Author Topic: My first experience with a Conqueror  (Read 20056 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Thanatos

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
My first experience with a Conqueror
« on: 30 December 2017, 05:37:43 »
So I started a Conqueror last night, and got him to only level 19. I am coming from Grim Dawn, so my idea was to do something like a sword and board Cadence build with Blitz. When I finally reached the Shield Bash ability I was shocked a bit at the 12 second cool down.  :o I guess my plan to play like I did in Grim Dawn, endlessly chasing down enemies with Blitz seems...less apparent in TQ. I guess I need to find some cooldown reduction. Any ideas? I won't post a TitanCalc at the moment, because I am experimenting a lot with different skills. So far, I really like Onslaught and War Horn. The only thing I don't like is the fact that I seem to have to single target just about everything at the moment, which is a bit tedious.

This is my first try at Defense mastery, and I enjoyed the idea of using Batter, but I can't get used to the weird way you manually target with it. When I am surrounded by a lot of enemies, it's hard for me to aim at the enemy I want to bash with it. I wish there were a mod that got rid of the weird way some skills activate and replace them with an auto attack like in GD. It's just really difficult for me to adjust to those type of skills in TQ, but I'm trying!

Anyway, if you guys have some suggestions at how to build a decent Conqueror (Sword and Board), I'd appreciate it a lot.

*edit* I should also make clear that I'm really aiming at being able to use Shield Bash a lot more, and I haven't noticed any cooldown reduction yet in Warefare, or Defense (unless I'm blind or stupid).   8) If I can figure out how to fix this problem I am sure I will enjoy the playstyle I am looking for.
« Last Edit: 30 December 2017, 05:44:36 by Thanatos »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
Re: My first experience with a Conqueror
« Reply #1 on: 30 December 2017, 09:25:55 »
Not sure you will find too much cooldown reduction for melee toons in the game.  Neither mastery has it. 

Once you get Shield Charge and its synergy maxed you'll hit several foes when you charge into them.  But yes, there's not a lot of AoE with this class. 

I've never bothered with Batter, except to have it before I reach Shield Charge.  I prefer to have Shield Smash so it just goes off when it feels like it.  The manual targeting is a pain unless your skills are on the LMB and RMB - which is why I limit myself to just those two if I can.  The good thing is that, unlike GD, there is no hesitation before you swop from one weapon slot to the other.  So I usually have an LMB skill on both and then a couple of different RMB ones, switching as I need them.

Conqueror was my first toon both times I started the game.  The first was when I was learning, the second when I got a new PC.  Both times I used Cassidy's guide as an outline.  Not saying I didn't die because I did - about 60+ times both times - but I did get to the end of the game and of course being a new toon I didn't have any optimal gear.  I'll dig the guide out and try and condense it - it's an original from 2006, but it may help.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #2 on: 30 December 2017, 10:34:48 »
for me batter is better suited for LMB rather than RMB.. but of course a conqueror has onslaught
« Last Edit: 30 December 2017, 11:05:40 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 30 December 2017, 13:55:55 »
You won't need it CDR much. Sword and Board Conqs are pretty passive dependent in the late game. TBH, shield charge and batter although they are quite useful early become fluff later on. Your damage will come from your shield procs (passives-defense tree) and Onslaught (LMB skill-warfare tree).

That being said you really have no need for CDR. You do have buffs to manage life Battle Standard and Quick Recovery but their CD isn't too oppressive nor will you need them up 24/7.

RE: batter, unfortunately it's not an LMB-skill. All attack skills in the Defense Tree are either active skills or procs.

As for an actual guide, this is more like a tip-guide I made for HC'ing with Conqueror:
http://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=122.msg757#msg757

With the new level cap raised, it's very easy to get most skills for both professions so you don't necessarily need an actual build guide. However, do note that some skills receive more priority than others.
Core
- Shield Passives (Defense)
- Colossus (1pt early game)
- Onslaught tree
- Battle Standard
- Warfare Passives (weapon training/dodge)
- most of Battle Awareness tree
- Quick Recovery

1-point wonders/skills that have high-impact with low point investment
- Battle Rage tree
- Warhorn
- Rally
- Ancestral Horn (diversion/added damage on boss fights w/ Battle Standard on)

Skills like Shield Charge or Batter while fun and effective early game become unnecessary late as your Onslaught buffed' Pulverize procs will send legions flying and bosses crying back to their mothers.

« Last Edit: 09 January 2018, 15:10:31 by kja12 »
xmax hardcore is the only way to play this game.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 30 December 2017, 16:30:36 »

RE: batter, unfortunately it's not an LMB-skill. All attack skills in the Defense Tree are either active skills or procs.

of course it is dude.. shield charge and batter are both LMB skills.. the batter I've done it before as LMB.. every 4secs you attack with batter, while it's in cooldown, it automatically switches to normal attack
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 30 December 2017, 16:53:02 »
sorry, by LMB-skill i meant an "auto-attack" replacement skill, i always mix that term up when i refer to skill differentiation on melee toons.

i.e. onslaught/marksmanship/psionic touch/ternion/calculated strike
« Last Edit: 30 December 2017, 16:56:26 by gasconron »

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 02 January 2018, 09:34:49 »
Okay here's the first part of Cassidy's guide.  Remember it was written back in 2006 and was for TQ only.  Still I think it's a good guide and certainly helped me.

Cassidy's Conqueror Guide

Skills and Stats
Initially, get your strength and dex up to the point where you can use your target gear (if you don't know what you'll be finding, take em up to about 400 apiece).  This will grant you decent damage and shield block rate.
Then plow the rest of your points into health/str in a 1/1 ratio.
Int and mana should be left untouched - 'tis better to live while chugging mana potions than to die a squishy death due to too little hp.

Defense
Armour Handling - 6 points (max).
Shield Smash, Disable and Pulverise - 18 points (max - 6 in each).  These are the 3 main procs for the defense tree - all allow your character to strike with both shield and weapon simultaneously.  They allow this double attack (smash), extreme slowing of enemies (disable) and multiple target hitting (pulverise). Get them.
Shield Charge - 1-12 points (max). This will be your main tactic for dealing with powerful ranged mobs - bringing your foes into arms reach in a second.  You may want to leave a single point in it if you're worried about mana, since you are after the stun and skill disruption, not the damage.  Assign it to your RMB and use as soon as it charges (not long).
Disruption (synergy to above) - 6 points (max).  Not only does this allow your charge to strike multiple targets, but it disrupts their skills (perfect for those cocky Dragonian casters).  'Nuff said, get it.
Colossus - 1-8 points (max).  A stunning skill, albeit a silly looking one. Character becomes really big and tough for a short period of time.  Nice to have if boss running or for when things get tough - but has a nasty recharge time and can be annoying (you won't fit through certain doors, for one.)
Battle Awareness - 1 point. Conqueror's energy reserved skill. Not that useful, but it's synergies are well worth the price of admission.
Focus (synergy to above) - 3-6 points (max). Allows your shield to block more often ... more useful than you'd think, but less than you'd hope.
Iron Will (synergy to above) - 6 points (max). Quite possibly the best skill in your defensive arsenal.  Adds those tricky to get resistances such as stun and skill disruption.
Adrenaline - 1-10 points (max). An okay proc with insanely good synergies.  Minor boost to regen and has a 5% change of triggering whenever an enemy strikes you.  Maxing gives it a longer duration (12s), allowing it to be active longer (a good thing since it has a 30s hidden recharge time).
Resilience (synergy to above) - 6 points (max).  There are those who view this skill as cheap and those who view it as an awesome and essential part of the Conqueror's arsenal.  I'm a member of the latter group.  It gives a significant reduction to all recharge times, allowing adrenaline to trigger sooner and your charge and other abilities to be used more often.
Defensive Reaction (synergy to above) - 4-8 points (max). Significantly boosts your damage and speed (50%/15% max) during an adrenaline boost.

Warfare
Weapon Training - 6 points (max)
Dodge Attack - 3-6 points (max)
Onslaught - The bread and butter of this build. Gives you a boost to your attack with each consecutive strike, to a significant 50% at max. With its synergies this skill is hard to beat - assign it  to your LMB and go nuts.
Ignore Pain (synergy to above) - 1-6 points (max). Gives you damage resistance and the all important pierce resistance, up to a max of 15%. Very useful, unless you already have maxed your pierce resistance through items.
Ardor (synergy to above) - 6 points (max). Increases your movement and attack speed, greatly enhancing your DPS.  A very useful skill.  Note: hamstring is not required to access Ardor and thus should be ignored.
Ancestral Horn - 1-15 points (max). Summons up to 5 badass fighters who are utter awesome at engaging the attention of enemies and bosses.  I use this as a bankai, for difficult encounters and with Colossus makes you almost unstoppable.  However, like Colossus, it's over way too fast and takes a while to recharge.
Battle Standard - 1 point. A gorgeous skill when facing bosses - not only does this boost various offensive and defensive abilities but adds a +1 to all skills.  It also seems to make abilities recharge faster.
Triumph (synergy to above) - 1-6 points (max). Reduces enemy defenses when Standard is up, especially their stun resistance.  For those who like to stun, this skill will truly shine - for everyone else, it's still highly useful for weakening bosses.
« Last Edit: 02 January 2018, 10:20:39 by MedeaFleecestealer »

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 02 January 2018, 09:51:54 »
Next bit.  :)

Other skills to consider
War Horn and Doom Horn (synergy) - Provides a short term, erratic stun over a wide area and a considerable drop in enemy defense and life.  Some people swear by this skill ... I tend to merely swear at it, since the stun is insignificant in Legendary, monsters tend to have high resistances to vit damage and 33 reduced armour ain't all that much. Furthermore, enemies should die so fast in melee range that you won't really have much time to use this.  Nonetheless, as said there are those who really love this skill.  Give it a try if it appeals to you.
Rally, Inspiration and Defiance (synergies) - Once again, this is a "swear by" or "swear at" skill. It gives a minor boost to hp, regen and armour when used - although nothing really to write home about.  Its synergies are similarly meh, granting energy (useless to you) and damage returned (nice, but things die too fast close in for this to be really useful imho). The only truly good thing about this skill is that Defiance can provide a hefty (up to 50%) bonus to elemental resistances. Nice. Once again, feel free to give it a try - it can be a useful skill, especially in MP.
Battle Rage (Fury), Crushing Blow and Counterattack - My personal favourite of the "considered skills".  This is yet another proc which pumps your combat potential, granting a significant offensive boost (Rage/Fury), huge potential damage (Crushing Blow) with a negligible retaliation (Counterattack).  If you have points lying spare, max the first two and drop a point or two into Counterattack.
Batter and Rend Amour (synergy) - Great little skills if you have a mouse button to spare. I recommend using Batter early game to allow your character to dominate until you unlock Warfare. It gives your character the ability to slow his foes, as well as a nice shield/weapon combo to use at will.  Rend gives a not insignificant ability to lower the armour of foes, but it's main use is to add more targets to Batter.  I choose not to include this in the primary build, since I never found myself using it.  Between Onslaught, Charge and the various procs, my damage and slowing capacity was more than sufficient.  Nonetheless, a great skill if you are possessed of great dexterity with the third mouse button and have points to spare.
Quick Recovery - A decent skill, perhaps worth a point or two.  Improves your blocking immensely when active, increasing its chance to block and frequency of blocking, as well as your armour rating slightly. I tend not to use this all that much late game, since my shield block is already 98% ... a reasonable consideration though.

Character Progression
There are a number of possible ways to build this character up, but this is my personal favourite. Start by dropping a point into Batter (yes, Batter) - a great little skill to help you up until you get Onslaught.  Once you have the latter, feel free to retrieve the skill point.
Next maximise Armour Handling to allow you to use your target gear sooner (the str bonus from your chosen armour and shield will further accentuate this skill). Now drop a point into Battle Awareness and start climbing the Defense mastery tree until you can put a point into Shield Smash.
When you hit level 8, put a point or two in Onslaught and maximise Weapon Training for the nice offensive boost. Until you are using powerful gear, maximising Onslaught won't gain all that impressive a return, since it's a percentile. You will have a better time maxing the mastery for base damage and to use your uber gear sooner.
Focus on climbing the Defense mastery tree, putting a point into each of the essential skills (especially the procs, Adrenaline and Shield Charge). The second you are using your first chosen powerful weapon (probably around level 10 or so), max Onslaught and watch that DPS hit the roof!
Next focus on climbing the Defense mastery until you have unlocked Colossus and Pulverise (the latter I'd maximise right away since it's the most powerful crowd control proc at your disposal). You should now be in late Egypt/early Orient.
From here you have two possible routes.  If you feel confident about your dps and survivability, start climbing the Warfare mastery, getting the synergies to Onslaught and grabbing your Ancestral Guardians.  However, if you feel that your character could still use a bit of work, focus on maxing Resilience (to allow you to enter the Adrenaline state and charge more often), Disruption (boosting your charge immensely) and the various defensive proc.
Either way, by early Epic you should have your two masteries fully available. Epic should really be a blue milk run, focus on maxing the essential skill.  Ensure that Dodge Attack, Iron Will and perhaps Ignore Pain are up to scratch before you enter Legendary.
Finally, put any leftover points into one of the "considered skills" or max out the "1-x" essentials you like (such as Colossus and Ancestral Horn).  I favour Rage, but plenty of others like Rally or Doom Horn.

Let's Talk Strategy
Your basic strategy for the Conqueror is to target the enemies that offer the greatest threat to you - classically massed arches or casters - and use Shield Charge to get in close and annihilate them before they do the same to do.  Learn to anticipate when Charge will be ready and use it often.
Regular melee monsters should not provide much of a threat. The sheer number of procs going off coupled with the awesome boosts from Onslaught should raise your dps to an endgame total of 4-5k or beyond (with uber gear). You will thus be able to tank almost any mob, so long as you make a good entrance with Charge and neutralise any ranged/casters.  Believe me, once you get the hang of it, this build will make you cocky as all hell.
When facing bosses, you'll need to play it slightly safer - Beware the Ides of March: I mean the Stomp of Talos! Learn the patterns of bosses and don't be afraid to use hit and run tactics to wear them down. Talos, Dracolich and other one hit wonders should be approached with caution (or avoided entirely if they prove too much of a threat).  Drop your ancestral spirits, Battle Standard and engage Colossus Form if ever in doubt - these skills will grant you immense temporary survivability and damage against your foes.
Use the terrain wisely, back up against a walk to avoid being surrounded.  If all else fails - leg it, kite your foes and try to get them into a position where you can engage them one at a time (especially those blasted Cyclopses in Legendary Olympus).
On the other hand, Typhon and most melee foes will scarcely be able to scratch you and archers/casters will fall like corn beneath the scythe to a well placed Shield Charge!

Gear
This is a gear intensive build.  I would advise you have a decent shield, set of armour and weapon close to hand as early as possible.  The Somatophylaktes Plate, Spinebreaker Hammer and Legendary shields like Bloodthirst and Eidolon are all great choices and easy to find (the latter 3 are, in my experience, some of  Epic Typhon's favourite drops). Of course, nicer gear should be introduced late game, but I'd call these items (or equivalent) pretty much necessary to see the Conqueror at his best.
Your main worry is threefold - decent stun and pierce resistances, while sacrificing as little damage as possible.
I like to have at least 50% if not more of these resistances in Legendary - not all that difficult to do, thanks to great, easy to find shields like Bloodthirst and the powerful helms available.  In desperation, run Typhon first on Normal first, then Epic to ensure you have good enough gear to survive the road ahead.

Weaknesses
The main problem with the Conqueror is that he has no pets to divert enemy attention away from him - thus all focus will be on you.  If your damage resistances, sun resistance and armour rating are not up to scratch, expect to die a lot in Legendary.
The other problem is that you must literally be toe to toe with your foe to fight.  While Shield Charge can get you there, being this close make it difficult to avoid large blasts and nova type effects - certain bosses that barely touched you when you were ranged may offer an entirely new level of challenge to a melee build.
However, with a reasonable set of gear and decent strategy, the Conqueror can wade through most of this game with relative ease - and a ton of fun.
« Last Edit: 02 January 2018, 10:37:36 by MedeaFleecestealer »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 02 January 2018, 10:26:18 »
I'm pretty sure resilience only works on adrenaline.. I've tested it myself

i like self healing skills so if it was me, I'll put at least 1 pt on rally for emergency purposes

the only reason i can think why no mention of battle standard is because it was from 2006.. triumph was broke then.. of course it has been fixed since then

now he didn't mention one thing about counter attack.. counter attack is retaliation damage and retaliation damage does not get any boost from strength nor from any %physical or % total damage.. in AE, they made it so that it scales with character level

+ All Retaliation Damages now scale with character level

still i think there are better skills

i always felt a scroll of arrow dancer is a necessary emergency item for a conqueror

the others are fine

edit: oh there's battle standard.. i didn't read enough.. both are worth max points

edit: i don't want to discredit the guide but this is really weird.. counter attack, as well as any retaliation damage doesn't scale with anything back then.. triumph was bugged back then

max battle rage and crushing blow?
« Last Edit: 02 January 2018, 10:45:26 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 02 January 2018, 10:49:12 »
And some gear suggestions garnered from various Conqueror builds.

Head Visor of Shadowlord
Rings Hale of Immortality with Demon’s Blood, Star of Elysium
Amulet Pendant of Immortal Rage
Shield Aionois
Weapon Sapros the Corrupter
Armor Ferrus Gnosi
Arms Stonebinder Cuffs (Legendary) with Embodiment of Herkeles’ Might (27% damge completion bonus)
Legs Athena’s Battle Greaves, Barbarian Spiked Greaves
Artifact Star of Ishtar

All primary & secondary resistances maxed. 42% damage resistance. +4 all skills. About 6k health. 1,100 OA, 1,200 DA (even more with Battle Awareness). DPS is through the roof, so is survivability. You can't die unless you try really hard.

Head Alexander's Plumed Helm
Rings Mark of Ares, Eurydice's Wedding Band, Myrmidons Pendant, Aphrodite's Favor
Amulet Cerberus's Collar
Shield Priam's Gate
Weapons Sapros the Corrupter
Armor Alexander's Cuirass
Arms Stonebinder's Cuffs
Legs Athena's Battle Greaves

Head Hallowed Gorgon Crown of Might with Embodiment of Herakles' Might (+damage completion bonus)
Rings Adroit Loop (x2)
Amulet Pendant of Immortal Rage
Shield Ancile/Golden Shield of Pelaron
Weapons Sapros/Oathbreaker
Armor Ferrus Gnosi
Arms Stonebinder's Cuffs (my only ones with Alacrity suffix)
Artifact Symbol of the Polymath

Head Revenant Crown (Crystal of Erebus)
Armor Achilles Armor
Arms Conqueror’s Bracers
Weapons Sapros
Amulet Herculean Scutum of the Winds (Legendary Turtle Shell)

Head Ares’ War Helm
Rings Apollo’s Will (2)
Amulet Blessing of the Gods
Shield Ancile
Weapons Sapros
Armor Armor of Peleus
Arms Stonebinder’s Cuffs
Artifact Symbol of Polymath

Head Hallowed Ereban Great Helm of Prowess with an epic Crystal of Erebus resist all completion bonus
Rings Chiron's Loop, Hale Engraved Ring of the Owl with an Incarnation of Hectate's Crescent (18% Elemental Resistance completion bonus)
Amulet Blessing of the Gods
Shield Priam's Gate
Weapons Disposition
Armor Armour of Peleus
Arms Hale Stonebinder's Cuff of Alarcity

And Lionheart artifact gives me nearly maxed out primary resistance and with Onslaught and level 12 Defensive Reaction, over 8000dps, Attack Damage Converted to Health, over 1500 defence, 1000ish OA/DA and everything can be gotten in Act 1 Legendary.

Head Ares' War Helm
Rings Mark of Ares, Eye of Horus
Amulet Amulet of Hygeia
Shield Priam's Gate
Weapons Theogenes' Onslaught
Armor Alexander's Cuirass
Arms Conqueror's Bracers

This selection of gear focuses on 50% dmg and 50% defence

I missed the Ancestral Horn and Standard out when I originally posted - added it in now.

Yeah, seems strange Resilience would work on other things, but it's still worth making just to have Adrenaline proc more often. And yes, most other builds for a Conqueror only suggest a point into Battle Rage and that's it, nothing for the synergies.  As I said I only used it for a guide rather than religiously following Cassidy's suggestions, but it did get me to the end of the game and that's the aim of any guide.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 02 January 2018, 11:01:45 »
yes resilience is worth maxing for me also.. i don't want to say bad things about the guide.. believe me i was thinking of punching myself
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline gasconron

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 02 January 2018, 16:52:43 »
Next bit.  :)

Other skills to consider
War Horn and Doom Horn (synergy) - Provides a short term, erratic stun over a wide area and a considerable drop in enemy defense and life.  Some people swear by this skill ... I tend to merely swear at it, since the stun is insignificant in Legendary, monsters tend to have high resistances to vit damage and 33 reduced armour ain't all that much. Furthermore, enemies should die so fast in melee range that you won't really have much time to use this.  Nonetheless, as said there are those who really love this skill.  Give it a try if it appeals to you.

Rally, Inspiration and Defiance (synergies) - Once again, this is a "swear by" or "swear at" skill. It gives a minor boost to hp, regen and armour when used - although nothing really to write home about.  Its synergies are similarly meh, granting energy (useless to you) and damage returned (nice, but things die too fast close in for this to be really useful imho). The only truly good thing about this skill is that Defiance can provide a hefty (up to 50%) bonus to elemental resistances. Nice. Once again, feel free to give it a try - it can be a useful skill, especially in MP.

Battle Rage (Fury), Crushing Blow and Counterattack - My personal favourite of the "considered skills".  This is yet another proc which pumps your combat potential, granting a significant offensive boost (Rage/Fury), huge potential damage (Crushing Blow) with a negligible retaliation (Counterattack).  If you have points lying spare, max the first two and drop a point or two into Counterattack.

Quick Recovery - A decent skill, perhaps worth a point or two.  Improves your blocking immensely when active, increasing its chance to block and frequency of blocking, as well as your armour rating slightly. I tend not to use this all that much late game, since my shield block is already 98% ... a reasonable consideration though.

Warhorn - I will swear by it. In mods with LOTS of monsters and ranged attacks pelting all over the place Warhorn is a good way of mitigating the damage done to you while you clear. If you invested nil on on CtAP, despite being one of the toughest classes in game, they will hurt especially in Legendary. This prevents spikes in HP.

Rally - to me this is more of a "what-if" skill, as in "What if I f#%$ up royally..." since I tend to nudge or lose focus while playing. This gives you that Second Wind to regain your composure, especially when you have adrenaline active. Something I would press together with Colossus in a panic situation

Battle Rage tree -  I agree with you. Even more so since I play low OA Conquerors, meaning I'll take all the damage I can get.

Quick Recovery - ehhh... I really have no opinion, I bandwagon on this one. Everyone seems to swear by it so I just develop it after I max out shield passives and armor handling.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 02 January 2018, 17:09:35 »
yes resilience is worth maxing for me also.. i don't want to say bad things about the guide.. believe me i was thinking of punching myself

No problem botebote77, it is an original guide so a lot of things have definitely changed since it was written.  But I found it useful to help me learn the game and get to the end.  I went more on the Defense side first and I took Concussive Blow as well.  Never used Quick Recovery, War Horn or Batter much, they don't appeal to me.  I died a lot, but that's nothing unusual - I still do that a fair amount even now I know the game much better.  Thanatos can have a read and take what they like from it or not, it's up to them.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Thanatos

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 07 January 2018, 20:57:03 »
Thanks for all of the feedback everyone, and thanks for posting that guide Medea. I am currently juggling a lot of toons and I'll be sure to re-reference this thread. My initial impression of playing a Conqueror up to the end of Act 1 (obviously not very far) has been a bit bland. I will be sure to re-visit my Conq at some point, but I am having way too much fun playing a Poison/Bleed illusionist, the Lightning/Cold Mage, and Vitality Mage at the moment.

I have never made it to Legendary difficulty yet, and I imagine a Conqueror would have a pretty good shot due to all of the survival.

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 07 January 2018, 21:12:01 »
Yeah, he's not the most spectacular to play effects-wise, but for tankiness he's hard to beat.  :)

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal