Author Topic: Returning to TQ (+Ragnarok)  (Read 96063 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Returning to TQ (+Ragnarok)
« Reply #15 on: 13 April 2018, 11:17:53 »
@Deepblue c'mon man don't be like that.. games aren't about being the best or being the worst, it's about having fun.. at least that's what it is for me.. and if you really think you're that bad, well that's what forums are for.. I've learned things from other people, maybe you can learn from us too :) ..  and really you shouldn't think about being the best or being the worst.. it's lonely being the worst and it's also lonely being the best because that means there is nothing left for you in the game

regarding epic, early epic really is easier than late normal.. but of course the difficulty picks up in later acts
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: 13 April 2018, 11:24:57 »
Also try different builds, another gameplay can suit you more.
I think I've pretty much tried everything.
In any kind of game I've played, I've been crap in any kind of playstyle.

Sorry if this post is all over the place with quotes and stuff.

With time playing this game, I may only have 148 hours in AE but I have 689 in the original (plus IT) on Steam and god only knows how many on the old physical copy.

Try a different character. It's random, but sometimes you can just feel unlucky with a certain character, especially when it comes to drops.

Build a character around a piece of gear you allready found, or go for a cookie-cutter build. This one looks like fun. You'll get a lot of offensive ability from skills, so you don't have to worry about stats too much, and it's perhaps the king of procs.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #17 on: 13 April 2018, 12:39:30 »
Try a different character. It's random, but sometimes you can just feel unlucky with a certain character, especially when it comes to drops.

Build a character around a piece of gear you allready found, or go for a cookie-cutter build. This one looks like fun. You'll get a lot of offensive ability from skills, so you don't have to worry about stats too much, and it's perhaps the king of procs.

That build just seems a bit.....I dunno, bet it requires a lot of getting hit, standing in large groups of enemies to work.
and with some of those skills only lasting 3 secs, must require a lot of thinking constantly trying to juggle skills a lot.
I also don't know where attribute points go and what very specific gear I need, also I probably need to be max level with perfect gear for it to be any good like all builds.

Not sure what you mean by feeling lucky with a build and I've never been lucky in my entire time playing this game with drops.
and I can't build chars myself so building one around a gear piece is a big no no. I'm not a pro so I can't figure out all the little itricacies of each and every single piece of gear in the game.
I'm not like you guys.

Let's see
  • Caster type- Pro: lots of damage. Con: Fragile as hell
  • Melee type (Warfare+anything)- Pro and con, same as Caster type but even more with being up close all the time
  • Tanky melee type (Defense+anything but mostly Warfare)- Pro: stays alive a bit longer. Con:low damage and apparently won't survive in harder difficulties.

Seems whatever I do, something will stop me getting anywhere.
« Last Edit: 13 April 2018, 12:52:34 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: 13 April 2018, 13:09:00 »
@Laionidas yeah that skill distortion seemed off sorry dude :( ..  the 2 synergies of battle rage is not worth maxing.. 1pt is enough, even zero would be ok.. and since it's a late game build, i assume you consider +4 all skills.. casting ultimate max energy armor would be very difficult then because it's a dual wield str/dex.. sure you could keep items like pelaron and seal of the high priest just to cast it.. but by legendary, energy armor would dissipate too quickly it's very irritating to switch items constantly.. and the runeword:feather, why?

• Caster type- Pro: lots of damage. Con: Fragile as hell
says who? ;)
« Last Edit: 13 April 2018, 13:11:01 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: 13 April 2018, 13:12:06 »
Well from my experience they are and that's generally what mage types are.
I guess not for you and everyone else in this forum because you're all pretty much the best players.

I really want to use pets but it's like this game doesn't want you to.
« Last Edit: 13 April 2018, 13:31:06 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #20 on: 13 April 2018, 13:41:24 »
Titan Quest, and Grim Dawn too are not usual in that dichotomy. Casters here don't have high damage, its weapon damage builds that do. Casters are great in normal but their damage does not scale as well in higher difficulties. So the only benefit you have as a caster is aoe. Maybe. You don't even have better crowd control or movement skills. In TQ casters are good with some difficult to find items like archmage clasp. Not that you absolutely can't live without them, but I'd stay away from casters for now until you better understand what you are doing. Oracle with ternion is not really a caster though, its weapon attack.

Regarding stats you maybe need to read a guide again, if one was salvaged from the old forum. Or perhaps there is a new one.

Generic rules may look like these

If you are a physical damage character you put nothing in int, and go str : dex 2 : 1
If you are pierce with bows/spears you go 1 : 1 str : dex in older versions and perhaps 2 : 3 now in AE/ragnarok. Don't skip on str completely as there are no dex armors in shops, only some MI (tigerman) and legendaries are dex based.
If you are some magic damage char like most casters you go int : dex 3 : 1 until 200 dex in older versions, then all int. Currently there is gear for casters with higher dex requirements so its more like 250 dex if not 300 in the end.

Don't put points in hp or mana. People did so only with points from quest rewards if lacking on one of these stats. Like 4-8 points total in hp for low hp casters or 4-8 points in energy for melee/archers low on mana. You get hp from advancing the mastery bars. Which is high priority, by level 34-38 you can have both of your masteries maxed.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: 13 April 2018, 13:53:55 »
Yeah I remember those generic rules, that's what I did for both my conqueror and oracle

So from what I've read it doesn't matter what I do, I'm not amazing so I'm stuck.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: 13 April 2018, 14:45:58 »
can i ask you both to click my sig (i eat mana for breakfast) ? and perhaps check my vids?

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=213.0

:D
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: 13 April 2018, 14:50:43 »
I have already.
The big difference is that you're good. I'm not.

A lot of these builds are really complicated and require perfection.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: 13 April 2018, 15:02:55 »
That build just seems a bit.....I dunno, bet it requires a lot of getting hit, standing in large groups of enemies to work.

That's usually the case with dual-wield melee ;D

Yes, you'll lack defense, but you'll compensate for that with three things:
  • high damage: kill them before they kill you, also works well with some life leech gear
  • passive and LMG-triggered CC (crowd control) and defense
  • redundancies

Ignore Pain, Hamstring, Dodge Attack, Runeword: Explode, and Tumult, all bolster your defense, and/or stun or slow enemies, while
you are actively attacking.

Below 40 health, Sacred Rage kicks in (buff and enemy debuff). Then there's Seal of Fate (enemy debuff and CC), Energy Armor (buff), and Battle Standard (buff and enemy debuff).

I'm not a pro so I can't figure out all the little itricacies of each and every single piece of gear in the game.
I'm not like you guys.

You're thinking about it too much. It's not like I'm a TQ pro-mathematician. In fact, I hate playing like that.

@Laionidas yeah that skill distortion seemed off sorry dude :( ..  the 2 synergies of battle rage is not worth maxing.. 1pt is enough, even zero would be ok.. and since it's a late game build, i assume you consider +4 all skills.. casting ultimate max energy armor would be very difficult then because it's a dual wield str/dex.. sure you could keep items like pelaron and seal of the high priest just to cast it.. but by legendary, energy armor would dissipate too quickly it's very irritating to switch items constantly.. and the runeword:feather, why?

Like you said, very late game, and grabbing Runeword: Feather can help while the offensive ability bonus lasts.

Energy Armor could be cast while under the effect of Battle Standard. Then just chug a pot after.

Anyway, it was a hastily assembled TitanCalc, more as an example of how to run with dual-wield Onslaught.

Generic rules may look like these

If you are a physical damage character you put nothing in int, and go str : dex 2 : 1
If you are pierce with bows/spears you go 1 : 1 str : dex in older versions and perhaps 2 : 3 now in AE/ragnarok.

In AE, I'd go Str:Dex 3:2 for physical damage characters actually. You want to be able to reliable hit what you can do damage to.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: 13 April 2018, 15:37:38 »
That's usually the case with dual-wield melee ;D

Yes, you'll lack defense, but you'll compensate for that with three things:
  • high damage: kill them before they kill you, also works well with some life leech gear
  • passive and LMG-triggered CC (crowd control) and defense
  • redundancies

Ignore Pain, Hamstring, Dodge Attack, Runeword: Explode, and Tumult, all bolster your defense, and/or stun or slow enemies, while
you are actively attacking.

Below 40 health, Sacred Rage kicks in (buff and enemy debuff). Then there's Seal of Fate (enemy debuff and CC), Energy Armor (buff), and Battle Standard (buff and enemy debuff).
It.....sounds like fun, I just know if I can do it and all of this stuff seems only useful when the required skills are maxed. Below that, not so much.

You're thinking about it too much. It's not like I'm a TQ pro-mathematician. In fact, I hate playing like that.
after reading through the old forums, reading through this one, reading your stuff......to me it all sounds like that anyway. Do this, do that, don't do this without that, time this right, don't do that when you only have so much of that and only to certain targets etc......a second too late and you get one shot and stuff.

yeah that skill distortion seemed off sorry dude :( ..  the 2 synergies of battle rage is not worth maxing.. 1pt is enough, even zero would be ok.. and since it's a late game build, i assume you consider +4 all skills.. casting ultimate max energy armor would be very difficult then because it's a dual wield str/dex.. sure you could keep items like pelaron and seal of the high priest just to cast it.. but by legendary, energy armor would dissipate too quickly it's very irritating to switch items constantly.. and the runeword:feather, why?

This is what I mean by really complicated. Trying to read this and understand as an example.
Clearly I'm not thinking enough.

Anyway, it was a hastily assembled TitanCalc, more as an example of how to run with dual-wield Onslaught.
Probably not a good idea for me to use then. You can problem make anything out of quick builds and stuff but someone like me would probably need the most perfect build ever or something.

games aren't about being the best or being the worst, it's about having fun
Wouldn't it be nice if games were made this way?
But no, "modern games" are made for people to go around saying they beat this or that in a couple weeks or this is too easy on hardest mode and people who can't beat the game on hardest with no deaths are gaming cancer. People like me.

This is why every game these days is stupidly hard from the get go where no amount of "hand holding" (otherwise known as basic instruction) will help you.
« Last Edit: 13 April 2018, 15:41:15 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: 13 April 2018, 16:23:24 »
Ok I'll try this again.

Rune+Warfare looks fun.
But what about attributes....
Which mastery first?
Do I use swords? axes?
What gear stuff should I focus on getting? like the bonuses and stuff.

Should I just go Str+Str and then Str+Dex (and repeat) for attribute points?
« Last Edit: 13 April 2018, 18:04:58 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: 13 April 2018, 22:11:10 »
@Laionidas you have a point.. i think it would feel clunky.. but it can be done.. you have a point

@Deepblue yeah you're overthinking things :)

man all this talk i feel they're complicated.. I'd rather stick with my casters where i don't have to think what my gear should be.. just recharge and + to all skills.. and playstyle is just mostly rightclicky.. I'm not pushing for it.. it is just what is simple for me :)

edit: no need to think about OA, DA, DPS, attack speed, shield block  ;D
« Last Edit: 13 April 2018, 22:53:36 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: 14 April 2018, 00:21:23 »

games aren't about being the best or being the worst, it's about having fun
Wouldn't it be nice if games were made this way?
But no, "modern games" are made for people to go around saying they beat this or that in a couple weeks or this is too easy on hardest mode and people who can't beat the game on hardest with no deaths are gaming cancer. People like me.
i don't know about other people.. maybe it's like that playing online nowadays? i don't play online anymore

but my videos and guides are not meant for boasting.. i just want to help the way i know how
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: 14 April 2018, 10:19:21 »
man all this talk i feel they're complicated.. I'd rather stick with my casters where i don't have to think what my gear should be.. just recharge and + to all skills.. and playstyle is just mostly rightclicky.. I'm not pushing for it.. it is just what is simple for me :)

edit: no need to think about OA, DA, DPS, attack speed, shield block  ;D

If I didn't think about those things, I'd just end up with a char who can't do a thing.
Maybe it's because you build your chars so well and you're so good at the game that everything ends up so easy and almost mindless for you.

Anyway so far with this Berserker, I've alternated between str/str and str/dex when putting in attributes like I did my last Conqueror. I've started with Warfare and put points mostly into the mastery with a single point into every skill I need as I unlock them. I've put a couple points into Rune when I got to that point just to unlock a skill or two. Once I've maxed Warefare mastery, I'll move onto Rune and do the same thing with that, only after maxing both masteries, will I then start maxing the skills.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal