Author Topic: Journal Thread: Hybrid Stat Melee Conqueror  (Read 14427 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Journal Thread: Hybrid Stat Melee Conqueror
« Reply #15 on: 20 March 2019, 02:36:11 »
adamantine sickle of kronos at lvl 64

Spoiler for Hiden:

items:
helm of the conqueror
hale of might w/ demons blood
alke
myrmidons pendant
scholar's archmages clasp of spirit (normal craftsmanship quest)
priams gate
odysseus armor
thoths glory
weightless master forge greaves w/ pristine plumage

without sacrificing resists.. at least on epic.. I'll have to rethink when i get to legendary

actually it's not much better than my previous set-up.. but this is the first time i can use the sickle for a legit character.. so it'll stay like this for a while

ether strike doesn't feel like it's better than shield charge.. except it doesn't have cooldown and has lower energy cost.. but spamming ether strike drains mana fast and i don't have any mana steal.. so now I'm trying maxed inspiration (huh?) and permanent rally.. that solves energy probs.. i can max inspiration because i took out all my skills from shield charge

ps: dem i forgot about the mana regen from inspiration.. that and armor handling helps casters.. it's around 2011 since i played my ice shard paladin
« Last Edit: 20 March 2019, 03:24:33 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: 30 March 2019, 08:27:11 »
that experiment with sickle of kronos didn't turn out well.. i knew the setup was flawed and it reared it's ugly head at Hades palace.. i got some deaths uhuhuhuhu sob  :'(

i went back to my previous setup and it turned much better again
Spoiler for Hiden:

it seems the ideal time to equip the sickle is still in legendary and probably not for a conqueror.. it was just faster in killing mobs (something not a problem for a conqueror) but weaker in terms of survivability

bah it wasn't part of the plan anyway.. it was just a side experiment
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: 04 July 2019, 19:52:11 »
« Last Rated on: 05 July 2019, 23:25:29 »
update:

what conqueror uses freyja set pieces? apparently this one:

archmages leggings saves the day
an item i once ridiculed is now an important part of this build. HAH :D

* that weapon is so i could steal energy.. this is a mana hungry conqueror if without energy leech
* both OA and DA still goes up a little bit if i activate battle standard (OA 978).. i always have battle standard active.. but still, about 5-10 more points should be spent on dex
* that health will easily go over 7k once i complete the poisoned spring quest (if i ever felt like playing this)
* no act 5 blacksmith quest rewards used (as much as possible i want to avoid using this on any of my chars)
* that high cast speed really helps for this build.. this casts a lot of skills even when surrounded by mobs

about the build:
this is a petmaster + melee conqueror.. ancestral warriors can be permanent now since Atlantis.. but as strong as ancestral warriors are, unyielding phalanx might be even stronger.. the problem with unyielding phalanx is they don't move.. but the solution is simple: keep the mobs and phalanx close to you.. also, unyielding phalanx is better used with quick cast disabled and using shift key on a fully zoomed camera angle.. that way you can summon them on the edge of your screen where mobs can't see you.. these pets are also very good against bosses.. imagine battle standard + colossus form with a lot of strong pets.. a build as strong as this
should be fighting 3 bosses.. no idea why the devs thought a conqueror needs this much improvement

edit: it's not anubis wrath on kthonian razor.. it's valor of Achilles.. kthonian razor already has life steal

edit 2: i don't know if people still measure damage based on the DPS shown on the char sheet.. i don't look at it as it's a poor indicator.. i just play and see how well the toon kills
but that damage goes way up with battle standard and onslaught enabled.. more when adrenaline triggers (and it almost always does).. and these pets are some of the best pets in the game.. plus, shield charge spamming is oomph
« Last Edit: 04 July 2019, 22:27:08 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal