Author Topic: "Chaotic & Problematic" Melee Stonespeaker Build (Fire - Elemental)  (Read 17134 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?

Stonspeaker... issues upon issues. Low health, low energy, low oa and da, no dodge, no avoid. Thankfully damage is not an issue here, unless you decide to go full fire with no reduced res, in which case Muselheim becomes a nightmare to deal with. So, it's only about figuring the best defensive setup, preferably with -energy cost and attack speed, to sustain your hp. I couldn't fit in -recharge unfortunately, but it's not the top requirement - rune skills are already on a relatively low cd.
I tried playing around with mind control (Orpheus Garland), since enemies would still burn while under it, but (not surprisingly) it's not a viable strategy. It fits nicely just on Aphrodite's Favour, as sort of a bonus.
With double Touch of Nyx and the fleece relic, energy cost gets reduced to 0, I already used this strategy on my shaman, and it's really the easiest way to cast this energy-hungry shield.
My offensive ability is barely enabling me to hit reliably, but all in all I'm glad stonespeaker turned out playable in Atlantis, well, thanks to some of the best items I have ^^;

Performance in 6-players diff: 6.5/10 (archers are the biggest issue, but they aren't too bad to deal with using eruption/mine field/fire nova)
Multiplayer: No problems; damage skyrockets with the wisp on the team; grants energy shield and rune of life
Fun meter: 6/10  (pretty neat for a melee char, good balance between spellcasting and weapon attacks)

Base Attributes:
1340 hp
300 ep
150 str
290 int
302 dex

Skill tree - Rune:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Skill tree - Earth:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Items:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Swap Weapon:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Laevateinn (arctic; reduced armor)
Aionios (str, cold res)
Coat of the Chosen (pierce res, health)
Stonebinder's Cuffs (alacrity)
Boots of the Valkyrie (veteran's; DA)

Legendary 6-players difficulty - Tower of Judgement

Legendary 6-players difficulty - Muspelheim
« Last Edit: 15 July 2019, 15:24:48 by Torstein159 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Billy_pilgrim

• View Profile
    • Awards
Pretty sure that runeword explode doesn't proc with melee attacks, so you could spend thsoe points elsewhere. Other than that very cool build once again!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Pretty sure that runeword explode doesn't proc with melee attacks, so you could spend thsoe points elsewhere. Other than that very cool build once again!
ahh, that seems about right, thank you for the reminder, I'll push the points elsewhere and reupload the rune tree :>

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
ahh, that seems about right, thank you for the reminder, I'll push the points elsewhere and reupload the rune tree :>
wait wait wait.. i tested this long time ago and i remember runeword explode procs with melee attacks.. it is runeword burn that does not proc with melee attacks.. it's easy to see if you test it.. the animation is different, it feels like it slows a bit, but it hits multiple enemies.. can you test again Tor?

edit: no fragments but hits multiple enemies.. that's how i remember it

edit 2: that said, i would take 5pts off heat shield and spread the pts on the core dweller.. but i could see if you don't want any pets
« Last Edit: 15 July 2019, 20:48:19 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
wait wait wait.. i tested this long time ago and i remember runeword explode procs with melee attacks.. it is runeword burn that does not proc with melee attacks.. it's easy to see if you test it.. the animation is different, it feels like it slows a bit, but it hits multiple enemies.. can you test again Tor?

edit: no fragments but hits multiple enemies.. that's how i remember it

edit 2: that said, i would take 5pts off heat shield and spread the pts on the core dweller.. but i could see if you don't want any pets
Sorry, i confused the 2 skills (explode - burn), the base skill procs with melee attacks, the synergy works only with ranged. I had points in Runeword:Burn, which didnt make sense indeed, so i've only changed that.

I guess with +8 earth it's worth trying out Corey, I just never bother with him as a given haha

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Billy_pilgrim

• View Profile
    • Awards
Yep I mean the synergy of runeword explode, rw: explode works with melee, rw: burn doesn't!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Torstein159

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Well after brief testing corey is really no good, especially in later areas of the game, not worth the effort of resummoning him and casting the energy armor on. I think kiting through the mine field with all enemies focused on me is still better.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal