Author Topic: Concept: Traps and Poison Assasin  (Read 5122 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
Concept: Traps and Poison Assasin
« on: 13 August 2018, 22:20:14 »
I was trying to theorycraft some builds for rogue summoner that simultaneously uses some support attacks and came up with TitanCalc. This is supposed to be a character using 3 pet jewellery items and a throwing weapon, Gorgon's edge or winds of Asphodele (or both?). With Ismene's helm and/or Assasins set. Traps and poison for all mobs, battle standard as pet buff for harder challenges and ancestral horn angry mob for even harder ones.

It occured to me that rather than giving some attack to a summoner it offers something for a poison build to use on undead and constructs. Poison damage is not self-sufficient damage type and suffers high absorbtion on first ones and full on second ones. Physical damage on the other hand is almost universal, and only weak against ghosts.

I haven't played with poison seriously ever so not sure how much of its % boost is enough. 300% like on assasin set? With 700-1000 dexterity?

Next thing the build needs is reduced recharge for battle standard and ancestral horn. Jade Emperor should of course fit but what else can be used here? Golden shield of Pelaron? Odysseus armor? Both of these have zero resist, which combined with common rare rings won't make building a good resist pool easy.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Concept: Traps and Poison Assasin
« Reply #1 on: 13 August 2018, 23:30:12 »
i have the same character but different build.. same recharge battle standard traps idea though.. one thing i noticed is pre-ragnarok, it's very hard to equip if your stats are str+dex, i had to sacrifice some resists.. but with all these OP ragnarok items, it's possible now.. i had to sacrifice DA but whenever I'm under battle standard, I'm ok.. i still like it better than high DA but low recharge.. of course that means you have to play more carefully because if you forget to cast battle standard, you become squishy.. one thing i can guarantee: 3 pet jewelries (physical), and you won't need poison.. most of the time i don't even need to attack.. it's different from other trappers like illusionist because you usually throw traps away from you, but with assassin you cast traps near you so they get under battle standard.. battle standard gives high 200+ flat physical damage to traps and throwing knife and those are both rapid multi attacks

if you have marbod's mask and archmages clasp, it becomes easy to gear.. but if you have some of those OP ragnarok items, it's possible even without those 2.. I'll take a look at my toon in a few hours

edit: you need some cast speed for this build
« Last Edit: 13 August 2018, 23:38:30 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #2 on: 14 August 2018, 12:29:00 »
ok so I've looked at my toon.. i forgot my exact marbod's mask + archmages clasp setup so i just played around a bit

Spoiler for Hiden:

it's still good even though it only has 1 pet ring because i also attack with onslaught and throwing knife.. +3 all skills but battle standard makes it +4.. 80% CDR.. i might've put a few points on int but if i did, it's not more than 5 stat points.. my bleed res was on secondary.. no poison damage, just physical and pierce.

but i like to play my thunderer more so i gave it my archmages clasp.. this is the current setup of this char:

Spoiler for Hiden:

maybe it's easier if i equipped a shield but I'm adamant that this be a dual wielder

If you want closer to pure trapmaster, it's easier if you go str+int+dex, then requirement reduction like Odysseus Armor or Thoth's Glory.. I've tried this before with Mbutis Advocate + Shield + 2 or 3 pet jewelries

and you're right in maxing ancestral warriors in your titancalc because at 80% CDR, cooldown becomes just 1 minute so you can use it even against heavy mobs and it will still be ready when you get to bosses.. very useful in late legendary
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #3 on: 14 August 2018, 13:54:33 »
Damn there is a ring like that  :o And I do not have it. It would be a shame to make such build without one.

Looks like there is nothing for recharge in Ragnarok except https://www.tq-db.net/equipment/jormungandr-guards and jewellery. And they conflict with assasin set while not offering nearly enough %poison damage to be an alternative.

And what if I want poison anyway? Maybe its not set to be an assasin class too, and magican can work TitanCalc

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal