Author Topic: Some of my playthroughs  (Read 44543 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Some of my playthroughs - Temple of the Hidden Sun
« Reply #15 on: 11 April 2018, 16:41:21 »

so i just upgraded to windows 10 and discovered it has a built-in video recorder.. so i figured the best way to test it was with TQ.. and damn i lagged too much.. but nah maybe something just wasn't right.. I'll try it again someday.

so these guys can pack a punch.. or maybe it was just harder because of the lag.

somebody jog my memory.. i thought there was a boss here that only melee weapons work.. what was the name? i never encountered any.. or maybe it can't dodge AoE spells like distortion wave?
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Cygi

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #16 on: 11 April 2018, 19:23:03 »
somebody jog my memory.. i thought there was a boss here that only melee weapons work.. what was the name?

The sheep.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: 11 April 2018, 21:26:59 »
somebody jog my memory.. i thought there was a boss here that only melee weapons work.. what was the name?

The sheep.
09:30 jimmy? oh lolz to think that i portalled home to find a melee weapon just for that.. found rimescythe on my caravan and equipped it.. so it's only tough for archers and throwing weapon users but not for casters then.. thnx
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Some of my playthroughs - Mage Haruspex
« Reply #18 on: 14 April 2018, 00:23:52 »

there's a reason why i showed Grey sisters and water spirits.. this build is built for mobs and Grey sisters are boss mobs.. and water nymphs main weakness is lightning and EBD

there are some things i did not mention in my guide:

1) visor of the shadowlord is near BiS for this build.. high armor, +1 all skills, 50% EBD.. i just can't say absolute BiS because you can always get lucky with like hallowed revenant of the gods lelz

2) if you want, you can actually play this as a caster petmaster (see my GoldTooth fight).. you can spend lots of gold for summon scrolls like behemoth, or you can equip summon items if there are good ones but i don't know of any.. the doppelganger maybe but i don't know if it's worth it.. the achaean pass quest in act 4 where you are given 4 archer allies can be really good.. how do you boost your pets? ToC, nightmare mastermind, herbal remedy, and permanent call of the hunt.. plus the ability to spam study prey and monster lure really helps.. you can take them all the way to Hades if you want.. sadly, the achaean pass quest is bugged in my version of xmax

3) throwing weapons.. i don't know if i mentioned this in my guide but some throwing weapons can be really good for this build.. they can be like your wand (one hand mage weapons).. my favourite is neith's will which drops like candy in epic.. not too high dex requirement and really good stats for a mage.. plus it gives you additional DA from wood lore (like this build even needed a boost :)

4) the 33% damage to beasts/beastmen from call of the hunt works also for spells

5) never forget to have lots of mana pots in hand.. just look at my Hades fight lelz

6) it's not flashy enough: (
« Last Edit: 14 April 2018, 03:27:37 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Some of my playthroughs - Mage Prophet
« Reply #19 on: 18 April 2018, 23:56:38 »

i hope you guys don't mind my videos.. as i said in another thread, i just want to help the way i know how.. again, this toon is not mine, it's my nephews.. if it's me, i might not be able to resist equipping it with a shield.. but still a caster of course

this was self-found so 80% CDR was only reached in legendary.. this was wearing adepts clasp till act 1 or 2 legendary (can't remember).. but it's ok because distort reality can carry you past epic even with long cooldown

it's hard to see here but if you look closely, spell breaker dispels Typhon's thorns

btw, i think I'm having way less lags now with windows 10 yaaay
« Last Edit: 19 April 2018, 00:05:33 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Laionidas

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Some of my playthroughs
« Reply #20 on: 19 April 2018, 08:37:15 »
That build looks really nice actually. Nine out of ten mages rely on either Ternion, or some projectile or wave based attack spell. This one doesn't.

I'm wondering though, about Energy Shield. I've never used it because it states that it protects against Lightning and Cold only, and whenever I get shafted in this game, it's either by Fire or Life Leech, but never by Lightning or Cold. Is it worth it, or does Reflection apply to all damage types, and do you simply put a single point into Energy Shiled, just to max Reflection?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: 19 April 2018, 09:02:38 »
i don't have much experience with this char but i also have energy shield/reflection on my sorcerer.. and when i battle Typhon, when his health is low and he hits me with his meteor thing when i have energy shield/reflection up, he dies.. so i would say it reflects other types of damage as well not just lighting and cold.. energy shield itself is not bad because it's absorption so it's still good even if you have high cold and lightning res already.. but i wouldn't say it's worth maxing

hmm let's see the changes in this build compared to TQIT:

1) static charge now also boosts EBD, it used to boost only lightning
2) elemental DoT now scales with %elemental damage
3) vit now scales with int
4) physical damage from spells now scales with str.. distort reality has some physical damage also.. not much with this build because it's int build but still it's a plus

damn this really got boosted in AE/R.. the only nerf i can think is you can't stack 100% CDR anymore.. but then again every build with 100% CDR was broken
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
« Reply #22 on: 19 April 2018, 13:01:12 »
Two things about the new energy shield:

1 - it was changed from flat to %based absorption, up to 85%
2 - at around level 75 you will likely have enough skill points for all the skills you wanted, and also those you didn't, as well as those you never even considered. So yeah, my caster druid has it maxed, and it is very useful against all the new reflect mobs.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: 23 April 2018, 21:33:17 »

i thought Maddened God would last longer.. i also held little hope that monster lure would work on Fafnir (lelz).. have to find other tricks then

i also realized this is one of the reasons why i can't play hardcore :(  .. i respect you hardcore guys (and girl/s)..  it's not you it's me lolz.. these kinds of fights i enjoy so much it's hard for me to resist doing it a few more times.. not just because of the loot.. i was literally smiling while i was playing this.. hadn't had this much fun playing TQ or any other games in quite a while

this loot was just a bonus but a very good bonus

wew where else can you get a +1 ring :)

edit: hmm i didn't notice TQvault doesn't list it well.. it's actually

fire and lightning res
50% chance of fire/burn/lightning/EBD
+1 to all skills
« Last Edit: 24 April 2018, 07:50:29 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: 26 April 2018, 21:28:43 »

played a few minutes.. all fafnir runs.. no tricks seem to work.. tried scroll of the sky's rage and greater scroll of the earthquake, stun don't work.. divine scroll of sun's blessing, maybe he's weak against burn? nope useless.. distort reality, maybe he can be petrified even for a very short time.. nope no luck.. greater scroll of necromancer, undeads should be immune/resistant to vit and poison right? all 3 skeletons dead in 5 seconds or less.. the best scrolls that work seem to be maddened god and unbroken fortitude.. and the best strategy seem to be kill as fast as you can while being very careful.. no effective strategies found and i got 2 deaths hohohohoho.. the damages he deals seem to be vit, poison, burn, and maybe bleed (but not sure).. but it looks like it's all DoTs

i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Some of my playthroughs - difficulty bump
« Reply #25 on: 01 May 2018, 22:20:49 »

yggdrasil area act 5 legendary

what is it they cast? i know they have thorns but i see now it's not only thorns.. some kind of energy drain? (4:48).. and seems like they have life leech too? act 5 still have mysteries.. big reason why i died was because i lost my HoO

there's a difficulty bump in that area.. sometimes this is why i record my gameplays.. i actually study them lolz.. the area must be hell in full xmax (this is xmax x3 btw)

edit: granted, i see now when i watched it again i wasn't careful enough.. i should've noticed i lost my HoO and envenom

and how did i get here? i actually died again because i couldn't get out.. check the pic

I'll follow this up in a few days.. i got another area to show where i think monsters got buffed
« Last Edit: 01 May 2018, 22:51:36 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: 03 May 2018, 02:32:49 »
i think i figured it out (the energy drain).. my artifact is golden eye of sun wukong.. that artifact grants spirit thief skill

spirit thief: activated upon taking damage
8000% energy drained (200% of lost energy as damage)

that skill activated and it got reflected.. poof all my energy gone including my buffs.. so that probably means even energy drain can be reflected too.. that also probably means they have no energy drain

but there comes another problem.. i realized I'm actually lucky it's just spirit thief.. what if I'm wearing blood of ares? or elemental rage? or ikon of Zeus? those artifacts have granted skills that can potentially one shot the user if reflected by those mobs

so i guess let this be a warning guys.. if you're entering that area and you have any of those artifacts, be very wary.. or better yet temporarily replace your artifact
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Some of my playthroughs - 3 Loki kiting (legendary)
« Reply #27 on: 06 May 2018, 02:58:04 »
i see now.. 3 lokis can be kited but not boss kite style but mob kite style.. dangerous but doable.. haven't tried but i imagine scroll of frailty or unbroken fortitude would help with this style.. maddened god also worked the one time i tried it.. he can't be frozen, i tried

by mob kite style i meant going backwards instead of running in circles.. and also using the surroundings to your advantage

the other problem area i mentioned earlier was jotuns and frost giants but found that they're actually not that hard with careful playing
« Last Edit: 06 May 2018, 03:17:33 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
TQ Naruto edition - Uchiha bote
« Reply #28 on: 07 May 2018, 22:04:06 »

my quest for eternal sharingan
i need those eyes

chidori infused kunais and raiton lightning bolt techniques

this is a battle of the eyes, don't mess with the uchiha
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Re: Some of my playthroughs - 3 Loki kiting (legendary)
« Reply #29 on: 07 May 2018, 23:15:30 »
by mob kite style i meant going backwards instead of running in circles.. and also using the surroundings to your advantage

Hey nice find man  ;)
I really thought that there was a gate closed backwards for the Loki' s encounter.  A useful trick for Hardcore challenge.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal