Author Topic: TQ.net members  (Read 26828 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Medea Fleecestealer

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +1
TQ.net members
« on: 18 October 2017, 10:08:35 »
Here's what I dug up from the GD thread.  I've pm'd defboy99 and malgardian (spectre on the TQ.net site) already so they're not on the list.  Haven't heard back from either of them though.

Father Squid
Ayslum101
Pazuzu
1cec0ld
Bumbleguppy
Mountainblade
Powbam
Violos
Benitot
Shalie
Cleglaw2016
FOE
TheBonobo4
Tyr
Kaleg Nar
lqdhorror
Soulseekkor
Nightmare
Stormyboy
Stormcaller
gasconron
Croc

How many sections can you divide this forum into?  I'm thinking of the old site with Gameplay, Modding, Off Topic, etc, divisions.  I think something similar would be good - but we need to also consider having 2 of some of the sections: one for the old disc version of the game and one for the AE version.  Or else people posting will need to clearly label things like build guides/mods as which they're suitable for.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline sauruz

• Maze Lord
  • Global Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
Re: TQ.net members
« Reply #1 on: 18 October 2017, 12:17:30 »
well i think , something simple like old foruns style.

About non AE version and AE version sub titles, it can work tho.

p.s : Glad we got some foruns going on :) ty for hard work  people.

Check my upcoming TQ project - Titanomachy - "https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=910.0"

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 18 October 2017, 18:00:17 »
Will be here in about 30-60 minutes. Just came from work.
discord: efko#5979
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 18 October 2017, 20:37:24 »
@MedeaFleecestealer
How many sections can you divide this forum into? 
Unlimited number of boards and child-boards. My opinion about old site is that it was bad organized and it can be much better organized for better preview.

I'm thinking of the old site with Gameplay, Modding, Off Topic, etc, divisions.  I think something similar would be good - but we need to also consider having 2 of some of the sections: one for the old disc version of the game and one for the AE version.  Or else people posting will need to clearly label things like build guides/mods as which they're suitable for.
Game versions can be completely divided by categories. Example: http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=forum
Announcements and General with caps lock are the first 2 categories there. Then you can see boards and their child-boards.
I have all that on my mind. What I need here is some screenshots from old forum and descriptions.

It will be very important to get everyone who was active on old forum and to include in reviving forum for this game.

@sauruz it wasn't easy at least from my opinion to find things that I was searching for on old forum, so this time it can be much better organized.
Thanks to kja12 this forum is created. His codding skills will be with us, but probably he won't be active here, so only when there is a need for him he will come.

With SMF we can have a lot of membergroups here, permissions, limitations, etc.
« Last Edit: 18 October 2017, 20:41:27 by efko »
╚►They say "Before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes…". Make it worth watching. It's true, even for a blind man... ◄╝
              ╚►It is said some lives are linked across time, connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages ◄╝

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: 19 October 2017, 21:31:56 »
No problem with a better layout if you have ideas for them.

One thing though - not getting any e-mail notifications when new posts are added.  Think I've got it set up in my account so I should get them, but nothing so far.  I just popped in on the off chance to see what was going on.

Another thought.  Do we really need two forums?  Especially if they're on the same host?  If the host goes, then both forums would go.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: 19 October 2017, 21:55:53 »
Layout can be almost like we imagine it. Test things around the forum, use Gallery... Bud don't change forum settings because then I will need again to set up some things.
At bottom of your post you will see "Report to moderator" button. See bellow it "Notify", so when you click on Notify it will be activated shown as "Unnotify" - that means notify is active. So I guess there you should receive e-mails.
Forum explanation here
To request notifications from a specific board, click the "notify" button in the index of that board.
http://titanquestfans.byethost11.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=notification;u=3

Also maybe you should mark this "When sending notification of a reply to a topic, send the post in the email (but please don't reply to these emails.)". I don't use mails, so you have to test it.

Do we really need two forums? 
Absolutely not, but I think that can be good this way if we link 2 forums and as 3rd kirmiziniperfect site. What I mean here is kirmizi perfect has great downloading system and he needs forum for his site for about 10 games. On other side you guys wanted dedicated TitanQuest only forum so kirmiziperfect will be forum where will be included all games from list (13 is a number that I see there https://www.kirmiziperfect.com/games/ ) including titan quest but mostly for info about downloads, basic things, and something about titan quest etc, so that forum won't be dedicated to single game. This forum will have that purpose, dedicated only to Titan Quest as primary function and of course more. Good thing and some kind of exchange which can we get from linking forums with cooperation on high level is that titan quest name will bring titan quest users, and that means more downloads on kirmizi, also users will join here and there all the time, here mostly for discussions. I was counting on that that you won't like 2 things:
1. Everything on the same host
2. kirmiziperfect for prefix on forum name - your expectations told me that you want to be domain like titanquest..and something.

Now this is for now free hosting, not official domain. For domain we will have to pay about 1e or more, for hosting here I think 45-55e per year + 100e to be on top of google and some more things.

I'm listing facts here, don't get wrong my post.
« Last Edit: 19 October 2017, 22:13:41 by efko »

Not Yet Rated!

• Administrator
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: 20 October 2017, 08:25:31 »
I see what you're getting at re the forums.  My concern is that both are hosted or use byethehost11.com so if that goes then both forums would be lost.  It may be that grinninglich is just using the same layout from them for his forum and it wouldn't matter - not up on this technical stuff.

As far as I can see unnotify is already supposed to be working, but I'm getting no notifications.  I get this message when I click on unnotify at the bottom of this thread.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Pinhan Pain

• TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: 20 October 2017, 19:02:03 »
I see what you're getting at re the forums.  My concern is that both are hosted or use byethehost11.com so if that goes then both forums would be lost.  It may be that grinninglich is just using the same layout from them for his forum and it wouldn't matter - not up on this technical stuff.
It is same theme. Kırmızı Perfect forums is hosted on my own servers. Not on bythehost11.com. And yes a Efko said anyone from community can buy titanquest dedicated domain name and then Efko will server this forum from there.
« Last Edit: 20 October 2017, 19:05:40 by Pinhan Pain »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: 20 October 2017, 21:49:45 »
Same theme, but there are 2 options to pick from with different colors https://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2637
Forum can not be lost if we have backups.
About not receiving emails, the best way is to ask here why you doesn't receive any https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: 22 October 2017, 21:18:52 »
I need screenshots from old forum, have to see boards organization.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prosoro

• Forum Moderator
  • Formerly 'Nefer' of the tq.net forums.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
« Reply #10 on: 23 October 2017, 07:19:58 »
Hey guys!
Man it's good to have a new place for us Titan Quest veterans to call home, +1 to eternal thankfulness ^^,
To efko and all who have helped with getting this new site/forum going, my heart felt thanks and I truly hope it will endure for years to come.

Having said that, am I getting waay too ahead of myself here or is this (as seems to be the case) indeed going to be the new go-to dedicated site for Titan Quest following on from TQ.Net?

Also.. Medea I don't happen to see my name above on that list??! :P

Anyway, I'm stoked about this and am here to stay if this is here to stay.
~  Anything new for TQ? Experience what Unearthed Studios NZ has been up to with the release of Eternal Embers! - Website: https://www.unearthedstudiosnz.com/ ~

Lurking no more..

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: 23 October 2017, 11:56:04 »
Thank you for kind words and support. You are welcome to help us with forum. That list was fast made by Medea and its possible that someone was missed to be listed.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Pazuzu

• The Omnipotent
  • Forum Moderator
  • Keel
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: 23 October 2017, 12:08:05 »
Glad to see all those old faces, i ll help if i can, rebuilding the community!
Corsair Carbide Air 540 - Asus Maximus VI Hero - Pentium G3258 5Ghz - Thermalright TS 140 Power - Samsung EVO 850 250GB - Corsair Dual Airflow Fan - Corsair Vengeance 8gb - Nvidia GTX 750Ti.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline efko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: 23 October 2017, 12:18:06 »
Nice to see how we are slowly getting members, but I hope in next days we will get all listed + more  :))
To remind everyone, we have discord channel as well in case that there is a problem during registration or if there is a problem with login.
« Last Edit: 23 October 2017, 12:20:19 by efko »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Benitot

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: 23 October 2017, 12:43:53 »
Hey Medea!
Great to see you.
Just wanted to drop a hello ;D

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal