Author Topic: Version 2 Development LOC  (Read 229628 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Version 2 Development
« Reply #30 on: 08 December 2017, 00:38:20 »
Hey BG, i dont know if your still workink on Rogue mastery, i have an idea for a skill. Caltrops - large radius, blinking effect, slow down movement and pierce/bleed enemies that walk on it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #31 on: 08 December 2017, 00:39:10 »
I guess, if anyone still plays IT and not AE :D

I mean...c'mon!
I'm playing IT  :-X
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: 08 December 2017, 13:40:55 »
efko, the mastery skill changes for the IT version of LoC are now posted.  Not sure how up to date they are, but it'll give you an idea of the sort of thing BG's been doing.

BG, if you're still having problems with getting relics/charms to socket to throwing knives it might be worth contacting Nordic about it - they've managed to solve the problem.  I just put a Valor of Achilles relic on my Trickster's throwing knife.  Would be great if we can do that too in LoC.  Of course, might already be solved since the base game allows it.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -8
« Reply #33 on: 08 December 2017, 19:31:04 »
Hey BG, i dont know if your still workink on Rogue mastery, i have an idea for a skill. Caltrops - large radius, blinking effect, slow down movement and pierce/bleed enemies that walk on it.

I actually had a caltrops skill for Hired Goons that did pierce and bleed AoE, but I just wasn't satisfied with the way it looked. I wish I could have multiple mesh effects sprout from the ground but I don't have a caltrops mesh to do that with anyway.

BG, if you're still having problems with getting relics/charms to socket to throwing knives it might be worth contacting Nordic about it - they've managed to solve the problem.  I just put a Valor of Achilles relic on my Trickster's throwing knife.  Would be great if we can do that too in LoC.  Of course, might already be solved since the base game allows it.

Yeah, shouldn't need to do anything as this was a problem in the game engine, which if any of you know, I am unqualified to decompile and alter. :)

I suppose I should reconsider adding wands now, as they are just throwing knives with base elemental damage anyway. But adding shields for mages is the only reason you would want to do that as a player since they do less damage. So more work. Bah!
« Last Edit: 08 December 2017, 19:33:17 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: 08 December 2017, 23:10:49 »
I actually had a caltrops skill for Hired Goons that did pierce and bleed AoE, but I just wasn't satisfied with the way it looked. I wish I could have multiple mesh effects sprout from the ground but I don't have a caltrops mesh to do that with anyway.

I just had an idea, but idk if it's achievable or will look good. The goon/hero spawns invisible creatures around them, which die instantly and drop lots of small items (like rings), made even smaller or invisible too. Each ring has the glimmer of vanilla unique item, only white. All this is for looks. Skill works separately and area of effect is ~ same as the dropped items radius.
Edit: instead of rings can be used some spiky mace with invisible shaft and made very small.
Edit 2: I tried to make it. First test looks promising, i used sylvan nymph, to spawn burst of 6. Made their scale 0.01 and lifetime 0.1 seconds. Each drop two unique rings on death, which start to glimmer :D. Gonne try to replace ring mesh with scaled down bristlebash mace without shaft, it looks alot like a caltrop. 

« Last Edit: 09 December 2017, 00:18:53 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: 09 December 2017, 00:18:04 »
Okay, I see what you are after there. Pet Burst of several invisible pets and their initial skill is a attack radius aura with the aura effect being the sparkle of a white item. Lifetime of X seconds. Invincible and hidden from combat.

Could make this a player skill as a projectile pet spawn with an invisible projectile like Squall.

The UI tool tip will look funky as ppl will go huh? a pet? :D

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: 09 December 2017, 00:22:29 »
Yep, you read my thoughts :D
Edit - this is how it looks for now:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Can it be made an item dissolve after time? Or maybe each caltrop can be a monster?
Edit 2: Ok, it works. Turned the nymphs into caltrops:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Edit 3: Hmm, the caltrops in first picture looks more natural. Now I'm trying to make invincible and invisible battle stanadard spawn in the center, which is the aura. The BS is suppose to spawn creatures which have the caltrops equipped and die instantly dropping them. They are the effect.
« Last Edit: 09 December 2017, 13:29:25 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
  • Sometimes you just gotta march on Mount Olympus.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
« Reply #37 on: 09 December 2017, 15:27:10 »
I thought those caltrops were birds to be honest :P In the first one. Or are they?
Your inventory is full *Plays intense game of tetris*
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: 11 December 2017, 01:11:30 »
Why not have Caltrops behave similarly to Eruption? THe handle-less mace as a projectile mesh might work for it.

Had to redo the pirate cove before Megara as it had pushed into another area (the exit from the Pythian Caves) and forced a reload every time you crossed the invisible boundary. :)

I've removed the fire sprite summon so it's just one Magma Sprite and Coredweller who is now a timed summons. So Earth will be a tougher pet only build. Magma sprite is pretty tough though he's slow. He gets his faux-teleport skill at level 1 and has his onslaught modifier for attack speed and flat fire/burn retaliation.

Second modifier is "Lahar Shield" which has %damage reduction, +%fire retaliation and -%Damage retaliation.

Then he gets Fire Breath at tier 5. If you can get him to tier 5 and some +skills, he's a beast.

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: 11 December 2017, 07:46:04 »
Why not have Caltrops behave similarly to Eruption? THe handle-less mace as a projectile mesh might work for it.

Yeah, and spread like shrapnels from poison gas bomb, only slower.

Ima miss Corey... :/. Just please dont remove the goons! They are the coolest pets in v1 imo.
Cant wait to see the new nature mastery with the nymphs and make an illusionist again :)
The first of my illusionist to reach epic was a total blast. Quillvines on LMB, traps on RMB, knives equipped, activating flurry in between hurling seeds :D Nymph and goons spreading ranged death too. The most perfect trapper ever! Man, i havent played in weeks...

« Last Edit: 11 December 2017, 08:00:10 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: 12 December 2017, 08:52:27 »
A pet heavy mod with reduced pets.  Feelsbadman.  :(  And timed summons again! Feelsevenmorebadman.  :(  :(  No health potions either.  You're putting me off playing this pretty quickly BG.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: 12 December 2017, 15:20:30 »
Yeah, it isn't as fun as the last version.

I have a lot of ideas, and sometimes they're bad.

The lack of potions isn't fun. But I think I will keep that monsters don't drop potions. It's not like you run out of money so you can just buy them if you need them.

But one thing I've learned in life is that if you try to decide what idea is good or bad before you really consider it you end up judging all ideas as bad. I can't live in fear. So sometimes I have to have a bad idea just to be fair to that idea maker in my head.

Yeah, I am going to restore Coredweller. Like I said, I can't afford to not try new ideas, even if they are bad.

I have to be honest and say that implementing the ideas was a lot of fun.

In Earth, I figure my Magma Sprite will be my one-on-one damage dealer with fire breath for some optional AoE and Coredweller can be crowd control with wildfire replaced with the same earthquake as v1.1 for stun.

I was thinking about giving a mine laying skill for Earth, like a volcanic orb trap with the new template from Runemaster.
« Last Edit: 12 December 2017, 15:46:42 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Bumbleguppy

• D'oh-ist Mage
  • Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: 12 December 2017, 15:40:21 »
Came across a new bug. The "Market.tpl" template controls the Merchant inventory. It's where you place the weapons, potions and other things that a merchant sells.

The new version added the ranged one handed so you can list those separately like anything else, v1.1 just added them to the bow loot tables so this new version gives better control.

However, when you open an existing Market table from the game database, the Misc tab where all the rings and potions are sipposed to be listed is blank. But if you open the same file in Notepad, all the potions and rings ARE there so it's an issue with the new ArtManager and the new template. A new bug.

EDIT: I dived into the template and found the glitch. I posted in teh latest patch forum on Steam so hopefuloy it will be fixed if there's another update. I attached the fixed version to this post.

I don't know what to do. I suppose I have to re-populate ALL the merchant tables in the game by opening up the files in Notepad and transferring all the file paths for the misc tab to the blanked out misc tab in artmanager. Sigh.

Another adventure I had was with the gameengine, I had an idea that I could increase the monster spawn per difficulty using the Proxy Info tab and use the percent values. Problem is that if you go over 150%, two bosses spawn.

So I increased the spawns in each proxypoolequation file and REDUCED the spawn so it was 50%;75%;100% in gameengine (what a clever idea!), see? But then Alastor wouldn't spawn. Anything UNDER 100% and a proxy with only ONE boss ended up rounding down to zero in game. PFAH!

So I have it set to 100;120;140 for Normal Epic and Legendary and reduced the proxypoolequation. Oh well.
« Last Edit: 12 December 2017, 16:55:10 by Bumbleguppy »

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: 12 December 2017, 19:27:30 »
Ah, if potions can still be bought that's not so bad.  I thought you were getting rid of them entirely and replacing them with healers scattered about the game.

That Earth trap idea sounds good.  Haven't got too many points in the Rune version of it, but I like the way it goes bang when something hits it.  :)

Not Yet Rated!

Online nargil66

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: 14 December 2017, 00:07:59 »
You can make two versions, 1 with potions and 1 without. Ever played "living of the land"? With that kind of challenge you cant buy potions from shops... you rely on drops, and every potion drop is like a tresure. Also can't use any caravan, you decide what you dont need and just drop it. Idk why but i always feel more happy before the first blue item drops...

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal