Author Topic: [Survey] How do you play Titan Quest  (Read 14286 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline oldage

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [Survey] How do you play Titan Quest
« Reply #30 on: 26 August 2018, 00:06:33 »
I agree with Medea, the throw knives while nice are no match for a bow. I lost everything to IPersist, so I did a refresh and lost every thing. Started playing Croc's Avenger, was playing with a low  level bow. Found a loaded throwing hatchet, was moving along fine until I met Polyphemos. Because I had too get close, I was stunned and had my butt handed to me. Went back to try again, he didn't stop at the end of the bridge this time but kept coming. He chase me around until I crossed the bridge and headed for the beach. Never did kill him. I wont make that mistake again.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Mook

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #31 on: 26 August 2018, 00:41:43 »
I like left and right skill, (a strong attack and a disable), maybe one "free" passive, and more with a small energy maintenance cost and/or need to renew. Say three more active skills, including the heavy powered ones for bosses/ high end groups. (I love Guild Wars 1 which tends to use almost a  full hand of active skills, including energy management ones.)
I liked trying for a special pet build, with damage on both sides (champion wolves) , but haven't really fancied using them (yet) on my other builds.  I like each one to be completely different. Same with weapons, I'm thinking I shouldn't have made a choice there on your survey, though I did.

I'm curious to know what do you mean about a "free" passive?

Actually, I'm getting mixed up between passive like volativity, and sustained like earth enchantment. So I suppose I prefer some cost, most of the time, either set it and forget it or the boss-killers.
In practice though, I never look a passive gift horse in the mouth.

And I agree about knives and bosses, though maybe it's something that needs practice. Either long range or close up seemed the only way to go with Polyphemos. (heh, I meleed him to death on with my epic stonespeaker, saving the lives of two soldiers. Encouraged by that , my fledgling hoplite stuck close and took him down.)
« Last Edit: 26 August 2018, 00:51:47 by Mook »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #32 on: 26 August 2018, 03:03:34 »
Ah, I see.

Well in the survey, Volativity would be considered a passive and Earth Enchantement an aura.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #33 on: 09 October 2018, 15:40:28 »
A special thanks to everyone who answered the survey!

As nargil66 figured earlier, I might go for a mastery mode, and the data acquired will be very valuable! I'm unsure if I will actually make it to the end, as it is going to take a while to finish. But if it ever has to happen, I will let you know.

Anyways, thanks everyone!

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal