Author Topic: Pantheon Mod - Development  (Read 269433 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
  • Mesh-Texturing Beautifier :)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: Deities Mod - Development Thread
« Reply #465 on: 10 December 2018, 21:58:43 »
Browsing theoi.com, i found which will be the other pets of Zeus, except the eagle. The myths are pretty straightforward about it :):

THE HARPYIAI (Harpies) were the spirits (daimones) of sudden, sharp gusts of wind. They were known as the hounds of Zeus and were despatched by the god to snatch away (harpazô) people and things from the earth. Sudden, mysterious dissappearances were often attributed to the Harpyiai.

The Harpyiai were once sent by Zeus to plague King Phineus of Thrake (Thrace) as punishment for revealing the secrets of the gods. Whenever a plate of food was set before him, the Harpyiai would swoop down and snatch it away, befouling any scraps left behind. When the Argonauts came to visit, the winged Boreades gave chase, and pursued the Harpies to the Strophades Islands, where the goddess Iris commanded them to turn back and leave the storm-spirits unharmed.

The Harpyiai were depicted as winged women, sometimes with ugly faces, or with the lower bodies of birds.

Now I know why the devs made them Storm-related.

Btw, I'm working on a new in-depth draft for all new creatures and heroes + their skills. I'm still burned out from database editing, but when I start again, i want to have everything on paper and just make the stuff.
« Last Edit: 10 December 2018, 22:09:04 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline LotusBlade

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #466 on: 20 December 2018, 06:10:03 »
Some feedback regarding deities Ares mastery.

Skills which are currently good
1) Sown Warriors — one of the main powers of Ares, currently i haven't found any other ways to build this mastery, since Battle Trance and Endurance also increasing warriors power. I ended up using beastcaller rings and amulet for extra physical dmg to pets. They die often, resulting in high mana demand, so this is sort of caster-summoner build, rather than warrior-with-army. In other words, you have no mana for other skills early game (acts 1-2, i haven't reached higher areas yet).

2) Shield Ram is the only way to deal good ammount of damage. The problem is — it works against single target and has way too long cooldown (12 seconds). It also eats good chunk of mana, so you cant really use it early on. I think this skill should be putted somewhere higher in skills tree and be combined with his passive (+ammount of targets hit).

3) Evasion, Hoplite Training and Shield Bash are all good passives. The only problem is — they are NOT early-mid game passives. Having ability to dodge attacks is cool only at epic and legendary difficulty, since on normal you just kill enemies before they reach you... Well, Sown Warriors do that, not "you".

Skills which need changes
4) Jab. I havent found any single point to level up jab and its passives. A low basic chance to be activated and further low growth per skillpoint resulting in those being completly useless. Ares mastery isnt providing you with pure dmg, so you cant be melee warrior, but instead, you are forced to use summons and varietty of buffs for them. Having some 7% chance to deal 30 bleed in 3 seconds isn't good. Just some numbers: my other Deity champion (sorry i forgot her name - a purple summoner witch) has 380 average dmg in the middle of act 2 (normal), while Ares champ has 55. Yep, thats how weak he is. Lack of onhit effects is devastating for early game, so i can only run around and watch my warriors doing 98% of job.
Suggestion: increase basic % chance to 12% and give +4% chance per level. Instead of dot effect (bleed) give it some pure dmg (physical / piercing).

5) Call of phobos is incredibly useless. Upon use it fears your enemies and force them ro start running in different directions, which prolongues battles, since you have to catch them one by one far away from eachother.
Suggestion: make it buff allies instead with varietty of bonuses, for example, "temporary add +max hp".

6) Onslaught. Currently this is the weakest left-mouse-button skill in the game, among all of the different mods i played (and i played a lot of them) and vanilla included. It gives no dmg bonuses to your hero and requires lots of points to get any noticeable effect at all. The only useful part of it is hp regen at the end, but once again, you will reach it much later.
Suggestion: add some +dmg bonus, cus +%strenght isn't helping if you have 400 or less strenght stat.

Conclusion
Currently Ares feels weak compared to other Deity and its even weaker than basic Warrior mastery. I remember, when i was playing vanilla warrior i could put all skills into "onslaught" and hit monsters so hard that their bodies were flying into space. And now i am struggling alot, having no dmg as fighter and highly dependant on my pets. There are only 2 Sown Warriors, so its very hard to maintain them alive without many bonuses from skilltree. I have to give them passives, shields, i have to upgrade life steal for them and even then pets manage to die often. Sure, thanks to dodge and hp regen i can tank dmg, especially with help of regen items (+3 hp regen +50% hp regen on all items). But it feels very booring and "long". Doesn't looks like i am using almighty Ares powers. Also there are limited ways of build your hero. Leveling Ares from 1 to 20 was incredibly hard and i did not feeled like achieving something or growing in power, but rather struggling to survive.

Call of phobos, Jab and Onslaught have zero synergy between them and have no influence on pets. They might be good in combination with other masteries, but right now there are only 2, so its a big "no".

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #467 on: 20 December 2018, 09:01:44 »
Hi, welcome to the forum thank you for trying the demo. I'll consider all of your suggestions.
To answer on some of your points:
It's good that Ares pets are not weak, but my original plan for Deities was to not be a pet focused mod. So I guess ill buff more skills that are player only.
The idea for Ares was to be good with bleed damage, he is a bloodthirsty god; you are right however that bleed cant compare with raw physical damage. For starting ill buff Onslaught and Jab trees to do more % physical. Call of Phobos is trickier - I'll have to think an alternative that fits the Fear theme, without Fear effect :)
It will take alot of testing and help from players, before the skills are even relatively balanced. I appreciate your feedback.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #468 on: 21 January 2019, 04:59:05 »
Found this while digging in my old drafts:

Mastery Related Crafting Skills

Nature/Dionysus - Carpentry: make bows, staves, and other items from wood and bone
Hunting/Artemis - Leatherworking: make light armor for dex classes
Warfare/Ares - Weaponsmith: make weapons from metal
Defense/Hephaestus - Armorsmith: make heavy armors
Runemaster/Zeus - Runecraft: make scrolls and magical runes that to insert in items
Earth/Apollo - Jewelcrafting: make magical rings and amulets
Storm/Athena - Tailoring: make cloth armor for mages and special dyes
Rogue/Hermes - Lockpicking: make keys to open chests
Spirit/Hecate - Alchemy: make potions for healing, protection and buffing
Dream/Poseidon - Enchanting: make artifacts

Gathering Skills - They are Mastery related:

Skinning - gather leather from animals
Mining - gather metal ore from rocks
Forestry - gather wood from trees
Herbalism - gather herbs from shrubs
Prospecting - gather precious stones from rocks
Thievery - gather additional gold from corpses

To see how I imagine it to work, here is a video that i've made some time ago.

The idea is still in baby stage, but i think it's worth the try.

In the meanwhile, i'm working on a new Artemis draft. There are new things done in the mastery, but I want to know where i'm aiming to before i continue.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #469 on: 21 January 2019, 15:35:59 »
The crafting skills idea is interesting,though I am assuming that the crafting options will change as you progress trough the game,because crafting a knife in Legendary wont be very helpful to say the least.The Artemis skill tree seems to have been improved,but does that mean you scrapped most of the original tree?Ah,anyway,I hope the development process goes well.You still have a long way to go until release,but your motivated and you love what your doing and thats what matters.
One more question:what deity will offer the most vitality and life leech damage(and also ressistance)?Im assuming that will be Hecate,right?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #470 on: 21 January 2019, 16:05:39 »
Idea is nice, but could be much better if every type of monster could give chance for crafting points or something like that which could be used as 2nd boost for items, depending on item type, fighting weapons, armors or ring types. So it could be improved gaming experience if items could be equiped with relic or charm and 1 crafted bonus at the same time, even blue or purple items.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #471 on: 21 January 2019, 16:14:28 »
The crafting skills idea is interesting,though I am assuming that the crafting options will change as you progress trough the game,because crafting a knife in Legendary wont be very helpful to say the least.
There is an option for the crafting skills to use the Quest tree instead of the Mastery trees. This will allow you to gain skill point for the crafting tree passively as you progress in the game. I imagine each level of a crafting skill to give access to new recipes - this means the crafting device summons will use different loot tables as they increase in level. At least that's the plan.

The Artemis skill tree seems to have been improved,but does that mean you scrapped most of the original tree?Ah,anyway,I hope the development process goes well.You still have a long way to go until release,but your motivated and you love what your doing and thats what matters.
Thank you. Yes, i am slow, but not less dedicated to finishing this. If it takes years to shape all the ideas i have, so be it :)

One more question:what deity will offer the most vitality and life leech damage(and also ressistance)?Im assuming that will be Hecate,right?
For now yes, Hecate.
« Last Edit: 21 January 2019, 16:20:30 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #472 on: 21 January 2019, 16:16:51 »
Idea is nice, but could be much better if every type of monster could give chance for crafting points or something like that which could be used as 2nd boost for items, depending on item type, fighting weapons, armors or ring types. So it could be improved gaming experience if items could be equiped with relic or charm and 1 crafted bonus at the same time, even blue or purple items.

Cany you explain your idea more? Give an example maybe?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Typhon

• Xul
  • TQ Titans
  • Sometimes you just gotta march on Mount Olympus.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -6
« Reply #473 on: 21 January 2019, 17:47:05 »
With mining, forestry, and so forth, will you make it to where we can attack rocks and trees to harvest these items or is it for enemies, like spriggans that are plant-like?
Your inventory is full *Plays intense game of tetris*
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #474 on: 21 January 2019, 18:06:09 »
With mining, forestry, and so forth, will you make it to where we can attack rocks and trees to harvest these items or is it for enemies, like spriggans that are plant-like?
The first, I plan most of the game evironment to be made interactable. Monster charms will still be ingredients in some recipes.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #475 on: 21 January 2019, 20:37:09 »
All Artemis skills are imported and arranged. Now begins the tweaking phase - skill stats, new icons, etc.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Edit: The Mastery draft is complete now and the missing skill is filled. Added all tags and descriptions.
It's shaping pretty fast, but most of the skills were ready from before. I may post a new video soon :)
« Last Edit: 21 January 2019, 23:21:58 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
« Reply #476 on: 22 January 2019, 03:50:56 »

Cany you explain your idea more? Give an example maybe?
Will post in next 24h.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #477 on: 22 January 2019, 11:00:53 »
Final Artemis draft:

The skill descriptions are ingame already.

Had an idea today about the second tier of nymph. First tier is a water nymph (Naiad), but second tier is a Hyperborean nymph (daughter of the north wind Boreas). And since she is sky related, maybe i can add her wings :) It should be achievable. Also i can change her spawn animation to player one to make her come thom the sky and add silver rays of light to it.
I think it will look cool.

EDIT: Tweaked all hunting weapon skills again. New list:

Spoiler for Hiden:
tagArtemisSkill09=Marksmanship (Self Buff Aura)
tagArtemisSkill09Desc=Proficient with the bow, you can fire arrows that fly faster and at longer distance.
Hidden Bonus: Increases weapon range with 0.5 meters for each level after the first
X Piercing Damage
+% Projectile Speed

tagArtemisSkill10=Barbed Arrows (Marksmanship Modifier)
tagArtemisSkill10Desc=Applying barbed edges to your arrows will give them a chance to bleed and stagger the enemy.
% Chance of:
X Bleed Dmg over 3s
% Slower Movement for 6s
1 Second of immobilization

tagArtemisSkill11=Volley (Passive on Attack)
tagArtemisSkill11Desc=A combat technique that uses the bow or spear to rapidly strike three times.
% Chance to be Used
3 Projectiles

tagArtemisSkill12=Moon Shards (Passive on Attack)
tagArtemisSkill12Desc=Learning the secrets of the moon mistress, you can fire enchanted arrows that multiply on impact, sending out magical shards in all directions.
% Chance to be used
X-X Fragments
50% Chance to pass through
X Frostburn dmg over 3s
% Energy Drained (% as damage)

tagArtemisSkill13=Ambush (Active Attack)
tagArtemisSkill13Desc=A swift surprising attack with spear or javelin that will send most enemies to their grave.
+% Physical Dmg
X Pierce Dmg
+150% Projectile Speed
300% Movement Speed

tagArtemisSkill14=Impale (Ambush Modifier)
tagArtemisSkill14Desc=Targeting vital weak-points on your enemy causes intanse bleeding and diminishes a portion of their total life.
% Health Reduction
X Bleeding Dmg over 3s
1 Second of Stun

tagArtemisSkill15=Puncture (Passive on Attack)
tagArtemisSkill15Desc=A combat technique with spear or javelin that can pass through the enemy, causing massive blood loss.
% Chance of:
100% Chance to Pass Through
X Piercing Dmg
X Bleed dmg over 3s
+100% Offensive ability

tagArtemisSkill16=Deadly Aim (Passive on Attack)
tagArtemisSkill16Desc=Provides a chance that your attacks will ignore armor and strike on enemies’ vital spots when using any hunting weapon.
% Chance of:
+% Pierce Dmg
+% Pierce Ratio
% Health Reduction
I finally start to like how it looks. You have 5 skills available (active or passive) no matter if you are using bow, spear or thrown, only with different combiantions for each.

Bow - Marksmanship, Barbed Arrows, Volley, Moon Shards, Deadly Aim
Thrown Waepons (Javelin) - Ambush + Impale, Puncture, Deadly Aim, Moon Shards
Spear -  Ambush + Impale, Puncture, Deadly Aim, Volley
« Last Edit: 22 January 2019, 14:51:21 by nargil66 »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline nargil66

• Forum Moderator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #478 on: 22 January 2019, 19:29:36 »
The tree is around 60% done. New video showing some of the new stuff:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mvlad954

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #479 on: 22 January 2019, 19:39:44 »
Just a curiosity:How is it possible to make lyres weapons.I have read Apollos description and it says that he also has lyres as weapons.I didnt knew this was possible.Will they work similar to staves?

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal