Author Topic: [MOD] (Obsolete) Glorious  (Read 27807 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline popopopop

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: [MOD] Glorious
« Reply #15 on: 10 May 2021, 02:54:47 »
Great mod Morgul, everything I wanted! I just wanted to confirm that is it normal to start a brand new unaccomplished hero in Act 1 with level 30 monsters when I'm level 1? I see that there are level scaling, but is there a trick to surviving or doing damage? Thanks in advance!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Morgul

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
  • Uruk-Hai
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: 29 May 2021, 14:03:31 »
Thank you !
Yes, it is normal, because you level quicker and obtain better loot, but you must deserve it
Try to be tactical with the first monsters you encounter, gain your first skills and use them wisely, once you get some levels, things will be much easier, but the first hour of game could be tedious if you go straightforward on monsters
Good luck
"The world began without knowledge, and without knowledge will it end."

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Alunder

• Visitor
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -3
« Reply #17 on: 11 July 2021, 21:44:45 »
Starting Game
I started a new game at Lv.1 and the monsters are at Lv.29. Is this intentional? Or is the mod suitable for players with higher levels?

Middle Game
I also tried it with a Lv.30 character and the monsters are at Lv.40. It looks great!

Attributes
But installing on Lv.30 I lose the additional attribute points. (+5 instead of 4, -1 per level). I will try to find some mod to reset the attributes and continue this save game. Or I can just cheat to add 29 missing points to the respective attributes.  ;)

Loot (Taking LootPlus implementation into consideration)
I liked the idea of reducing the white loot "junk", however I still notice a lot of yellow loot which is also quite weak "junk". There is the possibility to reduce this yellow loot a little bit, sometimes I can barely walk because of so much loot.

Currently this is the most amazing mod I've ever tried. Congratulations on the excellent work!  ;D

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline Morgul

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
  • Uruk-Hai
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: 25 July 2021, 14:36:15 »
« Last Rated on: 25 July 2021, 20:28:09 »
Starting Game
I started a new game at Lv.1 and the monsters are at Lv.29. Is this intentional? Or is the mod suitable for players with higher levels?

Middle Game
I also tried it with a Lv.30 character and the monsters are at Lv.40. It looks great!

Attributes
But installing on Lv.30 I lose the additional attribute points. (+5 instead of 4, -1 per level). I will try to find some mod to reset the attributes and continue this save game. Or I can just cheat to add 29 missing points to the respective attributes.  ;)

Loot (Taking LootPlus implementation into consideration)
I liked the idea of reducing the white loot "junk", however I still notice a lot of yellow loot which is also quite weak "junk". There is the possibility to reduce this yellow loot a little bit, sometimes I can barely walk because of so much loot.

Currently this is the most amazing mod I've ever tried. Congratulations on the excellent work!  ;D

Thank you for the good words !

Yes, it is totally intentional to have an hard time if you start the character with Glorious, but you will be stronger because of the greater attribute and skill points gain, compared to vanilla

As you said, you can play it with a vanilla character, but it will be even harder for the above reason

My suggestion is to start a new character with Glorious, find a way (there are multiple) to get around the starting area (you can be out of the starting area at level 8 if you know how to play well) and you will have no issue at all continuing the run

Of course the whole game it's still much harder compared to vanilla, as I always say, keep in mind to have a good tactic and to know the weaknesses of your enemies

About the yellow loot, I kept it as vanilla because I didn't wanted the enemies and chests to drop too much good loot and high tier items, of course the grinding is severely reduced compared to vanilla, but you still have to grind a bit if you want to find really good items

Good luck

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Morgul

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
  • Uruk-Hai
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: 05 June 2022, 18:34:57 »
When update #4 will be out of it's beta phase, I'll start working on a new update for Glorious

The plans are: making it compatible with Eternal Embers (still optional as every other expansions) check if everything works as intended, fixing the bugs that have been reported in the past two years, and finally a new feature that I will talk about in some weeks, it's a big one

Take it easy.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline skanatov

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: 07 June 2022, 19:21:55 »
Your mod is rather fun and has many advantages - fast pace gameplay, challenges and good rewards. The idea with the hirelings is just great, if only they could survive more than 2 min up to Immortal throne, and more than 20 sec after that. I have played with completely new character since the beginning and up to Immortal throne all was ok. However, right after that there is a difficulty spike. My character barely stays alive and it seems that neither skills nor epic armor makes any difference. And this is on Normal. I can imagine how it will be on Epic. Can you adjust the difficulty somehow? I mean - I cannot even sustain the far rebuilding NPC in the fists area, what is left later.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Morgul

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
  • Uruk-Hai
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: 09 June 2022, 11:36:16 »
Your mod is rather fun and has many advantages - fast pace gameplay, challenges and good rewards. The idea with the hirelings is just great, if only they could survive more than 2 min up to Immortal throne, and more than 20 sec after that. I have played with completely new character since the beginning and up to Immortal throne all was ok. However, right after that there is a difficulty spike. My character barely stays alive and it seems that neither skills nor epic armor makes any difference. And this is on Normal. I can imagine how it will be on Epic. Can you adjust the difficulty somehow? I mean - I cannot even sustain the far rebuilding NPC in the fists area, what is left later.

Thank you for the feedback and the good words
So, you're saying that difficulty gets insane after beating Hades ?
I will investigate this issue for sure, also, what is your class

Not Yet Rated!

Offline skanatov

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: 09 June 2022, 20:04:48 »
Thank you for the response. Yes, the difficulty right after Act 3 - Olympus is just 2 times worse. My class is Warfare/Rogue, and I kill the mobs rather fast (due to enormous attack speed), but the damage they deal to me is much more than in Act 3. At the beginning of Act 4 even one of the first quests The Torch-Lighter's Gauntlet, is impossible. I simply cannot protect the NPC repairing the Phare, and this is not right. In my experience the second half of Immortal throne gets harder, and I simply cannot imagine what a gameplay awaits me. My potions dried out in a matter of minutes and the overall feeling was of imbalance. Not to mention that I am level 62 and this is normal difficulty. The other difficulties will be worse for sure. I do not think things will get better and somehow I suggest the reason is the too much damage output - my resists and offensive abilities are fine. I would appreciate if you do something about it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Morgul

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
  • Uruk-Hai
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: 10 June 2022, 19:05:51 »
Thank you for the response. Yes, the difficulty right after Act 3 - Olympus is just 2 times worse. My class is Warfare/Rogue, and I kill the mobs rather fast (due to enormous attack speed), but the damage they deal to me is much more than in Act 3. At the beginning of Act 4 even one of the first quests The Torch-Lighter's Gauntlet, is impossible. I simply cannot protect the NPC repairing the Phare, and this is not right. In my experience the second half of Immortal throne gets harder, and I simply cannot imagine what a gameplay awaits me. My potions dried out in a matter of minutes and the overall feeling was of imbalance. Not to mention that I am level 62 and this is normal difficulty. The other difficulties will be worse for sure. I do not think things will get better and somehow I suggest the reason is the too much damage output - my resists and offensive abilities are fine. I would appreciate if you do something about it.
I will for sure !
I'm only waiting for the new patch to be release and I'll work on the mod again, so expect a wiser balance for the next version also

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline skanatov

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: 10 June 2022, 21:09:14 »
« Last Rated on: 11 June 2022, 14:51:10 »
To be honest, I tried many TQ mods in the years, and apart of Destinies, Glorious is the only one I felt pleasure similar to D2 mods. So, thank you for your efforts and creativity. And keep it up! :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline skanatov

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: 10 July 2022, 19:43:07 »
I completed Ragnarok and Atlantis on Normal with my Hunter/Nature om lvl 74, with all curse modifiers for Electrum put on. It was possible only with legendary bow (impossible with any epic weapon), with a few difficulty spikes and need to turn of the curses just once - to defeat my doppelganger. Now, after I bought the Eternal embers expansion, the shrine for exchange of Electrum exchange to orbs at the beginning of Act 1 was replaced (from outside the ruined temple to inside) and the exchange rates were much more expensive than the ones from the mod (sadly no more 10 000/30 000/50 000 rates per orb). Can you possibly repair this in the new version? Your exchange rates are much more fun and useful and these from the original game are intolerable.
After I moved to Act 1 on Epic, with all curses on, the game became substantially more difficult and slower, and even with legendary bow at lvl 74, the most common mobs need 4-6 shots to die. Please consider this as another thing to check, when updating.
Thank you again for the great work, which made me play TQ 16 years later than my first play. :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Morgul

• TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
  • Uruk-Hai
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: 12 July 2022, 17:30:56 »
I just updated the game, and so started working on the next update of the mod
Checking what needs to be fixed first, then the improvements, and last but not least; Glorium (basically Glorious plus Multi-class and a few new game mechanics)

UPDATE: Because of the latest TQ updates + Eternal Embers, both Glorious and Glorium are obsolete, too many things have been changed to be worth changing again, so I'm thinking to make a new version of the mod from the ground up, or a reincarnation based on the current state of the game
I completed Ragnarok and Atlantis on Normal...

Awesome run !
The current version of the mod doesn't covers anything from Eternal Embers, so...
Thanks again for your feedback, it's essential to improve the mod
« Last Edit: 27 July 2022, 06:37:09 by Morgul »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline skanatov

• Beginner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [MOD] (Obsolete) Glorious
« Reply #27 on: 27 August 2022, 18:52:53 »
How is the progress on the renewed mod? Please share some feedback? And, do you plan to put it on Steam workshop?

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal