand, they will look just like humans... hybrid human-stag druids souns more unique.
Which idea do you lean more to?
I like variety, so I was thinking that some of the druids could be lesser druids, still human (on foot or on stag), and some of them would be accomplished shapeshifters, part human and part stag. Not sure if a human with a stag head would look good mounted on a stag. A druid on foot with human body and stag head and maybe beastly legs would look good, or even something like a stag with a human upper body and antlers, like a centaur stag ? That would be great, if doable.
The stags and druids could use a green glow in their eyes like this, to show they are not normal humans or beasts :
Spoiler for Hiden:

About the elves - imo they can be improved as texture as well as mesh - they look kinda fat right now. Also, ljosalfar and dokkalfar both wear black... why would light elves wear dark colors?
Why not, but I haven't noticed they were fat ? Only the boots and bracers of ljosalfar are brown (normal) or black (MI).
If you think you can improve the meshes or textures, with like silvery/golden gloves instead of brown/black, go ahead.

Last thing, this is an half-elf knight texture (human mesh) made some time ago, using some parts of Allskins textures. Something similar may fit the Blades:
Spoiler for Hiden:
This might fit as a base for normal elves or the Blades (but what does it looks like on a mesh ?).
The thing is that I was imagining the Blades with heavier armor, and as male elves instead of female, to have a bit more variety among elves. Would it be possible or convincing to use the elf mesh with male armor ?

If you imagine them in a certain way, just show me concepts or pictures that you like. I'll try to recreate.
I haven't found any concept that fits exactly what I want. I forgot to end a sentence in my first post about the offhand, it could be like an orb or a shield, textured with something looking like a bright light (with glow). Like they wear light in their offhand. The swords would be bright too. The elite group would consist of dual swords wielders and 1H sword + offhand warriors.
The concept would be like a mixture of this and the MI armor of Ragnarok, with white/yellow bright blades or bright shield/orb, no bow :
Spoiler for Hiden:
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2019, 12:59:45 »
A druid on foot with human body and stag head and maybe beastly legs would look good, or even something like a stag with a human upper body and antlers, like a centaur stag ? That would be great, if doable.
Yeah, a stag centaur will be great. I played around with some centaur meshes, but a horse doesnt resemble a stag enough. I'll try making a new hybrid, but can't promise it will work. Those on foot... maybe kelpie with horns? Not sure yet.

Why not, but I haven't noticed they were fat ? Only the boots and bracers of ljosalfar are brown (normal) or black (MI).
If you think you can improve the meshes or textures, with like silvery/golden gloves instead of brown/black, go ahead.
Their clothes (on the texture) are both black. By "fat" i meant most concepts show elves more gracious.

The thing is that I was imagining the Blades with heavier armor, and as male elves instead of female, to have a bit more variety among elves. Would it be possible or convincing to use the elf mesh with male armor ?
Alright, a Babylon villager has been promoted to a male elf :D:
Spoiler for Hiden:
It's a test mesh, havent tried with armor yet.

it could be like an orb or a shield, textured with something looking like a bright light (with glow). Like they wear light in their offhand. The swords would be bright too. The elite group would consist of dual swords wielders and 1H sword + offhand warriors.
The concept would be like a mixture of this and the MI armor of Ragnarok, with white/yellow bright blades or bright shield/orb, no bow :
Spoiler for Hiden:
I like that picture, looks more like a Norse elf than a LotR elf.
The orb part should be easier, it only needs a sphere, glow texture and some kind of light effect.

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2019, 19:05:16 »
Yeah, a stag centaur will be great. I played around with some centaur meshes, but a horse doesnt resemble a stag enough. I'll try making a new hybrid, but can't promise it will work. Those on foot... maybe kelpie with horns? Not sure yet.
I think with a bit of armor and clothes, it could look good.

Their clothes (on the texture) are both black. By "fat" i meant most concepts show elves more gracious.
Oh OK, when I checked ingame this morning I only saw elves with armor on their clothes.
The elf mesh is very similar to the human mesh, with pointy ears, for this reason I suppose it's not especially gracious.

Alright, a Babylon villager has been promoted to a male elf :D:
Good start. :) Can he have hair and still drop a helmet without hair attached to it ?
Do you use 3D max to get to this or can it be done with TQ tools only ?
« Last Edit: 13 July 2019, 19:07:57 by soa »

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 02 April 2020, 19:08:45 »
Showcase of a Dryad for Soulvizier:
Spoiler for Hiden:
With the agreement of @soa i'll be helping him with making new enemies for the mod. Here is a video of what you can expect in future versions (spoiler alert :) ):
Spoiler for Hiden:

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 09 April 2020, 19:49:12 »
More content is being worked on. You know me, i love nymphs, so they will be my first contribution for the mod :D:

NYMPH POWER!!!
« Last Edit: 09 April 2020, 20:12:05 by nargil66 »

Online sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 10 April 2020, 01:31:58 »
i would probably reduce a litle the hair of Dryads on 1st video, iit gives an impression its little too long. Same as Hecatean Priestess. Its only a suggestion :).

Overall they look nice :)
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 23 April 2020, 22:18:51 »
Sorry for the late reply sauruz, i may shorten the hairs of dryads. Or the problem is that their hair has no animation... but then again its made by leaves and branches, it shouldnt be too flexible.
What do you mean about Hecatean priestess - is it the hairs or helmets?

New video with new enemies:

Offline soa

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 06 June 2020, 19:05:05 »
This is a demo of Soul Collectors, new NPCs that can show you the souls that drop in the current act.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82CpkDktFMI&feature=youtu.be

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal