Author Topic: Version 2 Development LOC  (Read 230985 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Version 2 Development
« Reply #45 on: 14 December 2017, 08:13:17 »
No, never played the game that way nargil66, though I remember the thread about it over on TQ.net.  I rarely buy potions anyway.  Sometimes if I have a squishy caster toon at the start of the game I'll buy a couple of health potions before heading into the fields just in case they need them before reaching the health potion drop chest.  Otherwise when I get to the Babylon Gardens I usually sell all my potions there and buy 10 each of the Greater ones before continuing since they start dropping regularly at that point in the game.  I still end up with hundreds by the end of Legendary usually, all just from drops.  Only if a toon is particularly energy hungry do I buy some.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #46 on: 14 December 2017, 16:41:17 »
i only buy potion in early lvs, until my summons have their semi powers.

iT wil be interesting playing the new version.

off topic : I have a question , it is safe playing the actual mod version into new exp atm? i mean when you get into new act will be any issues? i know the new stuff isnt updated yet.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: 14 December 2017, 17:39:39 »
How to play without caravan, I mean there won't be any chance to get artifacts, charms or relics? I'm playing without tq programs for years. It will be really interesting to play without ability to buy healing stuff, that will require a lot of farm, also increased number of potions per slot must be then, about 50 or 100. I can imagine Lilith on hardest difficulty without ability of buying potions :D
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: 14 December 2017, 19:28:12 »
"Living off the land" which nargil66 mentioned is just that, only stuff you pick up can be used.  So yes, if you get an arcane formulae to make an artifact and get the right ingredients you could make it, but not those needing scrolls since they're bought from shops only.  You could make Summoner's Totem for example since it only needs Epic relics/charms, but not Pale Moon since that needs a Scroll of the Storm Witches.  And that assumes you're allowed to actually sell stuff you pick up.  If not then Artifacts would be out since you'd never have enough money to make them.  As said, never played that way so not sure if selling was allowed under the rules or not.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #49 on: 14 December 2017, 22:57:01 »
off topic : I have a question , it is safe playing the actual mod version into new exp atm? i mean when you get into new act will be any issues? i know the new stuff isnt updated yet.

I can't see why not. New items won't have petbonuses or they will have bonuses to skills that don't exist. But it won't crash or anything (I think :) )

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: 14 December 2017, 23:23:15 »

I can't see why not. New items won't have petbonuses or they will have bonuses to skills that don't exist. But it won't crash or anything (I think :) )

Alright, I might try it, soon.

But new act without your touch, it will be kinda different.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: 15 December 2017, 01:59:30 »
So I have defense pretty much wrapped up for v2. It has one summons "Shield Maiden". It's pretty awesome. Nature is finished for now. Haven't started on Spirit and I don't have any new ideas for Dream. The Oneroi I made from a Peng just doesn't do it for me.

I'm stuck with warfare summons. I have archers made, but now I wonder if that is too much. I was thinking about making Ancestral Horn just vanilla. I'm worried Warfare would be OP with 3 archers and 3 spectral warriors. A one-man army lol. Maybe get rid of ancestral horn altogether? I dunno.

Finished up the Naiad mini boss area today and started on Dread Pirate Roberts. He isn't spawning still so there's still bugs to sort out.

I think I still have to redo Davy Jones map area because if you pan out you see the "edge of the world". Phooey. Going to have to make the area hug the coast instead of straight out to sea.

Started on the Cyclops cave behind Polyphemus. Using the gorgon cave music was inspired, very spooky. :D

Also imported a lot of the v1.1 unique weapons and petbonuses so that saves a lot of time.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: 16 December 2017, 01:07:27 »
Hey BG,

On last update ( 15th ) they added new monster race "Ghost".

Might be interesting

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: 16 December 2017, 01:23:21 »
Yeah, Spirit will need the Ghost added to the racial damage.

I'm halfway done with the 4 level Cyclops cave. Pale Ichthians and Karkinos at the bottom water level and a new breed of Troglodyte Cyclops at the end. I also made an exit at the bottom level halfway down the beach after the Cyclops cave and there's a rebirth fountain halfway through the cave.

Also, I decided to give Warfare 2 archers at level 7 and two spectral warriors at level 7. 3 at uber level. Hey, they should be Ghosts instead of Undead, too. Shieldmaiden as well.
« Last Edit: 16 December 2017, 01:26:11 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: 20 December 2017, 08:38:55 »
Decided to send my Wanderer who'd just started Epic back into Normal to try out the expansion.  Then when I got there I thought is it really worth bothering so I didn't go any further.  :-\  Torn between doing the expansion again and waiting to see what v2 will bring to the mix.  Also debating if it's even worth continuing with my current LoC toons or whether so much will have changed that new builds from the beginning might be a better way to go.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: 22 December 2017, 00:56:50 »
Don't hold back, it is going to take me quite some time before the new version is even beta. Like months.
Today I only imported the charms and relics from the previous version. I just finished rebuilding the proxies in Egypt for the minibosses in every tomb. Also added Creosote Crawlers and Cactuar spawns.

Haven't started on Orient, Hades OR Act5 yet.

I did create a new animation for cyclops eye gaze skill and another one for their boulder toss that adds a "prop" attachment like the horn in the call of the hunt animation so a cyclops has a boulder in their hand when they throw.

There's a model for a granite golem I want to use for Runemaster's tank pet. :D

You know, in mythology the cyclops were forge smithys, maybe there should be a cyclops forge in Mt. Wusao?

« Last Edit: 22 December 2017, 00:58:52 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: 22 December 2017, 08:07:15 »
Yeah, sort of coming around to that way to go BG.  Most of my current playlist of toons are in LoC and if I leave them lanquishing it won't get me further along in trying to complete the Class Completion challenge.  Yeah, I could start some new masteries/classes, but that just makes the playlist longer.  I'd really like to finish off what I have at the moment before adding new ones.  I've already added a Runesmith and Trickster with the new Rune mastery to the list. Best to dig in with my current toons and move them along before any more GD/Crate playtesting arrives to derail me again.  ;)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: 22 December 2017, 10:14:49 »

You know, in mythology the cyclops were forge smithys, maybe there should be a cyclops forge in Mt. Wusao?

Would be cool, and the entrance could be a secreat door :P

About runemaster summons , maybe it could have a nordic druid caster ( sort of ranged,  our dual thrower weapon type)

edited 2: willl be any a insect nest dungeon in act 2 :) ?
« Last Edit: 22 December 2017, 10:26:25 by sauruz »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: 22 December 2017, 16:56:58 »
I am making the first tomb in VoK host to a really hard giant green scorpion miniboss. Also, act two spiders are harder than act 3's.

What did you have in mind, sauruz?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: 22 December 2017, 17:04:15 »
What i have in mind , is some kind of dungeon, maybe in the manticore cave in fayum, could be extended our have small path that lead into another lvl, that lvs got full of beetles, maggots, antlions, formicids, all kind of underground scarry fiends, and for a final hero/boss is a BroodMother, that summons lots insects to batle at her side.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal