Poll

Should co-op players and/or pet builder max Battle Awareness?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Battle Awareness: maxed or 1-pointed?  (Read 7207 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Battle Awareness: maxed or 1-pointed?
« on: 03 May 2018, 10:40:25 »
So, I heard some people, I think you too @botebote77 , mention that Batte Awareness isn't really worth investing the full twelve points in.

It got me thinking though, also for my Guardian, whether that's always true or not. After all, increasing the radius from 5 to 16 meters seems extremely valuable when playing with other party member or with a lot of pets. I constantly got three Wolves up myself, on an agressive stance, and a Nymph, on a defensive stance. I also tend to send the Wolves in as an advance party, and keep the Nymph in the back (as she's an archer). The result is that my troupe is really spread out as much as possible. With other players in your party, this seems even more so to be the case.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Battle Awareness: maxed or 1-pointed?
« Reply #1 on: 03 May 2018, 11:02:23 »
who? me? when? where? if so, don't listen to me.. i don't play defense ;D
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 03 May 2018, 11:10:30 »
Lol, but you probably still have an opinion on it from a theoretical perspective.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #3 on: 03 May 2018, 11:16:20 »
I'd take it for 200 DA, but if you have some others huge point sinks in nature maybe you can consider investing it elsewhere. If skill points are a problem getting more than +4 all skills is an option, to max out more of them.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Gautrec

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 03 May 2018, 11:37:03 »
I must admit, I always maxed it out simply because I am traumatised by low-DA-characters and therefore try to get every little bit of it that I can get my hands on :D
From a theoretical standpoint, though, I would also consider the +58 global armor as a nice defensive boost that shouldn't be neglected, especially if you are wearing something other than heavy armor (are you wearing heavy/strength based armor?) - just like armor bonuses on jewelry, this is far superior to the (usually terrible) armor bonuses on armor pieces themselves, and also multiplies nicely with other skills from the defense mastery like armor handling.
Then again, for a build that focuses on pets, your skillpoints are often spread fairly thin; in your case, I would therefore probably agree with mammoth_hunter and just put one point into it until melee enemies become an issue (the base skill really doesn't help against anything else).

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 03 May 2018, 11:57:06 »
I'd take it for 200 DA, but if you have some others huge point sinks in nature maybe you can consider investing it elsewhere.

I think the point sinks are OK, as I'm not taking that much out of Nature, other than pets and Heart of Oak. I'm going with this, and level 75 seems perfectly acceptable for Ragnarok eventually.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 03 May 2018, 12:42:29 »
the way i see it, Pazuzu's guardian the omnipotent is still the ideal way to build a guardian.. although if it was me, i probably would put 1pt each on regrowth tree because i just like the skill.. and also 1pt each on nymph because we could always use the company of a woman 8)

edit: and max wolves.. and probably a few more on survival instinct
« Last Edit: 03 May 2018, 12:49:58 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 03 May 2018, 19:49:52 »
Pazuzu's guardian the omnipotent is still the ideal way to build a guardian..

Didn't know that build existed, but then again, I tend not to do so much research, especially not for this build. I just picked my favourite mastery (Nature) along with the one that is said to be the most efficient survivability wise late-game (Defense).

Regardign Pazuzu's build though: any Nature build with pets that does not pick the Nymph is heresy to me. You're playing a pet build, and ignoring the cutest companion this game has to offer  :(

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 03 May 2018, 22:11:51 »
I just picked my favourite mastery (Nature) along with the one that is said to be the most efficient survivability wise late-game (Defense).
you know, when i made my paladin back in TQIT, that was exactly what i was thinking.. storm was my favorite in TQIT and i wanted to make an ice sharder that's a little tankier than my prophet and elementalist.. and i thought "what the heck defense is the best defense".. so defense it is.. i didn't follow any guides but saw thereafter there are ice shard paladin builds on youtube

any Nature build with pets that does not pick the Nymph is heresy to me. You're playing a pet build, and ignoring the cutest companion this game has to offer  :(
it's because the other companions are dogs, a monster earth creature, traps, undead guy that calls itself a king, a scary monster outsider, and ghost warriors.. none are cute ;D

i once played a ranger with no pets.. the playstyle, permanent CotH using refresh, plague and study prey.. although if i continued it, it will eventually get pets
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 03 May 2018, 23:13:01 »
it's because the other companions are dogs, a monster earth creature, traps, undead guy that calls itself a king, a scary monster outsider, and ghost warriors.. none are cute ;D

Nightmare is somewhat cute, and perhaps the Wisp  :)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 04 May 2018, 00:02:09 »
if i get any point left i put on Batle Awareness,

As for the Nymph, i still remenber how clunky the AI was on old version, most of time went melee instead of staying safe at range, didnt tested in AE to.
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal