Author Topic: Returning to TQ (+Ragnarok)  (Read 96024 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Returning to TQ (+Ragnarok)
« Reply #30 on: 14 April 2018, 11:49:05 »
maybe you think i feel better with all those flattery but i don't.. it's true that i don't think about any of those when i play casters but i don't feel like explaining anymore.. we are trying to help you here but it seems you don't want us to
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #31 on: 14 April 2018, 12:02:11 »
No it's not that.
I don't know if people seem to think I'm better than I am or something. Like, for everyone else the game is simple and doesn't need much thought. But that's different for me because I'm not that good despite playing a lot. When a piece of advice doesn't work for me, people just assume I'm not even trying even though I am, that's nobody's fault but mine though.

I'm not trying to flatter or anything like that, I guess I just don't see anything bad in anyone.

Great I'm already screwing up in another community, three days, wow a record.... Doesn't take long and then I'll be booted out.
This always happens, faster and faster each time.
« Last Edit: 14 April 2018, 12:05:25 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #32 on: 14 April 2018, 12:39:10 »
nah it's all good.. ok here's my thought process.. the OA, attack speed and DPS should be obvious enough because i use spells.. that is my game.. the DA and shield block, ok here's why.. my survivability mostly comes from kiting and CC.. that has always been my playstyle even before TQ.. in this game it seems like all masteries have some form of CC or survivability.. monster lure for hunting, squall and spell breaker for storm, slow and petrify for dream, etc.. most of those get better with cooldown reduction.. so cooldown reduction for me provides me with continuous casting of AoE spells as well as survivability.. the other priority for me is +to all skills.. i think every character benefits from that.. resists too of course.. everything else are just bonuses for me like percentile damage, run speed, energy regen, etc

so there i don't think about OA, DA, DPS, attack speed, and block chance.. of course the familiarity with the game is a big help.. also this is just me.. other people have their own styles and preference.. i wish to learn actually from other people and i have.. that's why i like reading guides and watching gameplays
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: 14 April 2018, 12:41:12 »
other people have their own styles

I don't think I have a playstyle.
Obviously you find it just by playing everything and finding what works better.

and I haven't found anything.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #34 on: 14 April 2018, 13:18:35 »
There is nothing like GrimTools for TQ but maybe if you upload your problem characters somewhere like dropbox, someone here will be able to pinpoint your problems.

I don't know how berserker could potentially help you btw, if I were to advise some of the simplest ways to play this game that are not conqueror, I would take the new nature mastery for briar ward and plague, or earth for core dweller on agressive. Both are pets though and only become good in epic.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: 14 April 2018, 15:17:29 »
Berserker seems fun so far.
I've gotten more than halfway to filling the warfare mastery, only put a little in rune so far.
I can imagine it being even more fun once I fill rune and get the dual wield passive and a few other things.

I know there's no specific weapon for rune or warefare like there is with defense (the crushing blow passive), I've decided on dual wielding axes, never used axes before so that'll make it a bit different too.

Just wish there was a gap closer for when I fight ranged enemies. Especially large groups so I can target the ranged first, zip into the group and take them out then focus on the melee.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: 14 April 2018, 15:34:14 »
I know there's no specific weapon for rune or warefare like there is with defense (the crushing blow passive), I've decided on dual wielding axes, never used axes before so that'll make it a bit different too.

I haven't tried this in a long time, so I'm not sure, but back in the day I'd always go for a sword in my main hand, and an axe or a club in the off-hand. That way you got the base attack speed and thus absolute chance to proc of the sword, but the higher damage per hit of the axe or club when it did proc.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: 14 April 2018, 15:59:13 »
uhh....lol see that's what I mean by you lot being so good.
Stuff like this, it's common knowledge to you guys but I have no idea  :P

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Firebrand

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: 15 April 2018, 02:32:31 »
I can understand why you'd want to use two axes, though. I personally like wielding two weapons of the same type, but two swords are too fast (would go over the attack speed cap), and two clubs... well. And you're a Berserker, after all! What goes better with a Berserker than double axes?

As for closing the gap to ranged enemies, War Wind is an excellent skill that will help you out there. The +300% movement speed makes you fast as lightning. Before Ragnarök (or Anniversary Edition, for that matter) one of my favorite Warfare tricks against a lot of archers was using War Wind and then immediately following up with War Horn. As a Berserker, you have Thunder Strike for another area attack, too!

I myself have a Berserker beyond halfway Act III now. I personally find it great fun so far. I hope you'll feel the same!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: 15 April 2018, 11:05:51 »
Didn't really think of warwind being a gap closer. I know there's the speed buff but since you just spin around I just use it in groups of enemies when I'm really close to them.
A single point (and a single point in lacerate too) is all it takes for me to drop a group of centaur so far (except the leaders of course).

Seems with this build suggested, I'll only have a couple of skills (and two of which I'll only use on bosses and minibosses, maybe heroes if I have to) so that will keep things simple.
The rest are passives.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: 16 April 2018, 14:37:06 »
Guess who died on normal...
I did....
I died on normal.

Not even the DLCs either, it was Act II.

I seriously don't belong here.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: 18 April 2018, 16:06:40 »
Ok maybe melee isn't the best thing for me.

Berzerker was fun, was fun seeing how long I could keep sacred rage up but I'm chugging potions like an addict and this won't bode well for Olympus (in particular, those cyclops and Typhon himself) and the two dlc acts won't be fun either. I can kill stuff easily, halfway through Act III but the difficulty curve will turn into a wall the second I hit Olympus.

No I think a ranged mage type is best for me. Still fragile but I can stay out of range. (plus if push comes to shove, I can cheese Typhon easily even if it takes ages)

Does anyone know a build guide? Preferably either Spirit+Storm or Dream+Spirit, or whatever is a good beginner one (I know I'm not a beginner but I may as well be).
Hopefully one that allows use of summons too, I like using summons.
« Last Edit: 18 April 2018, 16:08:39 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: 18 April 2018, 16:54:21 »
If you like summons that is what you should have done from the start. Summoners do not need gear, just yellow jewellery with pet damage - you have seen that in drops and shops all the time. Just grab nature, wolves, healing, heart of aok and briar ward, then add plague and refresh. pair it with whatever you want.

Warfare for battle standard which may be the highest damage option, and you can try to abuse ancestral horn. Though don't really need to, wolves with standard wipe the floor with anything that does not oneshot them outright.
Dream for nightmare buff and versatility - you can alternate trance of convalescence and empathy - the latter is for bosses that destroy pets like Yaoguai. For reflect, in combination with briar ward.
Earth for one more tough pet with provoke that attracts all attention. Though you don't need that with briar ward.
Storm for wisp, squall and the use of elemental damage on pets instead of physical. Runes seem to be able to do the same.
Spirit is a strange mastery for summoner since they nerfed life reduction, don't know why would you want it now, but maybe I need to try it to see it.

I think minmaxers around here should love the new nature mastery and briar ward. I know I did. Nature in TQAER is like dream in TQIT.

In legendary briar ward has 2,5-4K hp and grants up to 32% damage absorption on top of high regen. In act 1-2 most mobs don't even have damage to break that. In act 4-5 many do and will though. Either is has provoke now or mobs agro against sumons was changed - most mobs will completely ignore you for as long as there is at least one bush standing. Whatever breaks through (should be) under plague physical damage debuff (up to 52%) and won't hurt. To use briar ward on every pack you need some -recharge items (caster headgear and staves can have that, along with some epics and legendaries) and refresh skill.

Edit: just don't use briar ward when fighting Typhon, he'll heal himself full from it.
« Last Edit: 18 April 2018, 17:07:34 by mammoth_hunter »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Deepblue

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: 18 April 2018, 17:13:57 »
I think I like anything really.
I'm just trying to figure out what suits me best, to make it easier for me (not easy, just easier so I'm not struggling so much)

Nature might be fun because it means more summons.

Storm might be a good pairing so I can use squall to nerf archers and mages a bit plus being able to do some damage myself.
Earth would mean the summon from it would take all non-aoe damage so the wolves don't have to (non-aoe because obviously all summons will take damage from that no matter what)
Never tried Dream, might be good. I'm guessing you protect summons with it.

I figure most people who go for spirit do it for the lich summon and ternion

Besides the skills you mention, I don't really know what skills to go for and if I max them out or put one point in or what.
I know to put all attributes into intelligence. What bonuses to go with pet jewellry?
« Last Edit: 18 April 2018, 17:20:42 by Deepblue »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: 18 April 2018, 17:55:25 »
Here is your plan for level 30 Link

And the end Link

Nature mastery is pretty point intensive, if you want to do some damage yourself I'd take distort reality 1 pt with max temporal rift, but you'll have to move points in it from somewhere else.

Most of the time summoners use spirit and caster gear, staves can have pet damage but not only because of that. Some skills like healing are actually pretty energy intensive and caster gear has mana regen by default. Although with dream you can forgo that and rely on trance of convalescence instead.
« Last Edit: 18 April 2018, 19:44:28 by mammoth_hunter »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal