General > General Discussion

[AE 1.56 theory] Scatter Shot Alternative Stonespeaker Build

(1/8) > >>

Laionidas:
Since buying Ragnarok, I've been playing a new character as an experiment. The idea is to see if Runeword: Explode and Runeword: Burn could provide a viable alternative to the nerfed Scatter Shot Arrows. I'm still in Act V Normal, but so far, it has proven to be fun.

Going for these skills at level 82. Even for Ragnarok, level 82 is a bit high, but bear in mind that this is a solo archer that comes with a fully maxed Core Dweller. Dropping one of the one point wonders and lowering Corey's synergies easily gets you down to 75 or so.

Putting 81 attribute points in Dex., and the rest in Int. Breakdown below:

Spoiler for Attribute Points:
--- Quote ---Strength
Base:            50
Rune:            32
Earth:            0
Quests:            42
-----------------------------
Base:            124
Total:            124
Required:         157

Dexterity
Rune:            48
Earth:            48
Quests:            18
Base:            164
Added 81:         324
Total:            488
Required:         486

Intelligence
Rune:            64
Earth:            96
Quests:            18
Base:            228
Level 75:         340
Total:            568
Required:         n.a.

--- End quote ---

Str. is a bit lower than I'd want, but the difference is so small, gear or Runeword: Feather can take care of it easily. In fact, taking Runeword: Feather and then dropping it once you're fully geared (and probably got at least some +Str. modifier somewhere), might be the way to go. The stats were chosen so that a Legendary Bramblewood can be equiped without any further gear requirements, though Ichaival is probably the best bow for this build.

Spoiler for Bramblewood & Ichaival:
--- Quote ---
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---
--- End quote ---

tholuneve:
If I'm reading correctly, you mean bow Stonespeaker, rather than thrown weapon or others.
Well...I never thought about that. I think it might work. But...your link is a Thunderer build...so I don't know what makes you level 82 to complete.

In fact, taking Runeword: Feather and then dropping it once you're fully geared (and probably got at least some +Str. modifier somewhere), might be the way to go.
About this I can safely say always max Runeword: Feather and don't invest str is the best choice.

And someone recently find out that Gusir's Gifts has hidden 100% chance to pierce. I haven't find it yet so I can't verify. But if it does, I think it would also be a good choice.

Laionidas:
Oops,.. I probably had too many tabs with Calcs open, and copied the wrong link. I modified and corrected the OP now.

The idea of a bow Stonespeaker came to me after it was mentioned by someone that Thunder Strike wroks on bows, by firing a full five arrows. I've tested it now, and all effects seem to carry over.

--- Quote from: tholuneve on 31 May 2018, 05:42:37 ---About this I can safely say always max Runeword: Feather and don't invest str is the best choice.
--- End quote ---

True -42% req. is massive, and for builds that do not need Str. for damage, it's a very solid investment for 6 skillpoints.

Archers though, barely need any Str. for weapon requirements. I think at higher levels neither investing in Str. nor Runeword: Feather will be necessary.

--- Quote from: tholuneve on 31 May 2018, 05:42:37 ---And someone recently find out that Gusir's Gifts has hidden 100% chance to pierce. I haven't find it yet so I can't verify. But if it does, I think it would also be a good choice.

--- End quote ---

That'd be very interesting, especially since this build does not come with any native chance to pierce, being a Rune based archer, rather than a Hunting based one. That also makes Gusir's "level 8 Volley" really usefull. In combination with Thunder Strike it'd be absolutely lethal. Even if Volley won't proc of it, having both passive as well as active multi-shot capabilities, is a huge asset. Considering how Thunder Strike behaves so far, I wouldn't be too surprised if it can proc Volley though. That'd give you an occassional 15 arrows per shot  :o

Firebrand:

--- Quote from: Laionidas on 31 May 2018, 10:20:15 ---That'd be very interesting, especially since this build does not come with any native chance to pierce, being a Rune based archer, rather than a Hunting based one. That also makes Gusir's "level 8 Volley" really usefull. In combination with Thunder Strike it'd be absolutely lethal. Even if Volley won't proc of it, having both passive as well as active multi-shot capabilities, is a huge asset. Considering how Thunder Strike behaves so far, I wouldn't be too surprised if it can proc Volley though. That'd give you an occassional 15 arrows per shot  :o

--- End quote ---

Also keep in mind that according to tests made with Jagged Silk and Hoi Polloi, separate instances of Volley from different sources (your own skill tree and one or more items) stack. So any character with Hunting and maxed Volley and Gusir's Gifts is going to spread arrows like a madman.

Laionidas:

--- Quote from: Firebrand on 31 May 2018, 17:37:35 ---Also keep in mind that according to tests made with Jagged Silk and Hoi Polloi, separate instances of Volley from different sources (your own skill tree and one or more items) stack. So any character with Hunting and maxed Volley and Gusir's Gifts is going to spread arrows like a madman.

--- End quote ---

That's crazy.

I think Hunting has an issue though: it has always been a skillpoint-heavy mastery, especially for the archer route, and with Scatter Shot nerfed, the questions rises whether it's worth it. The Gusir's stacked arrow spreader could work, but I'd pick a secondary mastery only as a minor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version