Author Topic: Diablo Immortal - siigh  (Read 18041 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Diablo Immortal - siigh
« Reply #15 on: 06 November 2018, 06:00:00 »
wait whut???

Blizz cant access googleapis in that manner...
do you mean the removing of dislikes? one youtuber made a video

i also read it somewhere before.. maybe if i find the link I'll post it here

and i just got my downvote removed.. (from their trailer video i posted previously)
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline andyblast

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: 06 November 2018, 06:20:32 »
OK, i don't know what this guy's inference really means but Alphabet is Hades legendary as compared to Blizz being normal Shaman. If its truly some kinda cheating of the api, google will eat blizz whole.

Also, I gave up on blizz & their shenanigans right after Cataclysm, so they can go die for all I care, haven't even played DIII.

As to adding fake likes, I do have kind of personal-ish experience with that, some out-of-job friends get paid per like/good review & so forth on most every active social forum.
« Last Edit: 06 November 2018, 06:24:04 by andyblast »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #17 on: 06 November 2018, 07:30:12 »
I've read that they're constantly removing the vid and then uploading again trying to get rid of the dislikes.  Also read an article yesterday that said they had planned to announce D4, but pulled it at the last minute.  Whatever the truth is, it's been a PR disaster for them.

Having tried D2 after some years of playing TQIT I soon gave up on it and never bothered with the franchise again.  While I can appreciate it was groundbreaking in its day, it just looks old and outdated now.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline andyblast

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: 06 November 2018, 07:45:25 »
...was groundbreaking in its day, it just looks old and outdated now...

Agreed 100%

looks over shoulder to see if a mob is coming with pitchforks...  ;)

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: 06 November 2018, 07:55:07 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: 06 November 2018, 07:58:42 »
...was groundbreaking in its day, it just looks old and outdated now...

looks over shoulder to see if a mob is coming with pitchforks...  ;)
naw.. it does look old and outdated now.. it was great in its day though
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: 06 November 2018, 08:30:39 »
This discussion is ignoring 2 critical facts:

1. old school gamers are aging fast & are not target audience which spends anything in vicinity of what game execs hope from gamers.

When it comes to Diablo, old school gamers are the majority target audience and therefore ultimately determine the revenue margin - something the 'execs' would know and consider wisely if they had any morsel of wisdom.

2. younger (<20 y/o) gamers dont have the time available or invest-able effort for the learning curve of old school PC games.

That's a pretty broad statement but I get what your saying.  I would go one further though and say that the younger gamer demographic almost always latches on to the 'Latest and Greatest' trending games i.e: Fornite or COD or the battle royale craze etc.  Are they likely keeping a close eye on the Diablo franchise? Doubt it.  Are old school PC gamers? Well, as the whole internet attests to - yep. 

Anyway, regardless I get why Blizzard are claiming some of the mobile pie, but taking the first bite with the Diablo fork?! Heck, they could have done it with any other IP like trashy Overwatch.  At the end of the day it was a poorly timed announcement > to an audience that utterly doesn't give a crap about mobile > to finally (adding salt to the wound) providing nothing else substantial such as even a basic teaser image of D4.   

Understandably, Blizzard wants to get a part of the mobile market. Tell me if I missed something, but on what planet should that prevent the release of PC release?

Pretty much this^ nailed it WNG  8)

~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: 06 November 2018, 09:41:22 »
hey, this is interesting
https://mobile.twitter.com/Grummz/status/1059206672143409155

I'm on mobile right now and just copied the link
the guy was a producer of diablo 2
edit: here for the images (i hope the dude doesn't mind :) )
Spoiler for Hiden:

i can understand why medea wouldn't like diablo 1or 2, if she has played it after TQ.. that made the game at least 6 yrs old when she first tried it.. and early 2000s seems to be the time there were huge improvements in PC graphics.. i think even movies (CGI).. just look at star wars  :))
« Last Edit: 06 November 2018, 10:14:36 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: 06 November 2018, 09:59:00 »
the graphic of d2  are great into my eyes, i know it is 2018 but i still have its greatness
Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: 06 November 2018, 10:55:13 »
hey, this is interesting
https://mobile.twitter.com/Grummz/status/1059206672143409155

I'm on mobile right now and just copied the link
the guy was a producer of diablo 2
edit: here for the images (i hope the dude doesn't mind :) )
Spoiler for Hiden:

i can understand why medea wouldn't like diablo 1or 2, if she has played it after TQ.. that made the game at least 6 yrs old when she first tried it.. and early 2000s seems to be the time there were huge improvements in PC graphics.. i think even movies (CGI).. just look at star wars  :))

Thing that broke it for me was the miniscule inventory your characters had.  By the time you had a few potions and a couple of runes/glyphs/whatever they were that you needed to keep to add to your character's skills the inventory was nearly full and you couldn't take more than one or two items back to sell.  Shuffling back and forth in TQIT with only the one bag is annoying enough, but that drove me nuts.  I think I got to the end of Act 2 or maybe 3 - whichever had a cold dealing boss which I couldn't manage to kill, but at that point I gave up.  The constant starting in town and having to make your way to wherever you left off in the last play session didn't help either.  Was really annoyed with Crate when they took that route for GD back in early access.  Also hated that transparent map, I wanted a proper mini-map.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: 06 November 2018, 11:37:42 »
that's probably Duriel so act 2.. and that also says you played diablo 2 with the expansion already.. most d2 players tend to fill their inventories with charms, then horadric cube.. then pick only items that will sell for a lot of gold and put it in horadric cube

good ol' times  ^-^

edit: 2 of the things i missed the most are gamble and PvP
gamble was really fun.. but in one of the updates, they took away the chance to get legendaries from gamble.. which i think is meh.. diablo 2 had many changes attempting to keep up with the newer games, some of them were bad i think
PvP was really fun.. seeing all those ears was really fun :))
« Last Edit: 06 November 2018, 11:48:57 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: 06 November 2018, 11:47:35 »
Yeah, I had the Lords of Destruction expansion too, couldn't run the game without that. I think I had 2-3 charms and the cube, but it was such a pain going back and forth, especially since you needed to use a scroll to teleport so sometimes meant walking back.  I had the Pluggy inventory expansion to use when I got back there, but it was the character inventory which was crazy. The rest of the game was okay-ish, but just didn't grab me enough to want to continue trying to play it. I went back to TQIT and never bothered with it again.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #27 on: 06 November 2018, 12:05:33 »
wow.. seriously.. i checked and i just got my dislike removed.. how'd that happen.. i put it back again

edit: i mean this video
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ab2-WW1skOM&t=37s

my downvote got removed
They're just reup video, again  >:D
Like what they did several time before  >:D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline icefreeze

• ??
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +7
« Reply #28 on: 06 November 2018, 12:10:22 »
I've read that they're constantly removing the vid and then uploading again trying to get rid of the dislikes.  Also read an article yesterday that said they had planned to announce D4, but pulled it at the last minute.  Whatever the truth is, it's been a PR disaster for them.

Having tried D2 after some years of playing TQIT I soon gave up on it and never bothered with the franchise again.  While I can appreciate it was groundbreaking in its day, it just looks old and outdated now.

So you prefer TQ more than D2 :D
I'm too, when i see someone play D2, i try but not care about it much.
I like TQ, Torchlight1,2 more.
Even Dungeon Siege 3 i end game with all character several time. While i don't have enjoyable to play it an hour.

P/S: Sorry i double post, but i don't see delete post button  :'(

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
« Reply #29 on: 06 November 2018, 13:26:59 »
I won't contrast TQ, D2 or  PoE. I like playing them both. But DII remains my best gaming experience ever (with Morrowind). Sure it's outdated now and the vault ingame is a drawback but What ... such an immersive game  ! If there was a DII remastered and the vault fixed, I would buy it with my eyes closed (for a PC version  ;D)

However, what Blizzard did on youtube by removing the dislikes is dirty and will be remembered by fans as a Blizzgate. Too bad.

Tags: diablo blizzard 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal