Author Topic: Weapons for my dualwielding spellbreaker  (Read 9270 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline FinestHour

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
Weapons for my dualwielding spellbreaker
« on: 31 August 2018, 17:17:51 »
So,I have little dilemma.Im on act 2 epic diff with dual wield spellbreaker.And i dont know should i use weapons with suffix "of reckless power"or "of harrowing".It shows that i have higher dps with reckless power sufix weapons.But of harrowing gives 12 % health reduction,and with necrosis its even better.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: Weapons for my dualwielding spellbreaker
« Reply #1 on: 31 August 2018, 18:57:27 »
Welcome to the forum.  :)

Dual wield?  Why not have one of each?  Or put the Reckless on one weapon slot and the Harrowing on the other.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 31 August 2018, 19:08:58 »
Are you playing Anniversary edition? If yes, harrowing does not work on bosses. It will work on normal mobs and will make you do more damage to them proportionally to their hp, but see for yourself if that is going to be of any help to you.

If you are playing Immortal Throne only then life reduction is very much worth it in conjunction with deathchill, mainly against bosses of course.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline FinestHour

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 31 August 2018, 21:01:17 »
Yeah,its anniversary edition.So even necrosis does not help against bosses?Cos if im right % health reduction is managed by vitality res.And u get like -89% vitality res on max lvl.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline FinestHour

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 31 August 2018, 21:04:24 »
Im sticking with my relentless swords of reckles power then

Not Yet Rated!

Offline kalimon

• Master of Spirit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #5 on: 01 September 2018, 11:03:06 »
Oh crud does Harrowing no longer work on Bosses with the AE? I've just started a Spellbinder with the aim of getting a Harrowing staff for Ternion....
AER/A Mobile Deathless x3:
Bleed caster Warlock / hybrid melee Oracle / caster Conjurer

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #6 on: 01 September 2018, 12:39:40 »
No, it got nerfed.  :(

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #7 on: 01 September 2018, 21:29:03 »
not only against bosses.. also against undeads and constructs
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline kalimon

• Master of Spirit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 02 September 2018, 17:43:50 »
No, it got nerfed.  :(

Arghhhh, what is the best prefix/suffix for a Ternion caster now, or should I just try and get a good blue or purple staff?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 02 September 2018, 18:59:00 »
Arghhhh, what is the best prefix/suffix for a Ternion caster now, or should I just try and get a good blue or purple staff?
Praxidikae.

I think you might want to check anniversary changelog or reexamine it if you seen it. Full text is here

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 02 September 2018, 20:21:42 »
resist reduction is still good.. ternion is still good at killing.. it's the survivability that could be a problem for ternion builds because staff is 2 handed.. and high armor is not enough for AE now.. even 1k DA is considered low now (if it's your main source of survivability).. so survivability should come from something else either life steal, a reliable tank, CCs, a combination of those, whatever

edit:
Spellbinder with the aim of getting a Harrowing staff for Ternion....
why did i notice this only now.. spellbinder is spirit + defense, correct? defense that uses a staff, how wonderful O0
« Last Edit: 02 September 2018, 22:06:28 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline kalimon

• Master of Spirit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 02 September 2018, 23:16:10 »
Praxidikae.

Yeah I spied Praxidikae when looking on TQ:DB, but it is a super rare drop from Legendary Hades and the only character I have anywhere near there is my Spear Haruspex who's just started Act II Legendary. I'm doing him now, but dreading farming Hades on Legendary.

it's the survivability that could be a problem for ternion builds because staff is 2 handed

Yeah I'm trying to make a turtle Spellbinder so I'm mixing my Attribute points to allow him to wear Strength armour, as well as having both the Liche King and the Outsider. Will good armour and the two pets with a Life Steal Ternion be enough to finish the game?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 02 September 2018, 23:46:08 »
Ternion spellbinder, omg. Don't use vitality without a useful secondary damage type from your other mastery by the way, or wolves or traps with pet jewellery. Vit damage cannot kill constructs so you need something else to deal with them. Electric burn as diviner. Fire as conjurer. Ternion spellbinder is madness for that reason by the way. Spirit says vitality, its what it can support the best, and your second class offers nothing to help it. Not even pets. Its for shield tanks and physical damage. Might be the least synergistic class in current game. Your best option would be Fingerbone of Boreas on swap, but even with that killing constructs or anything really would be very slow when you do not support cold damage with anything other than ~1000 intelligence. Oh wait, you won't even have that much int...

Yeah I'm trying to make a turtle Spellbinder so I'm mixing my Attribute points to allow him to wear Strength armour, as well as having both the Liche King and the Outsider. Will good armour and the two pets with a Life Steal Ternion be enough to finish the game?
And a staff? Finishing the game isn't anything difficult but this design just wants to fail :). Do you like challenge that much? Attribute requirements on items went up considerably so investing attribute freely is even much worse idea than it was before anniversary.

No, pets are not going to help you. link Outsider has nothing to help you with bosses though maxed he can cut down any mob in 2-3 hits. That can be useful in places like Yotunheim or Wusao, but he's on longest cooldown anyway. 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline kalimon

• Master of Spirit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 03 September 2018, 01:00:56 »
Ternion spellbinder, omg. Don't use vitality without a useful secondary damage type from your other mastery by the way, or wolves or traps with pet jewellery. Vit damage cannot kill constructs so you need something else to deal with them. Electric burn as diviner. Fire as conjurer. Ternion spellbinder is madness for that reason by the way. Spirit says vitality, its what it can support the best, and your second class offers nothing to help it. Not even pets. Its for shield tanks and physical damage. Might be the least synergistic class in current game. Your best option would be Fingerbone of Boreas on swap, but even with that killing constructs or anything really would be very slow when you do not support cold damage with anything other than ~1000 intelligence. Oh wait, you won't even have that much int...

And a staff? Finishing the game isn't anything difficult but this design just wants to fail :). Do you like challenge that much? Attribute requirements on items went up considerably so investing attribute freely is even much worse idea than it was before anniversary.

No, pets are not going to help you. link Outsider has nothing to help you with bosses though maxed he can cut down any mob in 2-3 hits. That can be useful in places like Yotunheim or Wusao, but he's on longest cooldown anyway.

fair point, to be honest i'm really not enjoying this build and i'm only level 20. is there any staff-using combo that is decent or is it just too much of a tradeoff?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 03 September 2018, 01:21:04 »
i think it's still salvageable but with shield.. even if you have invested a lot on int already, i bet a good weapon with a good vit damage + dreadful amulet of something can make a good enough hybrid.. but it's just lvl 20 so starting from scratch would be simpler and safer

what mammoth is saying is a diviner vit staff ternion
elemental ternions are still good (earth or storm)
heck even a physical ternion
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=62.0
but that was a half joke build  ;D
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal