Author Topic: BeRad's Ranger of Pwnage Guide  (Read 6821 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Online Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
BeRad's Ranger of Pwnage Guide
« on: 13 August 2018, 10:58:21 »
ust a few quick notes that may help:
I am interested in hearing CONSTRUCTIVE criticism for the build.
This build does not make your Ranger a tank, if you think you can follow this and then run up to Hades and stand still for even a second you are in the wrong place. This character is very mobile and relies on distraction and speed to stay alive. He also works well in multi-play with tanks that are happy to charge in and take the heat while you rain death from a distance.
I use potion stacking mod in defiler. I don’t think this really changes the game at all as I only carry a max of 20 potions at once anyway.
I also use TQ vault for storing all my lovely loot and I unashamedly will change the bonus on a relic to suit my needs before attaching it to my armour.
Rings and amulets aren’t mentioned in this guide neither are artefacts. I have changed these so much through out my game that I cant really suggest a specific one to look for other than if you find a ring that adds to dex and piercing its probably worth keeping.
I will farm for an MI sometimes for hours to get it to drop legitimately with no unique chance mods on. I then justify going to the shopMI map and buying the same MI with the prefixes and suffixes that I want. I cant be bothered farming revenant plate for weeks just to find the ‘perfect’ one. If you consider that cheating then so be it.
Stat allocation for this class is very simple, just 1:1 Strength and dex.
LVL 2
Choose Hunting for your starting mastery and find/purchase a decent bow and yellow or green armour as soon as you can.
LVL 8
Upon reaching level 8 you will probably be at Sparta which is a perfect place to farm for your first MI the Brigand Bow. Boar riders don’t show up around here very much but if you are determined to get an OP bow early in the game this is the first location that you will likely be able to find it.
Just load, run around looking for boar riders and Pillagers (they have a fire effect on their attack) kill them, look for a green brigand bow on the ground, rinse and repeat. Statistically, after killing about 300 you should have a Brigand bow. I personally like to farm around the Crisaeos Falls area for this (just past the blacksmith).

When it comes to your skills place 2 points on the tree and 1 point per level goes to marksmanship, wood lore and drop 1 point on AotH your skills should look something like this…
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Ranger&master1=4&master2=7&sa=7&m1=0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=14-0-0-3-3-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0
LVL 17
By level 17 your hunting tree should be full yay! As you have gone up in levels you should drop 1 point on to Study prey(RMB), puncture shot, scatter shot, find cover and trail blazing with 4 points on volley and another point on wood lore.
Like this…
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Ranger&master1=4&master2=7&sa=1&m1=0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-0-0-4-3-1-0-0-0-0-0-1-1-0-1-0-1-0-0-1-4-0-0
LVL 25
By now you should be on the fourth tier of the nature tree with 1 point on heart of oak (gives you more speed and health). wood lore and volley should be maxed and marksmanship should be 6/12.
If you are not in act II yet you are probably nearly there. boss Fights will still be tricky with this toon as he will need to ‘kite’ bosses to avoid getting hit using study prey to soften them up a bit when you do manage to hit them.
Your toon should also be sporting their second MI the Stonebinders cuffs, these can drop from big gorgons like the 3 gorgon sisters or the fire, venom or blue ones, there is a great place to farm in the Minoan Labyrinth here…

With those Stonebinder Cuffs equipped you will now have +1 to all skills meaning every skill that has just 1 point on it will now have 2 when you wear these handy things.

Assuming you are now in act 2 and have killed the beast of legend your skills should look like this (when not wearing +skill items).
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Ranger&master1=4&master2=7&sa=3&m1=16-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-0-0-6-6-2-1-0-0-0-0-1-1-0-1-0-1-0-0-1-6-0-0
I like to use herbal remedy for its boost to health regen and poison resistance. It lasts quite a long time and when it goes off just cast it on your toon again. This will hopefully reduce the amount of potions your toon will have to drink.
LVL 30
As you progress through act II you should stop at the Fayum oasis to farm your next MI the ‘Eldritch Bow’. the Demons holding bows riding hyenas drop these so farm Iznu into the ground until he finally yields this awesome bow to your greedy toon.

Nearer to the end of act II you will come to an area called The valley of Kings, this will be home for a long time for your toon as he farms Gilded Dead for Revenant Gear. As I said in another thread…
“Firstly, get xmax monsters; the more gilded dead the better so if you can wade through 15 or so GDs at a time I highly recommend xmaxing to save time on farming runs.
Secondly, farm at the Valley of the Kings; I found starting at the portal and working around anti-clockwise till Ramses tomb the most GD populated route. Finish your run with a run down Rameses tomb killing any GDs in the room on the left off the big room. I then like to go kill the telkine while I’m down there usually to take out my frustration at not finding any Revenant drops (again). lol. after this exit to menu and start again.
Thirdly, farm with a friend; it helps to make runs faster if one of you drop a portal before entering a tomb then when you get to the end just throw up a portal and jump back to the entrance. It saves so much time.
Additionally, playing with someone noticeably increases your chances of getting MIs to drop.
And finally, keep doing it over and over and over; eventually it will happen. I had done over 20 runs before getting my first legendary Revenant to drop.”
With a complete set of revenant armour you should be sporting a whopping +4 to all skills making everything with just one point now have 5 that’s a 400% return on your skill point investment. Additionally, your volley and woodlore will be 4 points over max (I call it mega-Max).

It will now be a cake walk to act IV.
In boss fights use your monster lure to distract while you use study prey to tear your foes undies out through their nose.
Now that you are level 30 you should be finished building both skill trees. from now on you get to use all 3 points on skills JOY!
Assuming you are now in act III your skills should look like this…
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Ranger&master1=4&master2=7&sa=5&m1=32-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-0-0-6-6-2-1-0-0-0-1-2-1-0-1-0-1-0-1-1-6-0-0
LVL 35
You should be at the start of act IV now. Time to farm for another MI namely the Bramblewood Bow. I like to farm Soronis and Tsakonian Ruins areas for a good one as there are many Anourians around there.

Now that you are level 35 your skills should look like this…
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Ranger&master1=4&master2=7&sa=5&m1=32-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-0-0-6-6-2-1-0-0-0-1-2-6-0-2-0-3-0-1-6-6-0-0-0
LVL 40
Now you should be at the end of act IV and the proud owner of a crystal of erebus which hopefully has +1 to all skills (if your doesn’t just change it in TQ Vault) this creates a slight dilemma as maxed skills can only go 4 points past the ceiling to reach mega-max that means any skills we have maxed are now wasting a point, time to visit a mystic.
I like to remove all my items with +skills and then visit the mystic that way its easier to see what your skills really are, at this stage you should only have to shave a point off two or three skills to bring them 1 point below max. for example wood lore should now be 5/6 when not wearing armour.
Now that you are in Epic difficulty your Nature tree just became a lot more useful so after shaving a few points here and there invest 2 points in Call of the Wild which when wearing your gear should allow you to summon 2 wolves. additionally, drop a point on Permanence of Stone this will give your toon some much needed survivability against elemental assault.
If you feel like upgrading your bramblewood bow to a Epic Brigand Bow then go for it but I found that my Bramblewood was still dishing it out to everything in my path in act I epic.
Your skills should look like this…
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Ranger&master1=4&master2=7&sa=7&m1=32-0-2-1-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-0-0-5-8-4-1-0-0-0-1-5-8-0-4-0-5-0-1-8-5-0-0-0
LVL 45
By now you should be wearing a new set of stonebinders cuffs from epic difficulty giving you another +1 to all skills meaning your toon will have another round of point shaving from skills so that we can redistribute the points to our wolves and marksmanship skills.
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Ranger&master1=4&master2=7&sa=8&m1=32-0-2-1-0-1-1-0-1-1-0-0-0-0-1-2-0-2-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-0-0-4-10-10-1-0-0-0-1-6-9-0-4-0-5-0-1-9-4-0-0-0
LVL 50
as you progress through act II don’t forget to pick up a eldritch bow from Iznu and a new set of revenant gear. Unfortunately the gear still only sports +1 to all skills unless you find a Hallowed Revenant Crown which will have +2 on it. Don’t bother getting the gauntlets because the stone binders will give you more +skills. This extra point will send you back to the Mystic for yet another round of point shaving so that you skills should look like this…
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Ranger&master1=4&master2=7&sa=12&m1=32-0-11-2-0-1-4-0-1-1-1-0-0-0-2-5-0-5-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-0-0-3-9-9-1-0-0-0-3-5-9-0-5-0-3-0-3-9-3-0-0-0
Just as a side note it is important to remember that pet skills dont go to mega-max so at this point 5 points on Strength of the Pack will max it out.
LVL 55
By now your toon will be in act IV and hopefully well on their way to picking up a lovely Bramblewood Bow.
Advancing to this point has allowed us to start using Call of the Hunt and more importantly its synergy exploit weakness. Your 3 wolves should be howling a lot too. Boss fights will be pretty easy from now on, simply run in drop a monster lure, plague, Study prey and Call of the hunt then hit the boss with some arrows and watch him suffer.
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Ranger&master1=4&master2=7&sa=12&m1=32-0-11-9-0-1-5-0-1-1-1-0-0-0-3-5-0-5-0-0-0-0-0&m2=32-0-0-3-9-9-3-0-1-0-3-5-9-0-5-3-3-0-3-9-3-0-0-0
LVL 60
Welcome to legendary, You may need to sort out your relics to make sure you are at least close to zero in elemental and pierce resistances at the start. Poison wont really be a problem because herbal remedy take good care of that. Progress through making sure to pick up a nice Brigands Bow on your way through act I.
What is worth noting is that you should also collect a Legendary pair of Stone Binders Cuffs by the end of Act I adding yet another +1 to all skills bringing our total to +8, this does mean yet another round of point shaving at the mystic but not to fear, the mystic cost caps out at 45k and by this stage of the game you should have tens of millions thanks to all the junk sold off during the farming of MIs.
Your skill tree should now look like this…
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Ranger&master1=4&master2=7&sa=14&m1=32-0-12-8-0-4-4-0-8-4-2-0-0-8-2-4-2-4-1-0-2-0-0&m2=32-0-0-2-8-8-2-0-4-0-2-4-8-0-4-6-2-0-2-8-2-0-0-0
now you have a lot of maxed skills, a ridiculously tough monster lure 3 mega-max wolves running around as well as a Nymph with the ability to dump on bosses with your plague, study prey, call of the hunt and volley combo.
LVL 62 onwards
By level 62 your Build will be complete by applying the finishing touches to your Nymph to max her out.
Pick up another eldritch bow from Inzu and collect your final set of revenant gear (minus the gauntlets) which will consist of…
Revenant crown (hallowed) with a crystal of Erebus = +4to all skills
Revnant Plate = +2
Revnant Greaves = +2
which combined with our Legendary stone binders cuffs leaves us with +11 to all skills. Now its just rediculus it basicly means you can max every single skill in both trees and still have extra skills lying about so you can have a tree that looks like this…
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Ranger&master1=4&master2=7&sa=19&m1=32-9-9-5-1-1-1-9-5-1-1-5-1-9-1-1-1-1-5-1-1-0-0&m2=32-1-5-1-5-5-1-1-1-3-1-1-5-1-1-3-1-5-1-5-1-0-0-0
This however is a little silly because some skills are virtually useless to your Ranger namely detonate, take down and ensnair. You can quite easily replace the crystal of erebus with another relic that offers better resistances and still maintain a helthy +10 to all skills meaning you will have to focus a little more on the skills you will actually use. looking more like this…
http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?mastery=Ranger&master1=4&master2=7&sa=19&m1=32-10-10-6-2-2-2-10-6-2-1-6-2-10-1-2-2-2-6-2-2-0-0&m2=32-0-0-1-6-6-1-0-2-0-1-2-6-1-2-4-1-0-1-6-1-0-0-0
It should be a pretty easy march to defeating Hades from now on. As your character advances in level you will be able to shed more and more revnant gear and start replacing it with your favourite MI’s or purples.

Oh this’ll be fun…

“yes I have 3 balls, doesn’t everybody?”
The first thing to go for me was the Stone Binders Cuffs, I swapped them for Ismenes bracers found in act 4.
By level 75 you will only need +9 to all skills or +8 if you dont like briar ward
I just wanted to start a little note for alternative equipments as I have realised that not everyone is overly keen about farming for MIs constantly lol.
This guide is more like a ‘best case scenario’ guide, in reality it wasn’t till I hit legendary that I actually settled in for a month to farm revenant gear. Up till then I used a combination of greens, blues and purples.
Bandits Hood – one of the first epic items I used. I’m sure your thinking ‘but that’s for rogue mastery’ but even without the +to skills 45 armour and 20% more piercing damage at at level 10 still makes this item very useful for early game.
Charioteers Quiver – I used this epic armour all the way till act 4 normal, I found this item in a bone pile in act 2, it just pays to check every chest even if its just a measly bone pile.
Jungle root greaves – very handy epic with +skills to nature and some nice retaliation.
Tendon Ripper – This epic bow can be found in act 2 and will serve well all the way into act 4.
Teucers Warbow – I had this drop right at the beginning of Epic difficulty and I used it all the way up to act 4 where I replaced it with a Bramblewood Bow.
Druidic Wreath – I used this artefact for a long time mainly for the +to nature for getting 3 wolves out in epic.
-Guide by BeRad

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titan-quest-ranger-of-pwnage-build-guide/
« Last Edit: 13 August 2018, 11:09:00 by MedeaFleecestealer »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal