Author Topic: Titan Quest Bosses  (Read 9254 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Titan Quest Bosses
« on: 28 April 2019, 15:59:14 »
What your opinion about Bosses ? Any special detail you would like to see ? Specially in Greek ones

For now i can say they need have more element resistance/mana

Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Titan Quest Bosses
« Reply #1 on: 28 April 2019, 21:01:41 »
they already have high elem resists especially in legendary :-\  .. so how about higher health to make it fair for all builds?

it's quite hard because most bosses (if not all) are easy i if there is only one, yet they are hard if there are 3.. but if you are doing this for your mod, you shouldn't make them 3.. for now i can only think of:

higher health
little bit faster
little more damage

edit: if you are only shafting elemental builds, it will be harder for elemental damage builds but for physical damage builds, they will feel no change
« Last Edit: 28 April 2019, 21:12:43 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 28 April 2019, 22:36:15 »
Thanks for the input. I already noted this.

As for main act bosses,

Nessus
Arachne
Gorgons
Alastor
Minotaur Lord
Greek Telkine

Alastor is one trick to improve, since hes the bane for  poison/melle/bleeding focus toons, Maybe he needs better summons for a start. Same for Minotaur Lord.

Telkine i already have a skill build setted.

Yes , more moviment speed/casting speed they will have for sure.

Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 29 April 2019, 10:39:39 »
I was gonna suggest more 'adds' for each boss (in other words: minions) but come to think of it, most bosses do have some kind of summon skill.  Maybe they just need to be more of a threat rather than a minor nuisance
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #4 on: 29 April 2019, 13:36:59 »
My suggestions would be :

- Faster bosses
- Buff overall-underwhelming bosses, in this case, Megalesios, which I find too dissapointing
- Nullify Gorgons cheese; make in sort that you can't take them out one by one
- Make in sort that the bosses forces the player to move around

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 30 April 2019, 01:13:25 »
(warning: mini rant.. and please don't feel this is directed solely towards you WNG.. this is just because of accumulation of disappointments)

- Nullify Gorgons cheese;

sob.. why do people HATE casters.. and yes i capitalized it because there is no sugar coating it.. many people HATE casters.. on some rpg games, casters are welcome.. but TQAE, nope they are an abomination that should just be erased from the game

when some people proved casters don't suck (and at least on this forum i would say i had a lot to do with that), those haters came up with "you can't do it self-found" or "ok, this caster is good but nothing else, everything else sucks".. BAH

now onto cheesing.. i would like to think the devs were fully aware of it and never addressed it.. heck i wasn't the one to discover it.. people from TQIT did that and when AE came out, the devs didn't take it out of the game.. it is part of the game.. boss fights have limited running space.. tanky melee chars don't have problem with that but squishy casters does.. and cheesing is one way to solve that problem.. granted, i only feel the need to cheese when there are 3 bosses.. but that is also because my casters aren't so squishy.. i build my casters differently and it's not that easy even for intermediate players

but heck i love cheesing.. it's something i do simply because i love cheesing

i don't remember people hating casters in TQIT.. i would even say many people loved casters mostly because of 100% CDR.. heck i finished legendary before casting nothing but lightning bolt.. mobs can't even get near me and it's not even 100% CDR, just 90+

do you guys know frostbite shrines don't boost ice shards? casters have disadvantages already and i think the biggest disadvantage is it is not as easy to build as str + dex characters

but still, because people hate casters, people want to take away any advantages of casters.. and any disadvantages of str + dex builds, they ask devs to "fix".. as if the game is broken sheesh

edit: apologies sauruz, if your thread got a little bit off-topic.. and i don't think you'd like rants on a topic you made to improve your mod
« Last Edit: 30 April 2019, 02:23:20 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #6 on: 30 April 2019, 02:24:30 »
Oh, didn't mean to hate on casters by writing this. While I agree that casters are x100 harder to build than melee toons, I didn't thought that this small change would hurt anyone so much. It's just a small idea I had on the top of my head since many boss fights are very boring and not very intense.

But eh take it for what it is; my knowledge of the game doesn't compare to yours.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 30 April 2019, 12:43:42 »

edit: apologies sauruz, if your thread got a little bit off-topic.. and i don't think you'd like rants on a topic you made to improve your mod

No no no, kept it going, i prefer seeing various discussion about the gameplay, since it will be the core of the game.

Let me get it right,   "Nullify Gorgons cheese", that  means , increase their aggro radious ? dont allowing going 1 by 1 ? Or when the gorgons stays close each other and dont move ?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Terra

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 12 June 2019, 23:55:05 »
If the game gets any harder I won’t be able to complete it. It’s okay for those who farmed legendary for months , but not for new players.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #9 on: 13 June 2019, 07:17:25 »
Well, as with any game, new characters have a harder time because they don't have gear already stashed to use.  But it can be done, plenty of people have done it and indeed still continue to do so by playing their characters solo self found (ssf). 

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Terra

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 13 June 2019, 07:32:07 »
It can be done now, but if the game gets harder I’m not so sure.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 13 June 2019, 11:51:49 »
Imo, Titan quest bosses could have wayy better in terms of performance, Half of then dont have boss feeling in terms of danger/unique abilities, except Barmanu/Alastor.

Im not talking having Strong equipement, since i play self found as well.

When a centaur archer is more dangerous than Nessus cleary something is wrong.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Benitot

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 14 June 2019, 16:26:29 »
It can be done now, but if the game gets harder I’m not so sure.

If you are having a hard time progressing in the game don't hesitate to ask for help. I play mostly self found myself.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Terra

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 14 June 2019, 22:40:58 »
Thanks, I play on the ps 4 .

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #14 on: 16 June 2019, 23:45:32 »
Any change in bosses is a delicate task since it's the core of the game.
I wouldn't change the main ones: Barmanu, Minotaur lord, Typhon, Hades, Manticore, Talos, Dragon liche. They are difficult especially for people playing self-found.

On the other hand, more life and minions as suggested for the minor ones would give them more time to trigger special attacks.
In addition the spider queen needs more poison damage, Alastor could benefit from a high physical resistance as a ghost.

I would be very cautious with more attack, casting or movement speeds. But Telkines, imo are the kind of beasts for which higher speed is expected.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal