Author Topic: [Tips & Tricks] A way to get immunity to 3 x Minotaur Lords in legendary  (Read 15874 times)

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone:  0
Minolords are known to be toon killers in Xmax challenge. Their high attack speed and dps, added to their harmstring ability that breaks down your DA and their ability to slow down your movement speed make them a nightmare for any hardcore challenger in legendary.

Minolords are not known to be tankable for these reasons. Therefore, the usual way to handle with them is a cheesy way: get a pet (or a bow) and pull one Minolord while staying at the gate. In case of a bad pull, you only have to retreat and the doors are closed. If the pull is ok, cross the fingers and hope that you kill the minolord before he kills you.

Therefore, i created what i hoped the most tanky toon: a runesmith and searched a way to handle with them (and also with my nightmare Barmanu). The aim was to reduce their damage output so that the toon could kill the 3 in colossus form.

The first step was to check, without Xmax,  their damage output with the tip of floating numbers. In order to know this number, i took the shield 'Glory of Belenus' which gives 25% chances of 100% damage reflected. Therefore i could see, by the reflected number, the real damage number 1 time over 4. The damage output appeared to be around 1000 for a normal hit and 2000 for a critical hit (Actually the critical hit can raise up to 3000 when the 3 minolords are in the place...):
Spoiler for Hiden:

The gear setup at that moment was nearly good but there was still a damage input on the toon. Therefore i tested the artefact 'Sigil of bast' and was disbelieving with the result: the toon became immune to the minolord  :o

I then tested the whole gear setup in Xmax with the finger on keypad ready to call Colossus form (but never had to):

Spoiler for Hiden:

Yeahaaaah  >:D

So here is the gear setup:

- Odysseus ' armor: 35% less from beastmen
- 3 pieces of Veteran's armor socketed with Cernunmos' majesty (33% physical resistance and 45% less from beastmen)
- 2 rings of Gladiator's creed: 20% physical resistance
- Torc of the ancestors of the wilds: 11% physical resistance
- Sigil of Bast: -100 damage from beastmen

This gives 80% less from beastmen, 64% physical resistance and -100 less from bestmen.

Here is the calculation i made to understand how it can work, i may be wrong though:

The mean armor value for the runesmith, with armor protection) is 750 to be conservative with this setup and the amor absorption is 80% (66% 'x' 22%).
2000 on critical hit - 750 * 0.80 = 1400 from armor protection and absorption
1400 * ( 1-0.8 ) = 280 from %less to bestmen
280* ( 1-0.64 ) = 101 from physical resistance
101 - 100 (Sigil of bast)= Immune !

This gear setup although uncommon, is not rare. Any veteran that has finished legendary act 5 may have some veteran gear in his vault (no need here to have a very rare suffix on veteran prefix).

Can a mage toon be immune to minolords ? i guess yes. But he should  push on the physical resistance up to 80%  ;)

Edit: Spoilers added for fluidity

« Last Edit: 08 December 2018, 16:12:28 by Tauceti »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: ?
good find.. one request: can you post a pic of the summon bast? either i can't remember what it looked like or i haven't seen it at all

Can a mage toon be immune to minolords ? i guess yes. But he should  push on the physical resistance up to 80%  ;)
i think mage toons shouldn't tank the minotaur lord.. that's crazy.. what i usually do is cast eruption then close the gate.. or traps then close the gate.. or lighting bolt then close the gate.. chances are 1 will teleport outside the gate.. but one mino is fine.. sometimes 2 will teleport but it's never 3 for me
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
You made me think that I have never seen it... Since the trigger is on low health, I then used the sigil bast on another toon to check. The summoned bast appeared to be a transparent sabertooth:

Spoiler for Hiden:

i think mage toons shouldn't tank the minotaur lord.. that's crazy..
I agree, that's why it's funny to make it possible  ;D.

But... i checked my vault and realized that there was no veteran piece of gear for mage. The only gear useful is an head armor Stheno with 12% physical resistance. Either i was unlucky, either it is intented that there is no veteran gear for mage. Can you confirm that feature Bote ?

Not Yet Rated!

Offline mammoth_hunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: +3
At tq-db there is a filter in the upper left corner where you can type some text. Type "physical resistance". There are quite a few caster items in helms, gloves and chests, so I won't even post all of them. You should probably check Diogenes chiton and Archmages mantle.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
welp.. tq-db says veteran's prefix is only warrior.. still, archmages mantle + sthenos wisdom + 3 dionysus wineskin = 78% physical resist

that said, my casters wear shields.. one of my favorite shields (since i don't have aionios) is priams gate.. it has 10% physical resist.. my dreamkiller uses that

https://titanquestfans.net/index.php?topic=791.0
first char

and for earth toons, heat shield has physical res

edit: i have poor eyesight.. the 48% resist on archmages mantle is pierce res.. physical res is only 30%.. so 30+12+18 is only 60% physical res

then again on priams gate, physical res is only 8%.. not 10%
« Last Edit: 07 December 2018, 09:50:00 by botebote77 »
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
welp.. tq-db says veteran's prefix is only warrior
Ok i understand now why i could'nt find any.

You should probably check Diogenes chiton and Archmages mantle.
Ah, the Archmages mantle, i have forgotten this one ! thanks Mammoth.

Therefore with some modifications, it should work, well at least theoretically... I will try this on my diviner which is a pure int mage, this week-end.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Some freedom exists in the gear setup for mage. Here is one way to build it:

- Archmage's mantle: 33% physical resistance
- 1 arm piece of Veteran's armor socketed with Cernunmos' majesty: 12% physical resistance and 15% less from beastmen
- Stheno's wisdom: 12 physical resistance, free socket
- Ardent greaves: 30 % less from beastmen
- Torc of the ancestors of the wilds: 10% physical resistance
- Sword of the Glauberg Prince: 15% less from beastmen
- Nubian deflector: 25% less from beastmen
- Sigil of Bast: -100 damage from beastmen

Hence, this gives 80% less from beastmen and 80% physical resistance without any attribute point spent in strength.
The strength needed for the veteran armor, the glauberg sword and the shield comes from the 2 rings which also give %str less required.
The only rare item to find is the Torc of the ancestors but it's likely that other gear setup can fulfill the 80% requirements.

A quick calculation, neglecting protection from armor,  gives:
2000 on critical hit * ( 1 - 0.80 ) = 400 from %less from beastmen
400 * (1 - 0.80 ) = 80 from physical resistance
80 - 100 = Immune from Sigil of the Bast

So, here is a crash-test with a int-diviner. The deathchill aura is out, as well as the pets, so that this test applies to any mage.
Spoiler for Hiden:

In the second test, the diviner has no artefact at all, and ... i was surprised by the result...look at the upper left icon:
Spoiler for Hiden:
The toon life went down quickly up to the point where the passive Distortion field from dream mastery is triggered. Therefore damage input from the minolords is again negated (for a while) ! This specific skill allows 20% damage absorbtion and 39 damage absorption. Hmm.. interesting maybe for other purposes.

Edit: Added spoilers and direct links to gifs

« Last Edit: 09 December 2018, 15:30:37 by Tauceti »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline botebote77

• mage boy
  • TQ Titans
    • View Profile
    • Awards
f*** i have no ardent greaves.. i was thinking about barmanu.. next real threat to my elementalist xmax HC

imagine dropping eruption in the middle of those 3 minolords
i are TQ titans
i are many people

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
You can still take any green boots and socket those boots + the stheno head armor with Cernunmos' majesty. Ardent greaves are useful to save 2 Cernunmos relics though.

Regarding Barmanu, i don't think immunity is possible in legendary because one has to pile up 80% BM, 180% cold resistance and ideally 80% physical resistance... Maybe in normal.
On the other hand, since each projectile is composed of 75% cold damage and 25% physical damage, something like 20% physical resistance could work with a conqueror.
It wouldn't be immunity since colossus form and battle standard are active skills but maybe this could be done.

I'll check soon with my runesmith. The main problem will be to pile up cold resistance hmm.... Rally could solve this but its duration is only 10s... OhOhOH it 'll be funny  ;D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
For the Barmanu encounter, here is the gear setup I used on my runesmith in legendary:

- Odysseus ' armor: 35% less from beastmen
- Ritual clever: 29% elemental resistances
- Scale of the Black Dragon: 25% less from beastmen
- Icescale helm: 14% physical resistance, 15% less from beastmen, 18% elemental resistances, 33% CTAP
- Veteran's Dvergr greaves of Immortality socketed with Cernunmos' majesty: 10% physical resistance, 15% less from beastmen, 15% CTAP
- Jarngneipnr: 85 cold resistance
- Torc of the ancestors of the wilds: 11% physical resistance
- Sigil of Bast: -100 damage from beastmen, 18% elemental resistances

This gives 80% less from beastmen, 159% cold resistance; 55% physical resistance and 48% CTAP
Actually, this setup was built first on icescale helm because i knew that 180% cold resistance was not possible. Therefore an active skill has to be used: the rally tree so that 180% CR could be reached but its duration is only 10s. Since it is really short, the icescale helm with its 15% chances of 500% damage reflected could do the job whereas the toon stands in colossus form.

The calculation is, for a conservative 10000 dmg per projectile:
10000 x ( 1-0.8 ) = 2000 from % less from beastmen
2000 x 0.44 = 880 from colossus form
880 is composed of 75% cold, 25% physical: 660 and 220 dmg
660 x ( 1-0.8 ) = 132 from cold resistance when rally is applied
220 x (1 - 0.55) = 99 from physical resistance
132 - 100 = 32 cold damage from sigil of the bast
99 - 100 = Immune to physical damage from sigil of the bast.

I verified without Xmax and it worked well: 32 x 15 projectiles = 480 damage, that was what i approximatively observed on the runesmith.

Therefore this could be tested with Xmax. Here is the result:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Note that 2 Barmanu insta-killed themselves, thanks to the the icescale helm. One survived, therefore i had to drink in urgency a red pot and finished the 3rd Barmanu because the rally effect would not stay long.

Well it wasn't immunity for sure in that case, but all this setup helped for this encounter.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Having some trouble in Jotunheim, i spent some time in Land's end to search how to handle with giants.
Again, there is a degree of freedom, so here is a gear setup for a DW spellbreaker (normal difficulty - Xmax):

- 2 green weapons socketed with Donar's hammer: 2x 30% dmg to giants, 2x 15% less dmg from giants
- Megingjord: 10% dmg to giants, 20% less dmg from giants
- Jarngreipnr:  20% dmg to giants, 10% less dmg from giants
- Pendant of Skaldi:  10% less dmg from giants
- Buskins of Valhöll:  10% less dmg from giants
- Golden Belt: 25% armor protection, 80 less dmg from giants

This gives 80% (and 80 flat) less dmg from giants, 90% dmg to giants, 20% physical resistance and ensures immunity to melee and ranged giants in Eldr fields and Land's end. It works also with Sinmara the Priestress of the flame, the 1st form of Loki and the 1st form of Surtr (excepted to its wave of fire which seems to be an external source). Regarding Loki, this is handy since he hits very hard on its 1st form. The encounter is easy when fighting the 2nd form of one Loki while leaving the 2 others Loki in their 1st form. (In the animation, the deathchill aura is switched off to not interfere)

Spoiler for Hiden:

This setup is for normal difficulty, it should work in epic and likely needs an improvement in legendary. About mages, one weapon has to be replaced by the MI shield Einherjar's stand (15% less dmg from giants) and all other armor pieces come from Valhöll MIs (the normal version to lower the strength requirement).

Edit:
- works also with Polyphemus in epic, but requires a band of souls instead of one ring of gladiator's creed.

« Last Edit: 27 December 2018, 11:14:05 by Tauceti »

Not Yet Rated!

Offline WNG

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Time Zone: -4
I really like those setups of yours. Looking forward to more of them!

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Thanks. I forgot one point: in the last fortress, the black elves are still dangerous and can break down immunity to giants with their debuff. The worst situation is a special room where imps, black elves and giants can be found alltogether. Hence the toon can be rooted, debuffed and crushed by giants  ;D

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Another gear setup, this time for Typhon.

I finally completed the Tartarus set a few weeks ago. Is this set really difficult to obtain ? I can't say because i got multiple head, arms, and boots from the set but got only one version of the chest armor. It's a gamble.

Dark justice of Tartarus: 10% dmg to titans, 10% less dmg from titans
Black cage of Tartarus: 10% dmg to titans, 10% less dmg from titans
Inexorable grip of Tartarus: 10% dmg to titans, 10% less dmg from titans
Unyielding shackles of Tartarus: 10% dmg to titans, 10% less dmg from titans
Tyrvidar's might: 25% less dmg from titans

This gives +40% dmg to titans and 65% less dmg from titans. Other slots (weapon, shield, 2 rings and artifact) are free and can fulfill easily the remaining gaps in fire/ligthning/ Vitality/ poison resistances necessary for the Typhon encounter.

But XX% less damage from &Boss_type is not enough to ensure immunity. Flat YY less damage from &Boss_type is necessary. No such item exists for Titans though. This can be achieved with a divine scroll of unbroken fortitude which gives 180 less damage for a 90s duration. Hence Immunity is obtained in normal/epic with this scroll. In my tests, up to one third of the toon's life is removed by legendary typhon with its meteor shower. That means Xmax is still dangerous. On the other hand this setup is handy for this encounter if one avoids showers or even desynchronizes showers in legendary.

Epic Typhon:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Tauceti

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Legendary Manticore

This setup is the hardest to build so far, because it implies a lot of farming but it is worth it, not only for the Manticore fight. The key item is a ritual medallion socketed with a torturated soul and a rare completion bonus (5% chances)

When completed this way, this amulet becomes your precious since it provides nearly 50% less damage from demons and magicals, this is huge. Mages can fullfill 80% without too much problems but strength based toons have harder time. The only valuable item is the Sigurd's cloak but requires 272 int. Therefore the Hugin and Munin arm piece is needed for its 70 int.

- Volund's Masterpiece: elemental resistances
- Sigurd's Cloak: 40% dmg to magicals,20% less dmg from magicals
- Hugin & Munin:  70 int
- Barbarian's Spiked Greaves: poison and pierce resistances
- Blessing of the Moirae: 10% less from magicals and elemental resistances
- Apollo's will:  fire, poison and pierce resistances
- Chiron's Loop:  poison and pierce resistances
- Ritual Medallion socketed with Torturated soul: +51 to magicals, 24% less from magicals x2
- Shield of the Skuld: poison and pierce resistances
- Talisman of the Jade Emperor: elemental resistances

This gives +40% dmg to magicals and 78% less dmg from magicals. The required 80% poison, pierce and elemental resistances are also fulfilled. But this is not enough to ensure immunity. Like for titans, a divine scroll of unbroken fortitude is necessary.

Legendary Manticore:
As usual, specific protection skills like Deatchill aura or Battle standard are switched off to not interfere.
Spoiler for Hiden:

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal