Author Topic: Physical Damage Ternion  (Read 6007 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Physical Damage Ternion
« on: 11 November 2017, 13:48:03 »

that was dangerous facing machae archers while taking a screen shot  ;D

note: this toon and any unusual builds from here on out are created from blank characters. right now while I'm still waiting for the deities mod :)  ,  I'll just be on a quest to find the most absurd builds that surprisingly work. this is a joke build. i don't recommend this to anyone except those crazy enough looking for ridiculous builds  >:D
[update: my journey for ridiculous builds will be put on hold because of TQ:Ragnarok.. looks like it's just this one.. the HYPE is real]

Physical damage ternion (spirit/warfare)

As you might have guessed, this is a spellbreaker. Spirit so we'll have ternion, and warfare for the physical damage. Where do we get the physical damage? Battle standard

Battle standard (at ultimate max level) gives us 274 flat physical damage, just about on par with most legendary weapons. With 80%CDR, we can get battle standard and unearthly power up at all times. We can also spam war horn for CC and reduced armor. This might be one of the tankiest ternion users because of deathchill aura and permanent battle standard, as well as the high armor items we can wear because of high strength. Problem is we don't really hit and run because battle standard is stationary. As a result, attack damage converted to health becomes a necessity.

I actually find this difficult to equip probably because i can't wear a shield so that's one less item. Aside from the life steal, 80% CDR is also necessary as well as attack speed. Luckily, the two masteries we have can actually help with gear itemization. Battle Standard gives +1 to all skills so we can settle for just +3 to all skills from items. Spirit has circle of power and can help get our CDR to 80%. Circle of power is often ignored because of its small radius and it's also stationary. Well, this is a stationary ternion user because of battle standard. Of course we can still run if we have to escape certain death but most of the time when fighting, this is a stationary ternion user.

One downside of this is we often kill monsters before battle standard can be cast again. So what i do is get to the next mob, run back to battle standard, then fight again. Problem is i also leave circle of power. That makes getting CDR to at least 60% necessary in my opinion. This might've been a whole lot easier if i have tracker's hood. But i don't so circle of power to the rescue.

OK, i think you got this pictured out now. My skills:

https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/titancalc-anniversary-edition/TitanCalc4005.html?mastery=Spellbreaker&master1=2&master2=3&sa=0&m1=32-6-0-12-8-0-1-0-6-16-0-6-8-1-1-8-1-1-1-1-0-0&m2=32-0-0-0-0-8-0-10-0-0-10-0-0-0-0-6-0-6-0-0-1-0

Lots of unused skills i actually don't know where to put. Maybe Lich damage? But it could also easily go to ancestral warriors and/or outsider. Remember with 80% CDR, we could summon both more often.

Stat distribution is of course int and strength. Not much choice because staves have high int requirements and strength based armors have high strength requirements. Why do we need strength? Because we deal physical damage even though we use a staff. %Physical damage also helps and we mostly get that from strength based gears.

This is harder to make than the usual melee spellbreaker. Also much harder to equip than the mage haruspex (that was easy to equip). I can't even get my resists high so i had to keep other items like crosier of osiris and rings with high res for emergencies. Really gear dependant and stat distribution is tricky. But i will go on record and say that if done right, this is even more powerful than the melee version.

items i used:

weapon: leeching night mistress clutch of devouring enhanced with incarnation of valor of achilles (35% attack speed bonus)

helm: hallowed wreath enhanced with epic crystal of Erebus (15% pierce, elem, poison, vit res bonus)

ring 1: Socrates jewel of immortality enhanced with incarnation of monkey kings trickery (26% pierce res bonus)

ring 2: chirons loop

chest: cestus

arms: archmages clasp

amulet : sacred pendant enhanced with legendary raptor tooth (15% attack speed bonus)

artifact: symbol of the polymath with stun res bonus

greaves: athenas battle greaves

note: As with most ternion users, this is a great build to spread resistance reduction. Problem is because this is hard to equip, i can only settle for monkey kings trickery and the 6% chance from archmages clasp. Still does the job though.

update for ragnarok:

I made this pre-ragnarok meant as a half joke. But when i got my first physical damage staff in ragnarok (carnyx staff), i actually felt proud. I feel as though i foresaw it all lol. Now looking up at https://www.tq-db.net/ , i see there are 2? more physical damage staves. The base physical alone opens up more mastery choices. Also when trying carnyx staff, i found out it has a hidden attribute. Every attack is AoE and has 100% chance to pass through enemies. Now that sounds interesting for a ternion user. I haven’t found the other physical damage staves yet so i have no way of trying for now

Also, i’m sure anyone who’ve spent an ample time in act 5 has found at least 1 staff of the chosen. Notice the flat pierce and poison damage? (cough *apollo’s will* cough). lol I have no interest in trying new ternion users for now but hey anything’s possible
« Last Edit: 02 May 2018, 05:38:57 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
  • Sometimes you just gotta march on Mount Olympus.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
Re: Physical Damage Ternion
« Reply #1 on: 11 November 2017, 14:00:55 »
Interesting.  O0
Your inventory is full *Plays intense game of tetris*
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2017, 14:07:42 »
aw crap.. forgot onslaught doesn't work with staves.. I'll just have to make up with %physical damage from items
« Last Edit: 11 November 2017, 14:33:58 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 14 November 2017, 03:27:34 »
this is very tricky to equip.. i had to really think this through damnit

edit: Aphrodite's favor might've been better for this but i don't like the mind control.. staff of the magi is also better but i don't have the legendary version and the ones i have have shitty suffix)
« Last Edit: 14 November 2017, 07:37:49 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal