Author Topic: Complexities of Playing a Hybrid  (Read 2361 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Complexities of Playing a Hybrid
« on: 28 June 2019, 01:00:50 »
don't ask me why i wrote this. it was just a whim of the moment. also pls understand that i lack enough playtime since Atlantis, so my info might be a bit outdated

First of all, i hope this doesn't discourage people from playing hybrids. Playing hybrids can be very rewarding, from fun meter to sense of accomplishment

People might have different definitions of hybrids. Mine is either raising all main 3 attributes (str,dex,int), or equipping a bunch of requirement reduction items to allow you to equip items meant for the opposite playstyle.

The very first thing that people might see in hybrids is the difficulty in distributing stat points. But actually, that is the simplest of your problems. In reality, hybrids have layers upon layers of problems. Equipping lots of requirement reduction does not make it any simpler. In legendary, you might end up lacking in resists, or all skills or something. Just from my experience, it is better to limit requirement reduction items to 1 to 2 items, then spending a few points on stats just enough to equip items

Getting your stats to 400+/400+/400+ early legendary is actually quite easy. Just a symbol of the polymath and some careful stat spending can get you there. Adding a hale ring can get it to 500+/400+/400+. Not that you need those stats to be a hybrid but having those stats practically suggests your char is a hybrid. But that is not the only problem. With those stats, are you sure your damage will be fine? it's easier for petmasters but what if you're not a petmaster? I'm not sure how people address this but for me, it is total damage and/or resistance reduction. But then, you will likely face another problem and that is usually resists, all skills, or CDR. Increasing damage does not mean you are allowed to sacrifice survivability. Also, because you spent all/most of your points on str,dex,int, you have to get additional health from items. And considering hybrids are gear dependent already, well... adding a problem to another problem just creates more problems. Then assuming you have addressed all these problems already, you still have to compare how it performs compared to your 2-stat builds. Because let's face it, if your hybrid pales in comparison, then why build a hybrid at all? Fun maybe? But let's see how fun it is dying a hundred times just trying to get past Dragonian mobs. Let's be real, if your hybrid is not at least as good as your 2-stat builds, you might as well declare it a failure. Not that it's bad, failure is good in these types of games :)

Many times while i was trying to gear my characters, i was like: "alright, I'll equip tunic of the magi for resists, archmages clasp and trackers hood for CDR, aaaaannd it's done. oh crap no all skills." Take 2: "vestment of the overlord in favor of tunic of the magi, boots of freyja to make up for the resists, aaaannd low DA." Take 3: "priams gate and talisman of the jade emperor for resists and DA, aaaand no total damage." It's one thing if you have lots of OP items like Aionios, demonskin walkers, complete set of freyja. I don't have those

With all these problem solvings, it's like a riddle. But once you solve all these, assuming you get good resists, +4 to all skills, 80% CDR, with enough survivability and damage, maybe even dishing long range spells then finishing those that survive with your weapon, you probably see why it's rewarding. It is sugar, spice, and everything nice :)
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline BeRad

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Complexities of Playing a Hybrid
« Reply #1 on: 30 June 2019, 12:54:40 »
Hi botebote77,

I hear you! When a hybrid works it's just so satisfying.

I have found that the extra 16 levels you gain in the skill trees since Atlantis came out makes hybrids much easier to manage.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal