Author Topic: Diablo Immortal - siigh  (Read 18067 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Diablo Immortal - siigh
« on: 05 November 2018, 23:47:32 »

So bout that new Diablo game   ...which is for mobile.  ??? :-\

A sad mess indeed. Thoughts?
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Diablo Immortal - siigh
« Reply #1 on: 06 November 2018, 00:16:31 »
it was really bad move.

They did a video, hyping ALOT the fans, multiple project in works, while that can be true, they did only annouce THE MOBILE VERSION, in front of  community, wich is mostly pc gamers.

I mean i dont mind seeing a mobile version, it can be fun and all, but they did not saying anything at all about pc our whatever.

Holy, there will be warcraft 3 Remaster next year, and 0 for diablos content  ( yet)..

Time will they about the future. who knows
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #2 on: 06 November 2018, 00:34:12 »
Not really a fan of the franchise or anything, but to priorize mobile players over your loyal PC fans is just a stunning proof of stupidity.

"Don't you guys have phones?"  ???

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 06 November 2018, 01:07:26 »
it probably would've been a perfectly fine mobile game... if it weren't named diablo
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Diego982

• Titan Quest is not just a game, is a Mythology
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 06 November 2018, 01:21:22 »
One of the most stupid things I've seen in the Gaming Industry.

Not a problem with mobile gaming, but hype the Diablo community and then offering nothing in terms of PC gaming like an HD Remaster of Diablo II, not even a glimpse of hope was very, VERY idiotic.

And the way the public was handled at the Blizzcon... a PR disaster. It was a game destined to the chinese market and also to microtransactions (pay to level-up, gear, win, etc).

It's very sad see the gaming industry going to a route of money, money, and more money, without any concern about the brand or the franchise they are investing. Someone here that are a RPG fan remember the debacle of Mass Effect 3 ending? It is the first thing that came to my mind when this thing blow up.

It's very disenheartening seeing this. Thank God for developers like Crate Entertainment of Grim Dawn,  ThQ Nordic of Titan Quest and the guys from Path of Exile, talking only about ARPGs. And also other companies that give value to the players, who are the reason of why their employees and CEOs are making huge money these days.

I only hope that this trend changes in gaming in general.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline andyblast

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 06 November 2018, 01:30:30 »
This discussion is ignoring 2 critical facts:

1. old school gamers are aging fast & are not target audience which spends anything in vicinity of what game execs hope from gamers.
2. younger (<20 y/o) gamers dont have the time available or invest-able effort for the learning curve of old school PC games.

Also, Blizz is controlled by MBA types from activision, PC gaming isnt big there anymore, its just not dying fast enough for them to write off diablo/WoW/Startcraft as a marketable franchise.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 06 November 2018, 01:57:04 »
This discussion is ignoring 2 critical facts:

1. old school gamers are aging fast & are not target audience which spends anything in vicinity of what game execs hope from gamers.
2. younger (<20 y/o) gamers dont have the time available or invest-able effort for the learning curve of old school PC games.

Also, Blizz is controlled by MBA types from activision, PC gaming isnt big there anymore, its just not dying fast enough for them to write off diablo/WoW/Startcraft as a marketable franchise.
i don't get this.. why would you make a diablo game if it's not directed towards diablo fans?

if they just want to make a mobile game directed towards young gamers that doesn't have a clue about diablo, then why make the game a diablo spin-off? just make a mobile game then but don't say it's a diablo game
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline andyblast

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 06 November 2018, 03:07:12 »
i don't get this.. why would you make a diablo game if it's not directed towards diablo fans?

if they just want to make a mobile game directed towards young gamers that doesn't have a clue about diablo, then why make the game a diablo spin-off?

They made a diablo mobile game to get a share of the pie (of mobile gaming market). Diablo is their franchise with THE HIGHEST NAME RECOGNITION (think of relatives of elected officials standing for elections OR medicine labels that say: compare to xxxxx proprietary brand).

PS: I got offered ~60k a year more than my usual going rate for JUST KNOWING basics of mobile testing over & above my usual skill-set. Its all about mobile, here in US, gaming & otherwise...

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 06 November 2018, 03:12:47 »
it's all about getting more sales then.. and this new diablo game screams micro transactions

before:
"i have leveled up, now i can get this amazing skill"

now:
"dad, i want to buy this amazing skill, can i ask for some money?"
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
« Reply #9 on: 06 November 2018, 03:20:23 »
Understandably, Blizzard wants to get a part of the mobile market. Tell me if I missed something, but on what planet should that prevent the release of PC release?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline wolpak

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: 06 November 2018, 03:23:02 »
I think there are a few things at play here.  First, Blizzard makes a ton of money off of Hearthstone and micro-transactions are a money maker.  Second, they are working on Diablo 4 (according to them) but the problem is that they aren't so far away from Diablo 3 were it would be considered such an upgrade.  Third, they are just releasing Diablo 3 for the Switch which would definitely take a hit if Diablo 4 was announced for the PC and other gaming systems at the same time.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline andyblast

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 06 November 2018, 03:33:21 »
Mobile gaming ROI is a fraction of PC game development (no of resources, time for developing the end product). Then again, PC gamers expect the world of their games & are more "married" to them, unlike mobile gaming which generally last a few months for any given game in a pre-teen's consciousness.

As exhibit, i submit, the emergence of practically ZERO non FPS games out of US while EU is all about PC.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 06 November 2018, 04:51:46 »
i just read that there is no mana in diablo:immortal.. there is cooldown but no mana

wow now it's closer to other mobile arpgs.. the types of games you forget in a few months

i know they're trying to simplify things in order to cater to more (young) gamers but this feels like an insult really

also, some people say blizzard is deleting dislikes and negative comments on youtube.. fantastic
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 06 November 2018, 05:51:19 »
wow.. seriously.. i checked and i just got my dislike removed.. how'd that happen.. i put it back again

edit: i mean this video
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ab2-WW1skOM&t=37s

my downvote got removed
« Last Edit: 06 November 2018, 05:55:37 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline andyblast

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 06 November 2018, 05:55:22 »
wait whut???

Blizz cant access googleapis in that manner...

Tags: diablo blizzard 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal