Author Topic: About elemental builds in general...  (Read 5111 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline adelheid

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
About elemental builds in general...
« on: 31 December 2018, 12:05:41 »
I'm currently levelling a pyromancer and have no plans to choose a second mastery, going as far as I can with this state. This is also the 1st time that I'm putting my mind to build an elemental /DoT build and I dont know much of the "rules" in combining damage. I have some questions that will help me establish the framework of how to build as such:

1. Earth Enchantment and its passive Brimstone -- how exactly does it affect my active skills+lmb and corey's normal attack+wild fire

2. Does flat fire and flat burn damage from equip and weapons affect my active skills?

3. The most direct question: How does ele stacking and dot stacking work? (Yes, I know that dot from multiple attack instances just override or whichever the stronger dot gets to remain on the target)

Please dont hold back, TQ masters -- I can very well understand long-winded explanations.

Thank you in advance and happy new year to everyone!
« Last Edit: 09 January 2019, 02:30:26 by adelheid »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline adelheid

• Visitor
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
Re: About elemental builds in general...
« Reply #1 on: 24 January 2019, 12:16:44 »
Bumpity bump

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2019, 00:22:04 »
eh still no answer.. ok

1)Earth Enchantment is %fire.. brimstone is %physical.. %fire boosts any flat fire damage you have both from spells and weapon attacks.. yes it will buff the core dweller as well

2) what do you mean by active skills? like VO, eruption, flame surge? if so, no

3) since AE, %ele damage now boosts ele DoT

advanced tips: it bothers me that it seems you are planning your char to be spells + staff attacks.. it only works very early game but later on if you push with that strategy, it's a recipe for disaster.. staff attacks become laughable later on and since you also need life steal and high attack speed for that.. uhhh just no.. just go for CDR and cast speed.. all this changes if you pick spirit as 2nd mastery (ternion)

were you perhaps planning on buffing your Core Dweller as well as your spells? ughh no.. one has to go.. I'm not saying you shouldn't put any points on Core Dweller, i just mean put a few points on it but don't buff it with pet items.. except if you want a dedicated petmaster.. for that you equip pet jewelries (preferably 3) and sacrifice mage items
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #3 on: 25 January 2019, 05:38:56 »
1- Earth Enchanment and Brimstone buff all your physical and Fire attack by that %boost dmg in the note, the flat Burn is only for direct hit of heroes and pets.
2- Flat FIre and Burn dmg from weapons & equip affect those skill which using weapon attack( like Thunder Strike of Rune, Take Down of Hunting,...), other skill( like Volcanic Orb, Eruption) not.
3- Not sure but my Brigand using weapon attack that poison dmg from Envenom Weapon and Poison bonus from Relics add to weapon stacks.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #4 on: 26 January 2019, 21:15:01 »
Did you choose your second mastery ?

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal