Author Topic: [MOD] Training Dummies (aka Game Mechanics for Dummies :D)  (Read 2437 times)

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
[MOD] Training Dummies (aka Game Mechanics for Dummies :D)
« on: 07 December 2021, 13:37:15 »
« Last Rated on: 07 December 2021, 16:01:15 »
Made this small mod for better testing of game mechanics:

Link to the alpha version for those interested:
https://mega.nz/file/JHZEQbbT#SMTD0ayvE6xPRYmS5YzQiF1TKyv14RC5F7j1RYf2A-M

Place the mod in CustomMaps folder. After loading, it will bounce to the main game. After entering the game go to the potion chest in Helos, or type unlock code "trainingdummies01". An amulet will drop, that can summon the practice targets. I hope this can help someone to test their equips/builds.

Known issues: even with 1000% physical resistance, physical damage still shows on the practice target... as elemental, wtf (but its health bar doesn't move at all). I think this is an engine problem of the displayed numbers. Or if someone has explanation, please share it.

Credit to @icefreeze, the idea of making this mod came in a conversation with him. I may add some specific dummies in the future, but its not the most interesting task in the world, so i'll leave it alone for now.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [MOD] Training Dummies (aka Game Mechanics for Dummies :D)
« Reply #1 on: 07 December 2021, 17:01:30 »
Hmm, after doing some tests, i don't see how Vitality Resistance defends against Life Leech. According to the Wiki "Life Leech is a Damage over Time type. It is reduced by Vitality Resistance." But here is what happens on a dummy with 1000% Vit. Resist using a knife that deals 100 Life Leech per second:

Tested with flat Vitality and Vitality Decay on the same dummy and they deal 0 damage. Either I did something wrong or the info is false.

The next version is coming shortly. I removed the potions from the starting chest outside of Helos and added that chest to all difficulties (it was appearing only on Normal before). Also added training knives to drop from the chest (dealing different flat and DoT damages):
Spoiler for Hiden:

Edit - Link to next version:
https://mega.nz/file/YewzyYzL#VxU1gxx6oumYzAXM5TAxbNyvP_dgx_UPx1Ikbqg4q4U
« Last Edit: 07 December 2021, 17:10:15 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #2 on: 07 December 2021, 20:22:25 »
Great mod, as for your issues :

- When you have 1000% Phys Resistance and see elemental damage, it's either your weapon (if it's a standard torch it deals fire damage ?) and/or the fact you have 50 intelligence so you get basic flat elemental damage with it.

- For the Vitality Resistance, in TQ AE changelog : "Life Leech resistance no longer adds to the Vitality Resistance stat" but they forgot to update the description in the tooltip. I think the wiki is outdated, it's probably pre-AE.
In this guide (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2382433615&searchtext=mechanic) in "Resistances coverage" section, you can see that :
"Vitality protects against Flat Vitality, Vitality Decay and Percent health reduction."
"Life leech resistance protects against Life leech over time and Attack Damage converted to health."

So yes Vitality res doesn't help to resist Life Leech. I told the devs several years ago but they didn't change the description, so I fixed that in SV. I also asked for a separate Life Leech resistance indicator for the same reason but they still haven't done anything about it. So far I haven't found a way to mod it.
« Last Edit: 07 December 2021, 20:24:33 by soa »
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 11 December 2021, 13:59:36 »
Great mod, as for your issues :

- When you have 1000% Phys Resistance and see elemental damage, it's either your weapon (if it's a standard torch it deals fire damage ?) and/or the fact you have 50 intelligence so you get basic flat elemental damage with it.

- For the Vitality Resistance, in TQ AE changelog : "Life Leech resistance no longer adds to the Vitality Resistance stat" but they forgot to update the description in the tooltip. I think the wiki is outdated, it's probably pre-AE.
In this guide (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2382433615&searchtext=mechanic) in "Resistances coverage" section, you can see that :
"Vitality protects against Flat Vitality, Vitality Decay and Percent health reduction."
"Life leech resistance protects against Life leech over time and Attack Damage converted to health."

So yes Vitality res doesn't help to resist Life Leech. I told the devs several years ago but they didn't change the description, so I fixed that in SV. I also asked for a separate Life Leech resistance indicator for the same reason but they still haven't done anything about it. So far I haven't found a way to mod it.

I wasnt aware of the changes for Vitality resistance, thanks for clarifying things :)
Regarding the Physical damage display bug, test it yourself if you want. Even if i add 100/1000% Physical damage absorbtion to the dummy, the damage still displays. I'm pretty sure its a vanilla bug, would report it, but i dont think the devs will do something about it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline soa

• Modder
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #4 on: 11 December 2021, 15:03:56 »
Regarding the Physical damage display bug, test it yourself if you want. Even if i add 100/1000% Physical damage absorbtion to the dummy, the damage still displays. I'm pretty sure its a vanilla bug, would report it, but i dont think the devs will do something about it.

As you said in your previous post, with 1000% resistance and whatever physical damage absorption, it displays some elemental damage (purple, from your weapon and/or 50 intelligence) but no physical damage. I don't see what's wrong here.
Soulvizier for AE, Ragnarok and Atlantis [released] :
https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=1201.0  / Discord : https://discord.gg/qs9t6AA
Overhaul mod with many new monsters, skills, items, features, balance and bugfixes. Increased difficulty.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 11 December 2021, 16:24:35 »
Not sure if this is the case. Two examples:

First attacking a resistant dummy with a knife that does 100 flat physical damage
Spoiler for Hiden:
My character has 50 Int, could be adding some bonus to the elemental damage, but not in this big amount (100+ damage from just 50 Int?).

Second example - modified wolf with 1000 flat HandHit damage (physical) and 0 to Str/Dex/Int attacking another resistant dummy:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Also the dummies only have 10k health and are destructible, but as you see in the second example the dummy's health bar is not even touched.
« Last Edit: 11 December 2021, 16:26:07 by nargil66 »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal