Author Topic: Help with arc file  (Read 3971 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Badon444

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +2
Help with arc file
« on: 23 June 2019, 13:30:01 »
Hello!

First time modder here. I'm trying to edit some sound files. I extraced the Sounds.arc with ARC Encryptor and to try it out repacked the same files, and replaced the original Sounds.arc with the repacked file, but it doesn't work, no sounds ingame. I found some posts saying that the game doesn't read custom arc files anymore, so how do I go about making this work?

Thanks!
Niko

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
Re: Help with arc file
« Reply #1 on: 24 June 2019, 05:06:09 »
The game not reading ARCs should only concern custom maps, but I think you try to overwrite a game archive instead? In this case, that shouldn't be your issue.

On the top of my head, I would suggest to make sure that the archive is located at the same location, that the archive is not empty and that inside it lies the same folder structure as before.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Badon444

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 24 June 2019, 10:54:39 »
The game not reading ARCs should only concern custom maps, but I think you try to overwrite a game archive instead?
Yes, this is true.

I think I found out what the problem could be. ARC Encryptor includes the folder which the files are packed from into the structure of the arc file. Example:

1. unpack original Sounds.arc into a folder called Test. The folders containing the sound files appear there.
2. repack the files from folder Test into a new arc file Testsounds.
3. unpack the file Testsounds into folder Test2. The file structure is now Test2/Test/folders with sound files.

I also tried to name the folder that the files are in as Sounds, this had no effect.

Am I missing something really obvious here or is the ARC Encryptor indeed at fault? How to get around this?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #3 on: 24 June 2019, 16:07:15 »
The game should be reading custom .arc files since last patch (2.7)

Did you build your changes in Art manager ?
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Badon444

• Beginner
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 24 June 2019, 17:11:21 »
Ah, I get it now. ARC Encryptor is capable of adding files into an existing arc file, instead of rewriting it every time. So all I had to do was to add the sound directories one by one, instead of adding a whole directory of directories at once. This way the directory structure is preserved. Issue is solved.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal