Author Topic: Pantheon Mod - Development  (Read 268661 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: Deities Mod - Early Development
« Reply #45 on: 26 November 2017, 18:25:35 »
I'm taking a break from v2. Gonna have to start over since the new expansion just to extract and add the new game map.

You have stumbled on a problem I have faced myself.

Onslaught needs to be the basic attack skill in the Skill Configuration/ attakcSkillName slot to function right so you can't have the basic attack skill AND Onslaught in the Skill Configuration/ attackSkillName slot. Hmm.

Here's a couple ways around that problem.

Create and equip a levelled series of weapons that do the damage for the pet and equip them. This is how I did the shield for Armored Spirit.

Another way I've used is simply add the damage to the Character/handHitDamageMin and Max like Nature's Wolves or Coredweller have in vanilla. This is the style I use for my Magma Sprites that have an Onslaught type skill.

Having the Onslaught skill without any player skill points in it is fine, the damage will default to to the base so no worries. It won't stop the pet from attacking, it will just fallback automatically to default attack.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #46 on: 26 November 2017, 21:52:23 »
The leveled weapons idea is tempting. But you said before there is a problem with invisible meshes in multiplayer. I'll have to attach them to the creature mesh an make 20 different meshes. And i dont know how to do it yet...
I'll do the handhit for now. The current spartoi weapons are just for looks and do 0 dmg anyway.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: 27 November 2017, 01:30:56 »
Yeah, that's the method I use.

But just as an idea, attach the cool weapon mesh to the creature mesh with MeshView as an attachment to a renamed CLONE of R Hand, then equip the pet with invisible weapons. :-)

EDIT: Quick question, would it be possible to make a wraith mesh an armor and equip a skeleton with it? Like a skeleton with transparent skin over it?
« Last Edit: 27 November 2017, 21:48:05 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: 27 November 2017, 23:37:36 »
Probably, if they are the same size. The "armor" will copy the skeleton animation. Cant say for sure untill i try it tho.
Btw, I haven't forgotten i promised you to make rakshasas.. but lately this modding thing is sucking the life out of me, lol. All I was able to do today was to finish the draft for Hephaestus skill tree. I updated the post on first page. I totally stole your sling trap from Demigods, its an awesome idea.
Edit: I tried making skeleton in both a wraith an a shade, but the animation didnt overlap perfectly and it doesnt look good :/
« Last Edit: 28 November 2017, 14:30:06 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: 28 November 2017, 17:21:13 »
Yeah, it really can suck the life out of you. Haven't opened ArtManager in weeks now.

Plus just had a client decide they want to redesign their website and I know they'll come back with "just flip a switch to do it" right? It's just so easy!  Man, it's crazy how people think it's like swiping on a mobile phone. I mean, it would be fair if it wasn't entirely custom and one of the newer plug and play type CMS's but man...

Thanks for trying with that skelly thing, I really liked the idea of the gelatinous skeleton lol, but by now I am pretty used to disappointment with TQ modding :-D

And I don't remember the sling traps, that was a long time ago. I never would have noticed it lol

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: 28 November 2017, 19:45:17 »
Your idea was good. If I had the knowledge of Tamchi, probably would succeed.

This is the problem:

Best i can do is delete the skull and the textures which go outside, from ribcage and down everything fits good.
And just a funny picture:
« Last Edit: 03 November 2018, 16:46:30 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: 29 November 2017, 01:19:24 »
Aughh <sobs> SO CLOOOOSE!! lol

But isn't that first image CREEPY?! I LOVE IT!

I suppose since the outer mesh is armor you could play with the scale there in the Actor Variables. Maybe make the outer mesh like 1.15 or something?

And I just want to thank you for trying, you do good work! :D

EDIT: Yeah, you could make a HELMET for the head and armor fot eh body MWA HA HA!

EDIT2: Also: maybe make the skeleton animation the NPC Ghost animation?
« Last Edit: 29 November 2017, 01:35:23 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
  • Sometimes you just gotta march on Mount Olympus.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
« Reply #52 on: 29 November 2017, 03:21:25 »
What's going on in the last image LOL
Your inventory is full *Plays intense game of tetris*
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: 29 November 2017, 04:11:34 »
Well, i tried both things - change animation and mess around with the scale... also tied to make the skeleton the armor and fit it inside the body. Maybe if there is a way to add a separate animation for armors...
I can send you the files or meshdata, whichever you prefer. You might think of something i havent.

What's going on in the last image LOL

The satyr shaman had a surprise from behind ;)
« Last Edit: 29 November 2017, 04:20:52 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: 29 November 2017, 13:27:35 »
Finally finished the mesh adjustments for vanilla maenads. They can wear most helmests now, greaves still cause sone clipping, but fit the leg better than before:

[missing]

Even satyr hood doesnt look too bad :):

[missing]

Here is Mesh data for the Maenads:

AttachPoint
{
    name   = "Lower Body"
    origin = (0.007000, -0.033000, -0.066000)
    xAxis  = (1.050000, 0.000000, 0.000000)
    yAxis  = (0.000000, 1.000000, 0.110000)
    zAxis  = (0.000000, 0.000000, 1.060000)
}
AttachPoint
{
    name   = "Upper Body"
    origin = (0.000500, 0.000000, 0.011500)
    xAxis  = (1.011500, 0.000000, 0.000000)
    yAxis  = (0.000000, 1.000000, 0.000000)
    zAxis  = (0.000000, 0.000000, 1.011500)
}
AttachPoint
{
    name   = "Head"
    origin = (0.002200, 0.022000, 0.002200)
    xAxis  = (1.04400, 0.000000, 0.000000)
    yAxis  = (0.000000, 1.004000, 0.000000)
    zAxis  = (0.000000, 0.000000, 1.033000)
}

I'm having trouble making a proxy in Egypt to spawn my variant of Bastet Minions. Tried yesterday to just copy all the Bast proxy data from LoC, but they just dont want to appear. Clearly the gods of modding doesnt allow cheating. Also tried to edit Character.tpl and changed DefaultHeadpiece variable to array, hopin there can be some way the char can randomize starting hair. Not working either, character just equip the first hair in the list :(
« Last Edit: 03 November 2018, 16:48:44 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: 29 November 2017, 18:14:23 »
Are you including the game map in your mod? Then you just create a proxy file, add pools to it and add it to the map.

If not, then I can walk you through the proxy thing.

In the game map are the proxies and you can see them if you extract and decompile the game map, add it as a custom mod (no need to build) and open it in the editor.exe. Select a proxy and you can read the file path to the proxy in question on the editor window bar at the bottom left of the window.

In ArtManager go to the proxy that you selected.

In the Proxy Config tab of the proxy file make sure the chanceToRun is 100 or blank as it defaults to 100 if left blank.
placemnetExtents is the distance in meters the monsters spawn from the proxy location in the map.

Expand the Proxy Tables tab. THe Normal/Epic/Legendary tabs are for proxy pool entries. If you leave EPic and Legendary tabs empty, EPic and Legendary difficulty will use the Normal listed proxy pools for spawns. Also, having a pool in Normal and Epic, legendary will default to Epic if there is no Legendary proxy pool

Select the Normal tab in Proxy Tables. The pool1 is a slot for a file path to a proxy pool file. THe weight is the weight, you know. You can only add 6 proxy pools for any one proxy per difficulty sadly.

The proxy pool file is where the actual monster files are listed. In the pool file Pool Config is the spawn amounts and chance for Champions. If there is a chance for a Champion, make sure you have a monster file path in one of the slots in the Champion Pool tab. Otherwise, place your trash mob monster file paths in the Pool tab slots and add a weight to each one.

So the chain of paths is Monster File -> Proxy Pool File -> Proxy File.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: 29 November 2017, 18:53:33 »
Are you including the game map in your mod? Then you just create a proxy file, add pools to it and add it to the map.
Which one is better? I have 0 experience with maps and im not sure. After trying Ragnarok, im seriously considering to not include the new areas. I know most people will not be happy, but tbh Ragnarok breaks the old TQ feeling for me. And the mod will be about Greek gods, not Norse. The new meshes and materials from Ragnarok however will definetly be in. If i ever learn how to make maps, i would include more areas closer to Greece, like Phrygia, Thrace, Scythia and expand ancient Babylon. But these are just my dreams, lol.
If i include the old map, will it break many paths in the database? Or maybe i should turn back and start building over plain Anniversary?

« Last Edit: 29 November 2017, 19:01:55 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: 29 November 2017, 20:21:46 »
IMO you should skip adding the map for now. If you think database and assets suck the life out of you...hoo, boy! Consider how long to add just the town of Helos. I mean, every chicken is carefully placed.

Besides, you can add it to the mod later if you want to and no harm done.

I was only suggesting that knowing which proxy is which in the ArtManager is so much easier when you can see the proxy avatar in the Editor. I used the editor to look around in the game map extensively when making LoC, it just saves time when trying to add monsters.

But if you don't have the map decompiler, I could create a MEGA link.

Also, if you just add all game proxy pools to your mod's database, you could guess where you add the new monsters by adding them where certain monsters spawn in game...say for example Hyenabeasts. Just track down the hyenabeast proxies and add the Bast proxy monster pool files to that proxy. Either replace the hyenabeast file paths or add the new ones under them.

You still have to make Bast proxy pool files and fill it with the monster paths, but it's not really hard. Just time consuming. Like most modding is :D

EDIT: To answer about the new areas/map: skip it for now. Your masteries are the hardest part IMO, getting those right is pretty powerful. And I don't think the new map or areas would break anything, I mean, the devs would have had to go back  to the original map and mess around with the file paths/proxies and honestly, I don't think anyone would want to pay for that when it doesn't add any value to the gameplay :D
« Last Edit: 29 November 2017, 20:28:02 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: 29 November 2017, 20:37:14 »
Thanks, i'll stay to the current map then. I easy switch my focus on other stuff, which doesnt help.

I made some new effects and textures for spartoi and warbanner, to be more in the fiery/bloody theme of Ares:

[missing]

I'll try making the proxies tomorrow, now im doing new effects. Already did the battle rage + all battlerages from the inside folder, which apperaed to do nothing :/
I' add them to some of the modifiers maybe, now sure which yet.
« Last Edit: 03 November 2018, 16:50:07 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
  • Sometimes you just gotta march on Mount Olympus.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
« Reply #59 on: 29 November 2017, 23:06:46 »
I like the blood-like effects you have for the Ares class.
Your inventory is full *Plays intense game of tetris*
Spoiler for Hiden:

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal