Author Topic: My Basic Approach to Casters  (Read 2985 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
My Basic Approach to Casters
« on: 15 June 2019, 14:49:32 »
This is basically what i tried to say here. Only this time I'll try to make it more... uhmm.. more more

This is my basic approach to building casters. I'm not saying this is the best way of building casters. I'm not saying every caster should be built this way. But I'm saying this is my preferred way of building casters. And mind you i love casters. And if you hate deaths like i do, this is what i recommend.

Like I've said in some of my posts, i don't like staves. I like it if i have 10 items instead of 9. But that means getting strength, right? Right of course. So hybrid? not necessarily. So strength and int so that means no DA? Of course you'd want that also.

This is doable self-farmed but you have to be patient in farming. Why? Because low dex means you have to get your DA from items. And that's one of the beauties of playing this a caster. Because you don't need OA. And DA can be easily get from items especially for twinked characters. Also, if you are gunning for no deaths, i recommend to just twink. It's allowed anyway. And to cheese whenever you can. It's also allowed  ;D

No str + dex melee references here please. This is a caster thread :)

Many people like int and dex for casters. This is slightly similar but i take str instead of dex

The advantage: you get a shield and you also get DA

The disadvantage: you don't get access to dex items like SB cuffs. you can solve that if you get dex also but that's another story. that's harder but doable. but harder  :D

The stat distribution is different though. And this is where it gets a little harder. For int + dex, you can just go 1:1 and it will be alright. For str + int, you can't go 1:1. Just trust me on this. Start int first then just get str later. Start with a staff. Usually, i use a staff until act 3 normal. Then i put a little bit of points on str just to equip shields. But not too much. Learn to save stat points. I read somewhere before, someone said to spend stat points because you need to, not because you can. I agree with that. If you feel you're fine, just save your stat points. 400+ int is enough for the whole normal and epic. You'll have enough points on str if you do that. The rest, just save them.

This will be easy to gear if you do it this way. If you have items waiting for you already, you don't have to pre-plan what your items will be. I don't plan at all whenever i do this. It always turns out fine. Like i said, this is my basic approach. My go-to build whenever i want to build something safe. Usually i still put points on dex but not too much. Just 200+ endgame legendary.

Do i nerf my damage by doing this? maybe but i don't really feel like my kill speed is slowing down. I kite less with these characters after all, and when i kite less, i have more time to attack. Have i tried casters with no str or just all in on int? Of course. Like everyone, i tried to build my characters the usual way. But i find that this works for me better and I'll take this way over the usual practice.

just some examples. managed to scrounge some pics

Spoiler for Hiden:

still no deaths but haven't started legendary yet. ignore the lightning dash and phantom strike. i just tried it for fun

Spoiler for Hiden:

an old pic from my haruspex. the first death of this came from 3 Fafnirs. I died twice there because i got bored so i decided to do it again and again for about 10x. Really could've done this no deaths :)

Spoiler for Hiden:

Corselet of freyja has been nerfed since Atlantis. My DA used to be 1200 but it dropped to 700. Haven't decided on another gear combination yet or if i will change my gears at all. Still don't feel like playing this since Atlantis

Spoiler for Hiden:

But this is different. I have low DA but i just hide in briar ward all the time

Starting With Mage
« Last Edit: 15 June 2019, 21:02:08 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Tags: caster mage 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal