Author Topic: Atlantis new skills feedback and discussion  (Read 58988 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Il_Dottore

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Atlantis new skills feedback and discussion
« Reply #30 on: 17 May 2019, 07:49:15 »
I have to completly agree. Storm lack a big CC skill. Something like a blizzard skill that freeze enemeis in an area. The damage Is not important, the freeze part are. You Will get a new ice skill that now lack (Aside freezing blast there isen't any other ice skill). And you Will have a cc skill that for a glasses cannone Is really a must have .

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #31 on: 17 May 2019, 11:16:45 »
Huh?  Squall is great for CC and Lightning Bolt isn't bad.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #32 on: 17 May 2019, 11:57:43 »
Huh?  Squall is great for CC and Lightning Bolt isn't bad.
squall has debuff, not CC.. those 2 are different
lightning bolt has 1 sec stun which on legendary does not mean much
lightning bolt is more focused on damage rather than CC.. we are asking for CC, not damage
same for ice shard, if anyone brings that up

edit: and if anyone brings up thunderball, that is really hard to hit except when mobs are already hitting you.. and again, thunderball is stun which is easier to resist than freeze

i play caster storm and when i get to tier 40, my thoughts are "i have no use for this skill".. but if it's CC or the passives i suggested, every build has a use for it
« Last Edit: 17 May 2019, 12:11:56 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Il_Dottore

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: 17 May 2019, 15:52:17 »
Like betobote77 say squall and lighting bolt is more damage oriented or debuff (squall). Storm will need something like fire nova from earth but whit freeze  and slow in a range of 9 metres. Something useful if you are sorraunded and you can't escape quickly enough.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: 21 May 2019, 01:01:52 »
anyone noticed the absurd energy costs of these new skills? meteor rain has what 400 energy cost? lol.. fire nova has 300+?

like making them seem ultimate very good skills which they are not

by comparison, eruption only has 133 energy cost, lightning bolt has 200 (both at ultimate max +4).. both long range and sure to hit, with way less cooldowns and way less energy costs

things like these come when devs don't play their games.. on paper, it's not much but when you actually play it, you see the problems
« Last Edit: 21 May 2019, 01:30:40 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Il_Dottore

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: 21 May 2019, 08:36:24 »
Its strange that something likes this happen when the community was involve in the first place. When they start recruit some long time player i was thinking that this Will have solve the most problem before It present itself  at the release. But It seams this isent the case. Maybe they Will need to open some poll for let the player choose what skill has to be modified and in what way.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: 21 May 2019, 10:15:51 »
i dont like how fire nova skill effect covers all screnn, i would prefer having it as small radius tho
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: 21 May 2019, 10:36:36 »
Its strange that something likes this happen when the community was involve in the first place. When they start recruit some long time player i was thinking that this Will have solve the most problem before It present itself  at the release. But It seams this isent the case. Maybe they Will need to open some poll for let the player choose what skill has to be modified and in what way.
maybe the beta testers were more focused on finding bugs? i agree with the open poll.. 100%
edit: actually, i really really hope we can make this happen

i dont like how fire nova skill effect covers all screnn, i would prefer having it as small radius tho
good point.. but if they made the radius small, they would have to add a different debuff/CC.. impaired aim would be near useless with small radius.. for me, fire nova should be a skill you can cast often.. so smaller radius but not with that high energy cost.. and different debuff/CC
« Last Edit: 21 May 2019, 10:55:53 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Rated 1 time
Excellent

Offline Il_Dottore

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: 21 May 2019, 12:39:24 »
« Last Rated on: 21 May 2019, 13:08:20 »
We can make a poll on the forum but se Will need 1 topic for maestry so we can avoid confusion. In every topic we can make 2 different poll. One for skill and ask if the skill Is ok and if not if you want to change (stat, power, damage ecc) or if you want the skill ti be completly remade. If It Is ok, good if not and you want some adgiustment you can write something about the stat you dont like and way you think they dont are good enough. If you chose the third option you can describe the new skill and what or how It has to work. Evry One can post their prefetencies. The most wantend change can be submited ti the devolopers and request that change.
« Last Edit: 21 May 2019, 12:42:24 by Il_Dottore »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: 21 May 2019, 15:08:34 »
in my case though, all my characters are unplayable until they fix quick cast when holding shift.. i already submitted a bug report
until they fix that, only then can i play and only then can i participate
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: 21 May 2019, 18:03:56 »
in my case though, all my characters are unplayable until they fix quick cast when holding shift.. i already submitted a bug report
Umm cant you just play without quick cast then? Just toggle it off in the settings. I'm not liking it either, so only for specific characters Ill be turning it on, if at all.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #41 on: 21 May 2019, 18:51:51 »
I just using Blade Barrier on my Illusionist now.
Not max lvl, just lvl6, 7 but it pretty good, i don't think it should be imrpove much more.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #42 on: 21 May 2019, 19:42:24 »
There was plenty of feedback given about all sorts of things to do with Atlantis.  However, it's up to THQNordic how and when they do anything regarding said feedback.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: 21 May 2019, 23:14:09 »
Umm cant you just play without quick cast then? Just toggle it off in the settings. I'm not liking it either, so only for specific characters Ill be turning it on, if at all.
if i turn it off, i feel silly not putting points on the new skills.. why do you have to click again when casting fire nova and meteor rain when the landing spot don't change anyway? but notice that skills like blade barrier and perfect block are fixed even if quick cast is disabled.. did the devs have any caster beta testers?

I'm still envious of the other masteries.. dream gets to have a Doppelganger that can be permanent with +4 all skills and 80% CDR.. warfare can get ancestral warriors permanent now also with +4 and 80% CDR.. defense has summons now that can also be permanent with +4 and 80% CDR.. but these skills, they are all useful for all builds with or without 80% CDR

but caster masteries, well.... they got skills that may or may not be of use depending on the build.. all in the name of diversity which in the first place shouldn't be forced on the player.. diversity had always been possible because of dual-classing, choice of items, and choice of stat distribution.. they should've added skills that are useful to all builds instead.. i think it's pretty clear the devs didn't have any genuine caster player on their beta testing team.. things like these and the unusually high energy costs are very easily noticed if you have high level caster characters.. that or the devs just don't care about casters at all.. could be both

on a side note, why isn't torchlight frontiers still not released yet? I've been checking it every once in a while and it seems it still hasn't been released yet
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: 22 May 2019, 02:07:58 »
@botebote77 I can agree with some of your points but for me I guess I'm more of a 'glass half full' type when looking at/playing with the new skills.

Ive only been using a caster (Evoker) since the dlc and am loving it.  Psionic Beam is frikken awesome and if anything has made my build even more viable in Legendary.  With skills like Storms new Lightning Dash, while it is more melee orientated, I see it as a much needed movement skill - heaven knows TQ masteries need moar movement skill options.

~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Tags: atlantis 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal