Author Topic: "Machine Gun Fingers" - Knife Thrower Assassin Build (physical caster / pets)  (Read 5909 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?

desperately tries to avoid cheesy items
fails

One of the forgotten characters I have, because even though the performance is smooth and it has no multiplayer issues, it is kind of uninspired, especially when you look at the items. I liked the idea itself (phys knives), but it's not overly fascinating to play. Alas I'm still sharing it here, alongside the rest. Physical damage comes from 3 sources here: banner, battle rage, rage of ares relic. The basic idea is pretty straightforward: standard  -> blade barrier - > onslaught -> knives;  it is working as intended, but again, it's completely reliant on the most op skill, it just seems like the most efficient way to play warfare (max recharge). I don't want to make it sound like it's all bad, it is strong after all, just not in my favourites, and I wasn't able to switch the items around to at least make it visually look interesting x>
I'm not using traps too often, mostly on really big groups or bosses, it's simply too many things to cast before the real deal starts, I'd rather not waste this time and possibly get shredded.

The only thing you really need with such a build, except for defensive capabilities, is -80% recharge and +4 rogue. Attack speed is desired to charge onslaught faster, but the skill can be omitted completely, one could just get more physical % from items, but let's not forget onslaught also grants some cool debuffs and resistances, so I'd still stay with that. Pet gear for warriors / traps could be a worthwhile investment, but I'd still prefer to keep it a mostly-pure knife thrower. ADCTH could be switched for dot leech, and I believe it would still work beautifully, on both knives and blade barrier.

Performance in 6-players diff: 8/10
Fun meter: 5/10 (kinda plain and cheesy, aside for charging onslaught)

Base Attributes:
1540 hp
660 ep
286 str
50 int
334 dex

Skill tree - Rogue:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Skill tree - Warfare:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Items:
Spoiler for Hiden:

MI / Upgraded:
Tracker's Hood (pierce res; pierce retaliation)
Mantle of Sa'jun (poison res; armor protection)
Golden Shield of Pelaron (juggernaut's; health)
Stonebinder's Cuffs (of alacrity)

6-players difficulty, Fields of Diadochi, Undead Typhon:

6-players difficulty, Ichthian Fjord:

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal