Author Topic: Pantheon Mod - Development  (Read 270107 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Deities Mod - Early Development
« Reply #150 on: 05 March 2018, 17:19:59 »
Well done, nargil66. This huge gallery is a joy to watch especially those shots about the Nymph, amazing work really.

But I noticed a Dexter's Laboratory (the cartoon) image there, what the hell?  :P

If you put Dexter maybe you should add his arch-enemy too, Mandark ^^:

Note: just kidding I know why you posted that image, "my_greatest_creation is_completed"...:D
« Last Edit: 05 March 2018, 17:26:16 by CrocMagnum »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #151 on: 05 March 2018, 17:59:21 »
If you put Dexter maybe you should add his arch-enemy too, Mandark ^^:

Done. :P

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: 06 March 2018, 14:33:13 »
...Done. :P

Mwahaha ! Thank you kindly. :)

You did well sorting out these files, cos in the long run this clutter can cause issues, like taking forever to find a mere file. I bet the same goes for modding: letting disorganized files lie around is like kicking yourself in the nut. ^^

Anyways cheers for keeping these progress updates going.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: 09 March 2018, 06:51:39 »
Last night i checked my old notes and found alot of ideas there. First and second post are updated. All the lone and empty posts about the different mastery trees are now removed and added to opening post.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: 12 March 2018, 19:02:12 »
The big "stuckness" that was holding me from working on the masteries is finally over. Early preview of Hephaistos skill tree:

[missing]

All skills and some of the descriptions are in place. None of the skills do what it should yet, but that's the fun part.
From now on i'll put some changelogs when posting progress. Most people do it after release, but whatever. Log for the latest changes:

Deities 0.1i Alpha
- Added some missing effects on War Banner (changed name back from Blood Banner)
- Changed spartoi default attack animation to melinoe one (looks way cooler)
- Reworked Triumph to be a buff skill modifier, giving +% Total Dmg, reducing energy cost and adding disrupt and fear resistance. There is enough resistance debuff already in the mastery when using Call of Deimos (old Doom Horn)
- Made some charm backgrounds for normal and Hero charms, so i can easier mke chams later. Here is how they will look in each difficulty:

- Added latest CaravanXL to the package.

« Last Edit: 03 November 2018, 17:30:18 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: 12 March 2018, 19:09:48 »
Good,nargil,good!Hahahaha!I can sense that the Force is strong with you!Hahahaha.....

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: 13 March 2018, 20:25:33 »
50% of the skills in Hephaestus are working as intended. Pets aren't ready yet. Aside from this there are some changes in Artemis tree. Spirit wolves use Phantom Strike starting from lvl 5. They "blink" in the battlefield from time to time, which looks cooler i think :) Also they are summoned by a horn sound as said in the description. There are problems with the new skills tho. Phantom strike works, but doesn't show in the pet ui. Horn... for now it just the sound really... character doesnt use animation, and i imagined the wolf to use howl on spawn, immediately after horn. Can't find where both links are located.
« Last Edit: 03 November 2018, 17:31:22 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #157 on: 13 March 2018, 20:35:49 »
If you want the wolves to use their Howl skill on spawn, place it in their Skill Tree with a set level > 0 and then place it in the "InitialSkill" in the skill config tab of the wolf file.

Why wouldn't the Phantom Skill show up? The only reason I know that would prevent that would be if the All Groups/UI Information/isPetDisplayable bit in the pet skill file was set to 0 instead of 1.

Place CallOfTheHunt in the summon skill's All Groups/Skill Config/skillSpecialAnimation slot. That correlates to the player animation in the PC animation file and will override the attackSpell default animation.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: 13 March 2018, 21:02:02 »
Yes! All works now, except the howl, which is not added yet. Thanks alot!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: 14 March 2018, 06:50:52 »
Last night i was kinda burned out from working with database, and i tried to find as much as i can on Hecate. I really want to draft a cool mastery about her. Here are the results of my "research":

Spoiler for Hiden:
HECATE

Symbols

Torches - they bring light in the darkness, literally and symbolicaly; she also use them as weapons to burn the giant Clytius in the war between gods and giants
Key - unlocks mysteries and/or serves as a key to the Underworld/Cosmic Worlds
Rope/Whip/Snake - instrument to banish evil spirits, symbol of the link between the body and the spirit
Dagger/Sword - cuts through illusions, used in sacrifices and herbalism, used in witchcraft to command spirits, cuts the spirit from the body (see above)

Powers

Power over the Dead/Necromancy
Knowledge of Herbs/Poisons - aconite, beladonna (aka nightshade), mandrake, asphodel and other plants are connected to her
Power over the Elements - she is said to rule part of earth, sea and sky

Companions

Lampades - torch-bearing underworld nymphs who serve as her retunue.
Empusa - a monstrous demonic being, which was sent by Hecate to frighten travelers
Black dog(s) - Hecates familiar(s), some legends say the dog is the transformed Trojan queen Hecuba. In other myths there are many Stygian dogs, syrrounding Hecate.
Polecat - Another transformed mortal woman, this time it’s the witch Gale
Ghosts - surround Hecate in the underworld

Other symbols

Crossroads
Dark moon/Moonless night
Crescent
Eleusinian Mysteries - (a ritual which represents the returning of Persephone to the living world). She helps Demeter to find Persephone after being abducted from Hades.
Brass sandals
Man, this will not be easy. All these different aspects, and i have to make a single mastery from it.

For now i only decided some of the sub-trees:

1. A tree column for Poison skills/Herbalism
2. A tree column for Necromancy
3. Another column for Summoning (i think lampades and Empusa will look coolest as pets)
4. Another column for Elemental mastery (i cant decide if the skills to be split to fire, cold and lightning or to do Elemental damage).
On the last 2 columns im lost. Maybe one of them can be Symbols (the torch, key, whip and dagger), but what will they do  :-\? And i have not any idea what the 6th column will be about. Any idea or suggestion for skills is wellcome. They just have to be connected to the things listed in the spoiler.

« Last Edit: 14 March 2018, 07:21:30 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline CrocMagnum

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: 14 March 2018, 16:36:43 »
Hi, nargil66. I took the time to browse your Mastery drafts on page 1 and I have a few questions:

Phoenix (Summon) (Apollo Mastery)

I read "Resurrection activates on 1%". Isn’t a 1% chance a bit low? If I recollect in Titan Quest chances to trigger needed to amount to at least 5% to be noticeable.

Then there’s the cooldown of the skill which is another factor. The cooldown is not displayed on the draft so I can’t comment much further, still I find this Familiar intriguing,

Note: also that’s resurrection (not ressurection)

Poseidon Mastery

I know you haven’t outlined this Mastery yet, but I must confess I’m eager to learn how you’re going to set up this class. I mean Poseidon was the god of seas, and there isn’t much water in a hack’s’slash. :P Still Poseidon was also the god of earthquakes and horses, so maybe you can work out something.

Quite frankly I was almost going to tell you about the Kraken -Release the Kraken! Mwahaha- Then I realized the Kraken has nothing to do with Greek mythology! So I just realized the quote from the Clash of the Titans movie was actually erroneous, this is disturbing ^^! However as far as Greek sea monster goes I remember a creature named Scylla: Scylla The Sea Monster

These were just some food for thoughts hey. And yes you're right: devising these new Masteries is totally not easy, I commend your great effort. :)

Edit: about Hecate Mastery nothing comes out of my mind right now, but if I devise anything I'll let you know.

« Last Edit: 14 March 2018, 16:44:30 by CrocMagnum »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: 14 March 2018, 19:13:11 »
So Hecate posses necromantic powers,right?How about introducing some ethereal looking skeletons or something like that.Do you remeber those badass skeletons from Spirit mastery in Soulvizier mod?Thats what Im talking about!Since she is the "goddess" of cosmic/ethereal energy,I think it will make a lot of sense for her to be able to summon ethereal skeletons or reapers,how I like to call them.I know you are already planing on adding ghosts or something like that,but I think this will look very badass.They dont have to be permanent summons,if you think it will be inbalanced or it will make the mastery pet-focused.Now, a mastery/class that uses necromancy is usually a summoner class,but I leave that up to you to decide.
« Last Edit: 14 March 2018, 19:16:03 by mvlad954 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: 14 March 2018, 22:50:14 »
Hi, nargil66. I took the time to browse your Mastery drafts on page 1 and I have a few questions:

Phoenix (Summon) (Apollo Mastery)

I read "Resurrection activates on 1%". Isn’t a 1% chance a bit low? If I recollect in Titan Quest chances to trigger needed to amount to at least 5% to be noticeable.

Then there’s the cooldown of the skill which is another factor. The cooldown is not displayed on the draft so I can’t comment much further, still I find this Familiar intriguing,

Note: also that’s resurrection (not ressurection)

Yeah, now when i look at it, on 1% its impossible to activate. l'll think more about it... He can just spawn another phoenix on death (with 50% chance?), but i'm not sure if the second one counts as a pet. If he does, Bumbleguppy said before he won't give you XP...
I'll fix the spelling for next update of the draft. Thanks for the correction :).

Poseidon Mastery

I know you haven’t outlined this Mastery yet, but I must confess I’m eager to learn how you’re going to set up this class. I mean Poseidon was the god of seas, and there isn’t much water in a hack’s’slash. :P Still Poseidon was also the god of earthquakes and horses, so maybe you can work out something.

Quite frankly I was almost going to tell you about the Kraken -Release the Kraken! Mwahaha- Then I realized the Kraken has nothing to do with Greek mythology! So I just realized the quote from the Clash of the Titans movie was actually erroneous, this is disturbing ^^! However as far as Greek sea monster goes I remember a creature named Scylla: Scylla The Sea Monster

Yeah, Poseidon mastery can be troublesome. But i already have some skill ideas:

Earthshaker - hight tier skill. Large radius, physical dmg and physical DoT, immobilization, chance of stun.
Poseidon's Trident - Left button skill, activates on every 3rd hit, uses spear or staff, hits 3 enemies or cast 3 projectiles.
Geyser - similar to Charon's Spell. Cold dmg, frostburn... maybe freeze. Even when Poseidon's disciple is far from the sea, he can still control underground water.
Blood Dilution - A skill that influence the waters (blood) in enemy's body. 0% bleeding dmg + high % bleeding duration.
Summon Sea Horse - A horse is possible to be made to a pet, it has already been done in Masteries mod i think.
Summon triton/Sea witch - your main pet. It's already in Ragnarok.
Summon Cetus/Ketos - Ultimate timed summon. According to theoi.com:

Spoiler for Hiden:
"In Greek mythology the Trojan Cetus was a giant sea-monster sent by Poseidon to plague the land of Troy as punishment for King Laomedon's refusal to pay him for the building of the city's walls".

Kraken is from nordic mythology, but Cetus is greek and a good counterpart.
About Scylla, check the notes about bosses in second post. She will be in the mod as a boss monster. The problem with making her summon is that she is a daughter of Phorkys (another sea god) but not directly connected to Poseidon.

So Hecate posses necromantic powers,right?How about introducing some ethereal looking skeletons or something like that.Do you remeber those badass skeletons from Spirit mastery in Soulvizier mod?Thats what Im talking about!Since she is the "goddess" of cosmic/ethereal energy,I think it will make a lot of sense for her to be able to summon ethereal skeletons or reapers,how I like to call them.I know you are already planing on adding ghosts or something like that,but I think this will look very badass.They dont have to be permanent summons,if you think it will be inbalanced or it will make the mastery pet-focused.Now, a mastery/class that uses necromancy is usually a summoner class,but I leave that up to you to decide.

TBH, im not a big fan of how Spirit Mastery was made in Titan Quest (one of the reasons i rarely choose it). The original greek word "nekromanteia" means literally "divinaton with the help of the dead", and its more like being a medium. Summoning undead is a modern thing, coming after medieval times and has nothing to do with old necromancy. In the greek legends i know only of Asclepios to bring back the dead, and he is refered as divine healer, not as necromancer. "Undead" cant exist in ancient Greece, because Hades won't allow it.
Btw, talking of Soulvizier/Underlord, i imagine Hecate to be more like the Occult mastery (im a huge fan of it). So she will summon underworld demons instead of undead or ghosts. Don't worry, when i make her pets finally, you won't regret there aren't any skeletons ;)
« Last Edit: 15 March 2018, 03:07:34 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #163 on: 15 March 2018, 03:12:20 »
Early draft of Hecate Mastery (some skills are missing):

[missing]

I think it's shaping as a fun mastery to play :).
« Last Edit: 03 November 2018, 17:32:27 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #164 on: 15 March 2018, 12:17:00 »
Progress update for Alpha 0.1j:

Fixes
- Fixed peek through lines in mastery screen being different color
- Fixed Dragon's Fire Breath not showng in the pet UI

Changes
- Started Hephaestus mastery - its on about 20% now
- Spatoi gain a new skill at lvl 5 - Shield Ram (same as Shield Charge for now)
- Wolves gain Phantom Strike at lvl 5 (+%Total Damage, +%Dmg converted to Heath, +% Movement speed)
- Wolves are summoned with a horn animation and sound.
« Last Edit: 03 November 2018, 17:32:55 by nargil66 »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal