Author Topic: Things that you want to see on this forum in 2018  (Read 35863 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Things that you want to see on this forum in 2018
« on: 27 December 2017, 20:36:13 »
I believe how this forum has enough features for everyone to enjoy using it, but maybe we can get more ideas for you to make it be improved all the time. Personally I like to see changes all the time, or some new things, action. Post your ideas here and lets see what can be done. Ideas can be about everything.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
  • Sometimes you just gotta march on Mount Olympus.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
Re: Things that you want to see on this forum in 2018
« Reply #1 on: 28 December 2017, 00:30:10 »
More people  O0
Your inventory is full *Plays intense game of tetris*
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #2 on: 28 December 2017, 00:47:54 »
i was going to say builds/guides section but what Typhon said is correct.. but how to pull in more people? i have a suggestion.. make a weekly channel in multiplayer for TQ members of this site.. people don't have to play.. they can just chat and show their toons.. the title should always be the same and should be reflective of this site.. that way players will get curious and they might join the channel leading them to join this site.. the downside is only 8 players can join a channel so maybe 2 channels or hopefully more might be needed
« Last Edit: 28 December 2017, 01:34:30 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
  • Sometimes you just gotta march on Mount Olympus.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
« Reply #3 on: 28 December 2017, 01:26:32 »
But then again we could have a Steam group as well.
Your inventory is full *Plays intense game of tetris*
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 28 December 2017, 01:36:05 »
i don't have steam.. i still think it's a good idea
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 28 December 2017, 17:22:03 »
We are getting people almost everyday, thats a win for us.

And i agree i think we need get some kind of class discussion around here, like batlemage,dragon hunter, Thane, soothsayer and go on.

About the masteries mod classes, i guess some will be empty for ever, since its just a small % group of people playing it, and not sure if work on new expac.

Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 28 December 2017, 18:28:56 »
i was going to say builds/guides section but what Typhon said is correct.. but how to pull in more people? i have a suggestion.. make a weekly channel in multiplayer for TQ members of this site.. people don't have to play.. they can just chat and show their toons.. the title should always be the same and should be reflective of this site.. that way players will get curious and they might join the channel leading them to join this site.. the downside is only 8 players can join a channel so maybe 2 channels or hopefully more might be needed
Can you be more specific about your vision of builds/guides? Also weekly channel where? I personally never played this game online, nor multiplayer, so can't give comments on that, but if you can lead that, go organize it with other members. Also don't forget 1 thing, we have discord which can be often sometimes and also live chat on forum.

But then again we could have a Steam group as well.
Ok, so my point of view on things here:
1. We are going fine for now, new members are joining often, this can be better and it require time to happen.
2. Global rules for forums: good content, good leadership, active admins and moderators, following the rules, all the time improvements and communication, events, active chat, respecting members (we have calm and friendly community), games and competitions/game related or something offtopic, activities on social networks, new ideas all the time from everyone, active offtopic areas, silent way of advertising forum, simple text on other forums/link which leads to forum/posts or topics on other forums about what's going on here so people can see how something is going on, but never aggressive way of advertising, only indirect showing.

So I'm using discord, will be too much for me to use steam as well, but you guys can create it. Also create Titan Quest Fans group on facebook and on other places.

As much we have new topics and info about this game, that much we will get activities in return. So its up to everyone. Anyway things should go better because most of people are getting scared when they see hosting service name in the middle of domain.

The best SEO for any forum is good content, and we have all that we need, involved people from previous forum which is very precious.
« Last Edit: 28 December 2017, 18:35:16 by efko »
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 29 December 2017, 11:24:03 »
As for the builds/guides I have Poinas' Pwning with Spirit and Irma2's Bown Charmer which I'll add into the IT section.  Fozzie's Bladeflinger as well.  I think these will build up slowly as more people find the forum and start adding their own builds/guides for IT and AE/R.  As sauruz said some of the IT mods will probably not attract too much attention since they're not viable with the AE/R version of the game.  Others like Legion of Champions have versions for both IT and AE/R so may see more acitivity. 

But more members are the main thing.  Once people find us and join I think the rest will follow.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Malgardian

• Spectre
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 29 December 2017, 14:24:47 »
I think the most straightforward way to gain more members is to provide content (like guides) here that can be linked to in other places like the Steam forums. This brings people here that might stick around for the rest.

Having a bounce from the old titanquest.net URL (or even using it outright) might be great as well (if it's available by now) as there's still people finding old links to the old forum everyday.

Creator of the Patchfix for Fanpatch 1.17

~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~
Going Postal - Terry Pratchett

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 30 December 2017, 10:36:49 »
How about we add guides on top before logout/register?

https://imgur.com/tgG4u84

Then under that, we add subcategories like so

https://imgur.com/9gX08Gs

Then if we can somehow link the guides to steam/gog forums..
« Last Edit: 30 December 2017, 10:41:11 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 30 December 2017, 11:47:04 »
botebote77, in that form is not possible to be done, but we can make it through custom bbc is one option, or custom HTML page (or maybe custom PHP - I'm not programmer, so 1 from these two things is second option). So with custom page and button inside, we can make some kind of MENU which can be helping hand for people to find what they are searching for.
I'm not sure if we can link forum to them, only via posting links which leads them to this forum - if they approve such action. For linking forums permission is necessary from both sides and they have to accept us as official place for all TQ lovers, so ask their admins how the things are.
About Ragnarok, it depends from all of you. We can have more dedicated boards just for that, but for now I didn't see any need for that since its under AE boards.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 30 December 2017, 12:14:38 »
well it doesn't have to be sub-menu.. i just mean that it's what will appear if one clicks on guide. (is adding guides on top not possible? when i click wiki it leads me nowhere.. is it not possible to replace it with guides?)

for mastery builds, ragnarok has to be included because AE has no rune mastery.. but it doesn't have to be in a seperate category that's why i made it titan quest anniversary/ragnarok

for steam/gog link, i just thought of it because of what malgardian said but i honestly don't know how it can be done
« Last Edit: 30 December 2017, 12:43:24 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 30 December 2017, 12:50:26 »
Would be nice if we could highlight a part of our post and link the URL to a "specific word"for example.
this reduces the "clutter." in posts.
Would be nice also if we had a simpler way to do bullet points and numeric listing. The way it works is kinda funky...

Very convenient when making guides. Sometimes I find myself spending more time formatting than actually writing content.
« Last Edit: 30 December 2017, 14:39:42 by gasconron »
xmax hardcore is the only way to play this game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 30 December 2017, 14:17:41 »
Can't see the point of moving all the stuff further up.  It's easy enough to find now.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 30 December 2017, 16:37:41 »
i think it's a mess.. i think it's better if it's more organized.. if it's not on top, it has to be all in one place.. that way if we can indeed link it to other forums, one click of link and they see them all.. that will make them want to join more

me, i still like it in one place because i like reading guides.. not that i follow them but i see guides as a way of sharing ideas.. as long as I've played this game, i feel there are things i still yet to discover
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal